Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I Told You Houston Nutt Was A Crazy person

JR4AU

Re: I Told You Houston Nutt Was A Crazy person
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2011, 04:09:02 PM »
Nutt showed interest in Auburn, not the other way around....Thank GAWD!!!

skreetz
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2011, 04:11:41 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2011, 04:38:22 PM »
^^THIS!

You can't completely suck as a coach and win the SECW at a place like Ark, or win 9 games 2 years straight at a place like Ole Miss. 

I do think he's lost it.  I think he'd do great if he went to a job like where Terry Bowden is, and got to be a football coach, and not a CEO and face of a high profile program.   There's lots of really good football coaches that are not even remotely cut out to e Div 1 BCS level coaches.
I really wonder what happened with Spurrier. It's like he could never get bank in sync with the college game after he left it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

JR4AU

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2011, 04:41:46 PM »
I really wonder what happened with Spurrier. It's like he could never get bank in sync with the college game after he left it.

You don't think being at USCe has anything to do with it do you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2011, 05:06:14 PM »
Yes and no. While USCe isn't exactly a recruiting honey hole, a coach like Spurrier should have been able to do something halfway decent with mediocre to good talent. They were about on par with Alabama before Saban, really.

He's become a figurehead, and nothing more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2011, 05:08:35 PM »

My take.  He has no QB and hasn't been able to land one since he's been there.  Anyone recall our last trip to Columbia?  Auburn had to hold on for dear life and if we hadn't kept the ball for the ENTIRE 3rd quarter, we would have lost that game.  The point though, is that USCe had a QB who wasn't the greatest thing since sliced bread but he was athletic, had a decent arm and knew where Sidney Rice was at all times.  The offense was fast paced and fairly wide open. 

Saturday, I honestly wondered who was running the offense.  It appears that they have decided Lattimore is 75% of our offense.  We're going to pound him over and over and hope we can trust Garcia to pop the occasional play action to Alshon.  Maybe that's the smartest thing to do and yes, we as Auburn fans, were raised on that philosophy.  But, Spurrier has had great backs before and he never ran anything remotely like the conservative style he's running now. 

Not an X's and O's guy.  Any of you see a difference?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2011, 05:36:46 PM »
a coach like Spurrier should have been able to do something halfway decent with mediocre to good talent.

You don't think he has?  I mean, yeah, the balance of power in the SEC has shifted to the West, and UF, UT, and UGA were down last year, but I think he's getting on average 7 or 8 wins a season.  I'd qualify that has "decent."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2011, 05:46:11 PM »
You don't think he has?  I mean, yeah, the balance of power in the SEC has shifted to the West, and UF, UT, and UGA were down last year, but I think he's getting on average 7 or 8 wins a season.  I'd qualify that has "decent."
Winning the East last year (and beating RWS's team) qualifies them as "decent".

Add a QB to that team (i.e. Lattimore, Jeffrey, Ingram, Taylor, Sanders, Gilmore, Clowney), and they would be serious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2011, 06:33:48 PM »
Winning the East last year (and beating RWS's team) qualifies them as "decent".

Add a QB to that team (i.e. Lattimore, Jeffrey, Ingram, Taylor, Sanders, Gilmore, Clowney), and they would be serious.
Just because they beat my team last year doesn't mean they're decent. Alabama shouldn't have lost to them. Case in point, they went out and lost to KENTUCKY the very next week. Other than beating Alabama, USCe did not beat a worth a shit team last season. UF may be an arguable win, but last year UF's biggest accomplishment was beating a 7-6 Penn State in the Outback Bowl. Believe me, I should be pumping them up to be world beaters last year since they beat Alabama, remember? They just weren't all that great. Alabama should have punked them just like AU and Arky did. Last season qualified them as a middle of the pack team that found some luck.

They are averaging 7 wins a year. They're averaging middle of the pack in the SECE. That's 6 years into Spurrier's term. The scary thing is, last year may have been their peak. The deal with them EVERY year is "Well, they just need this piece of the puzzle." Or that piece of the puzzle. They've needed a QB for 3 years. It's not like Garcia all of a sudden started sucking. Arkansas, UF, Clemson, and possibly UT will beat them this season.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2011, 07:26:16 PM »

He has never liked to recruit, and he never had to worry about doing much recruiting with his system at Florida.  Now, 9 of 12 SEC schools are running a similar offense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2011, 07:39:58 PM »
Just because they beat my team last year doesn't mean they're decent. Alabama shouldn't have lost to them. Case in point, they went out and lost to KENTUCKY the very next week. Other than beating Alabama, USCe did not beat a worth a shit team last season. UF may be an arguable win, but last year UF's biggest accomplishment was beating a 7-6 Penn State in the Outback Bowl. Believe me, I should be pumping them up to be world beaters last year since they beat Alabama, remember? They just weren't all that great. Alabama should have punked them just like AU and Arky did. Last season qualified them as a middle of the pack team that found some luck.

They are averaging 7 wins a year. They're averaging middle of the pack in the SECE. That's 6 years into Spurrier's term. The scary thing is, last year may have been their peak. The deal with them EVERY year is "Well, they just need this piece of the puzzle." Or that piece of the puzzle. They've needed a QB for 3 years. It's not like Garcia all of a sudden started sucking. Arkansas, UF, Clemson, and possibly UT will beat them this season.
I love when people say that...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

RWS

« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2011, 08:56:52 PM »
It's in the sense that Alabama has better players, and better coaches (overall). Don't get me wrong here, USCe put foot to ass and earned that win 100%. I'm not saying they just backed into that win. They certainly played better than Alabama. Looking at the overall picture, though, they shouldn't have won. Alabama had everything in their favor. Bottom line, Alabama lost to a lesser team. 
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 08:58:10 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2011, 09:03:39 PM »

I normally would agree with you here AWK, but Garcia had a career day. 19 out of 20 times, the guy goes full tard like he did against us. If he goes full tard against Bama last year, the game probably isn't even close.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Aubie16

« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2011, 09:20:40 PM »
I normally would agree with you here AWK, but Garcia had a career day. 19 out of 20 times, the guy goes full tard like he did against us. If he goes full tard against Bama last year, the game probably isn't even close.

He did go full-tard on them. Do you not remember him kicking the ball out of the endzone for a safety when he could have easily fallen on it and taken a simple sack and punted?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

JR4AU

« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2011, 09:35:15 PM »
Yes and no. While USCe isn't exactly a recruiting honey hole, a coach like Spurrier should have been able to do something halfway decent with mediocre to good talent. They were about on par with Alabama before Saban, really.

He's become a figurehead, and nothing more.

You don't win without talent.  Saban couldn't win consistently at Vanderbilt.  They don't get the numbers of quality players to win it all.  He's done better than any other. 

That said, I've heard some coaches comment that Spurrier has been reluctant to get with the times, change anything he does, and use the more modern concepts.  That could be true.  There's a saying among coaches..."Be better, or be different".  If you don't have better talent, you better be doing something new and cutting edge to give them a chance.  He has USCe talent, running his offense that's been in the SEC since 1990. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2011, 06:03:14 AM »

Your case in point is stupid.  Doesn't matter if they went out the next week and beat the 78 Steelers or lost to Slippery Rock. 

They didn't "get lucky" and beat Bama, they straight up whipped their ass. 

Go fuck a goat. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2011, 07:37:41 AM »

Nobody ever beats bammer...bammer gives it away?  Spurrier has lost it, but coached up inferior talent to beat the all world team?  You talk out of both sides of your mouth.  There's a reason that, no matter who the opponent, they still actually tee it up and play the game. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2011, 09:50:49 AM »
He did go full-tard on them. Do you not remember him kicking the ball out of the endzone for a safety when he could have easily fallen on it and taken a simple sack and punted?

Yeah, he did do that but his stat line that day has yet to be duplicated by him.

17/20  201 yds  3 TD's

Compare that to what he did this past Saturday.

9/23 160 yds  1 TD (jumpball to Jeffries) 2 INTs

Dude basically became Superman for a day, played over his head and had a career game against Bama. Not trying to play devils advocate and side with RWS or anything. Just saying Garcia is schizo, and on that day he happened to play an almost perfect game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2011, 11:43:03 AM »
Nobody ever beats bammer...bammer gives it away?  Spurrier has lost it, but coached up inferior talent to beat the all world team?  You talk out of both sides of your mouth.  There's a reason that, no matter who the opponent, they still actually tee it up and play the game.
And there is a reason they call some wins for a team an "upset". Because they aren't supposed to win. ULM didn't have superior talent or coaching when they beat Alabama. If you ask anybody other than Prowler, Utah St. beating AU would have been an upset. You can't convince me they have superior talent or coaching. UK coming from 18 points behind and beating USCe the week after the cocks beat Bama is an upset. 

Like I said before, USCe put foot to ass that day. They certainly earned the win. Alabama didn't just hand them the win. That was probably the best game Garcia has played in his entire collegiate career.  Yes, Spurrier has lost it. That was arguably his best win......and that was 5 years into his tenure. It took his team 5 years to become halfass relevant in the SEC, and still get their asses beat down in a SECCG.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2011, 11:55:35 AM »
It's in the sense that Alabama has better players, and better coaches (overall). Don't get me wrong here, USCe put foot to ass and earned that win 100%. I'm not saying they just backed into that win. They certainly played better than Alabama. Looking at the overall picture, though, they shouldn't have won. Alabama had everything in their favor. Bottom line, Alabama lost to a lesser team.

You're a dumb ass...

I think Alabama should never play a game again since they are better than everyone else. We should just automatically award Alabama the national championship and then everyone else can play the games for second...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions