Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I Told You Houston Nutt Was A Crazy person

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: I Told You Houston Nutt Was A Crazy person
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2011, 11:59:07 AM »
This is Spurrier's last chance to train his son. If they are somewhat successful, his son will be able to get another job.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2011, 12:09:44 PM »
If you ask anybody other than Prowler, Utah St. beating AU would have been an upset.
Ask this guy

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2011, 12:38:23 PM »
You're a dumb ass...

I think Alabama should never play a game again since they are better than everyone else. We should just automatically award Alabama the national championship and then everyone else can play the games for second...
Ok, so I just want to make sure we're clear here.....

Auburn = Utah State
Auburn is comparable to Florida Atlantic
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

JR4AU

« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2011, 12:45:31 PM »
And there is a reason they call some wins for a team an "upset". Because they aren't supposed to win. ULM didn't have superior talent or coaching when they beat Alabama. If you ask anybody other than Prowler, Utah St. beating AU would have been an upset. You can't convince me they have superior talent or coaching. UK coming from 18 points behind and beating USCe the week after the cocks beat Bama is an upset. 

Like I said before, USCe put foot to ass that day. They certainly earned the win. Alabama didn't just hand them the win. That was probably the best game Garcia has played in his entire collegiate career.  Yes, Spurrier has lost it. That was arguably his best win......and that was 5 years into his tenure. It took his team 5 years to become halfass relevant in the SEC, and still get their asses beat down in a SECCG.

Your team gets beat by lesser teams when the lesser team's coach prepares his team better than your lord sabenz and his staff.  Simple concept.  Talent usually wins out unless it gets out coached.  And I dont mean this ridiculous notion of play calling on Sat., I mean all fucking week leading up to the game. 
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 12:49:54 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2011, 12:51:19 PM »

Auburn = Utah State

You're digging your dumbass hole deeper.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2011, 01:09:57 PM »

Auburn = Utah State

You're a dumb ass...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2011, 01:22:45 PM »
They are averaging 7 wins a year. They're averaging middle of the pack in the SECE. That's 6 years into Spurrier's term. The scary thing is, last year may have been their peak. The deal with them EVERY year is "Well, they just need this piece of the puzzle." Or that piece of the puzzle. They've needed a QB for 3 years. It's not like Garcia all of a sudden started sucking. Arkansas, UF, Clemson, and possibly UT will beat them this season.

From 1961-2004, USC was averaging 5.97 wins a year.  In 6 years, Spurrier has been averaging 7.33.  Lou Holtz (99-04) was averaging 5.5 wins a year.

Of the 16 bowls that USC has gone to in it's History, 5 have come under Steve Spurrier.

He's more than "decent."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2011, 01:26:50 PM »
From 1961-2004, USC was averaging 5.97 wins a year.  In 6 years, Spurrier has been averaging 7.33.  Lou Holtz (99-04) was averaging 5.5 wins a year.

Of the 16 bowls that USC has gone to in it's History, 5 have come under Steve Spurrier.

He's more than "decent."

Let me respond bammer style:  How many championships has he won there?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2011, 01:30:25 PM »
You're a dumb ass...

I think Alabama should never play a game again since they are better than everyone else. We should just automatically award Alabama the national championship and then everyone else can play the games for second...

You listened to the Tider Insider radio show didn't you?  That was the consistent take the entire time I could force myself to listen to it. 

"Rodney, has ya EVUR seed a team sah DOM-E-NENT?  I gotta say this prolly the best team since mebbe 1978 when Bahr coached them boys."

No *insert caller name here* it's been a long time since I've seen a team this thoroughly dominant on both sides of the ball.  There's nobody in the country that can stay on the field with them, they're just that good.  Saban, blah blah blah...

"Weyull, I don't thank Vanderbilk can even score a point do yew?"

I think Vandy can be competitive. For a short while.  I'm calling it mercifully 31-0.  Probably won't try to score after the half. 

"November 5 is the nashaneel champyunship game, ain't it Rodney?"

I really don't think LSU's offense can do anything against this defense.  And nobody has been able to stop Trent Richardson for three years.  If both teams hold serve it will get the buildup, but I don't really see it as two equals.  There's Alabama and then there's everybody else.  This is a team that's been dominant for a long time. Dominant in every decade. That's not going to change....

Then I started vomiting. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

RWS

« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2011, 03:28:37 PM »
Your team gets beat by lesser teams when the lesser team's coach prepares his team better than your lord sabenz and his staff.  Simple concept.  Talent usually wins out unless it gets out coached.  And I dont mean this ridiculous notion of play calling on Sat., I mean all fucking week leading up to the game.
My point is simply that 1 game is not indicative of a program's status over a 5 year span. Last season was Spurrier's best at USCe, and he got pistol whipped in the SECCG, and lost his bowl game. And that was probably his peak.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2011, 03:35:54 PM »
My point is simply that 1 game is not indicative of a program's status over a 5 year span. Last season was Spurrier's best at USCe, and he got pistol whipped in the SECCG, and lost his bowl game. And that was probably his peak.

Agreed.  I think he has a D to keep him in every game.  And in fact, enough kick ass athletes like Ingram and Clowney on that side of the ball to win some games on D alone.  But, that offense was frickin' anemic.  Yes, I'm proud of our D and I think they had a part in making them look that way.  But what on earth would make anyone scared of that offense?  Lattimore and Alshon are big time playas but if all you're going to do is pound him up the middle and occasionally launch one to Jeffreys.....hell, even Auburn can adjust to that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2011, 03:41:06 PM »

And that's better than has EVER been done there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2011, 04:34:29 PM »
The more important statistic here is, how many has he won?

He has won 1 bowl game at USCe. Against Houston. And he barely won. Troy has been to 3 bowl games in the past 5 years. All it takes is 6 wins nowadays.

Just sayin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2011, 04:47:53 PM »
And that's better than has EVER been done there.
Relative to the SEC East then and now, they're still middle of the pack to next to last. It just depends on what kind of season Kentucky has every year. Vandy is normally dead last in the East, then UK and USCe take turns in the next to last spot. They are exactly where they were when Holtz was the coach, in that respect. It's great that Spurrier has taken them bowling every year, but they lose nearly every time. Oh, they finally made it to the SECCG? Oh yeah, they got fucked up there too. All Spurrier has to show is a better yearly average by 1-2 games, only to get beaten in their bowl game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2011, 04:51:46 PM »
I was pulling for FSU against the Pricks.  First, because the Noles are my 2nd favorite team.  Plus, I've rarely encountered a bigger group of douchebombs than the Prick fans at the SECCG.  That was before the game.  I didn't see any when the clock hit 00:00.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2011, 09:26:57 AM »
The more important statistic here is, how many has he won?

He has won 1 bowl game at USCe. Against Houston. And he barely won. Troy has been to 3 bowl games in the past 5 years. All it takes is 6 wins nowadays.

Just sayin.

I'm not arguing his success in bowl games, just that he's more than "decent."

He's, in my opinion, the second best coach the SEC has had in the past 50 years.  Even with what he does at USC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2011, 10:40:53 AM »
I'm not arguing his success in bowl games, just that he's more than "decent."

He's, in my opinion, the second best coach the SEC has had in the past 50 years.  Even with what he does at USC.

Well, he may be the second best, but he's a distant second to Bowden.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2011, 11:14:33 AM »
Relative to the SEC East then and now, they're still middle of the pack to next to last. It just depends on what kind of season Kentucky has every year. Vandy is normally dead last in the East, then UK and USCe take turns in the next to last spot. They are exactly where they were when Holtz was the coach, in that respect. It's great that Spurrier has taken them bowling every year, but they lose nearly every time. Oh, they finally made it to the SECCG? Oh yeah, they got fucked up there too. All Spurrier has to show is a better yearly average by 1-2 games, only to get beaten in their bowl game.

You just don't fucking get it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions