Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I Told You Houston Nutt Was A Crazy person

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: I Told You Houston Nutt Was A Crazy person
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2011, 10:28:44 AM »

Boom goes the dynamite.

In short, Chizik handled the situation like a professional. Nutt should try that approach next time.

One more thing on the subject of commitment. Someone should remind Nutt that, behind the scenes, according to people close to him, he expressed interest in the Alabama job after Mike Shula left and the Auburn job after Tuberville departed. Nutt's interest in the Auburn job came after he'd been at Ole Miss for only one year.

Judging by the performance of both Nick Saban and Chizik, it's safe to say that neither Alabama nor Auburn has any regrets about Nutt. Can Ole Miss say the same?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2011, 10:42:38 AM »
Hopefully, that's gonna' leave a mark.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2011, 11:14:31 AM »
I heard that Scarbinsky was head of Never to Yield...any truth??
74% true.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2011, 12:51:29 PM »
74% true.

He's 3/4 sure about that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2011, 12:52:49 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2011, 12:59:20 PM »
One more thing on the subject of commitment. Someone should remind Nutt that, behind the scenes, according to people close to him, he expressed interest in the Alabama job after Mike Shula left and the Auburn job after Tuberville departed.

That made me both joyous at the "what could have been's" had that crazy motherfucker been at Turdville, and nauseated at how Auburn dodged a bullet, all at the same time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2011, 02:43:28 PM »
That made me both joyous at the "what could have been's" had that crazy motherfucker been at Turdville, and nauseated at how Auburn dodged a bullet, all at the same time.
What's scary is that when Shula left, I would have been OK with Nutt. I stated numerous times when the Saban rumors came up that there was no way in hell Saban would even consider coaching at Alabama. Looking back at some of the people we were hoping for (Rich Rodriquez, Spurrier, Nutt?, etc), Alabama most certainly dodged a bullet. As fans, we were desperate for anybody that came close to looking like they knew what the fuck they were doing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

JR4AU

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2011, 02:47:00 PM »
What's scary is that when Shula left, I would have been OK with Nutt. I stated numerous times when the Saban rumors came up that there was no way in hell Saban would even consider coaching at Alabama. Looking back at some of the people we were hoping for (Rich Rodriquez, Spurrier, Nutt?, etc), Alabama most certainly dodged a bullet. As fans, we were desperate for anybody that came close to looking like they knew what the fuck they were doing.

I have no real skreetz, but have heard that Yella Fella was pimping Nutt hard at the end of Tub's gig.  Whew!  And, BTW, I think Nutt is entertaining, and not nearly as bad a coach as some haters think, but I wouldn't want him at Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2011, 02:51:59 PM »
I think Nutt is entertaining,

He absolutely is....at someone else's program.

and not nearly as bad a coach as some haters think

Then you're simply willfully blind to the facts. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

JR4AU

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2011, 02:53:57 PM »

Then you're simply willfully blind to the facts.

What facts?  I didn't say great coach.  Just not as bad as some think. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2011, 03:05:14 PM »
What facts?  I didn't say great coach.  Just not as bad as some think.

If you are getting run from Ole Miss with those expectations, you are indeed a bad corch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2011, 03:06:37 PM »
If you are getting run from Ole Miss with those expectations, you are indeed a bad corch.

ok
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2011, 03:27:42 PM »

I think he is a bad coach now. He has lost it for some reason or another.

I don't think he was this bad of a coach at Arkansas. I DO NOT think he would remotely fit in at Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2011, 03:29:38 PM »

I don't think he was this bad of a coach at Arkansas. I DO NOT think he would remotely fit in at Auburn.

Teressa Pruitt would agree with you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2011, 03:32:30 PM »
No?

If you noticed in my post that started this I said "..but I wouldn't want him at Auburn."  Thus, it's just not worth the effort to debate it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2011, 03:36:10 PM »

^^THIS!

You can't completely suck as a coach and win the SECW at a place like Ark, or win 9 games 2 years straight at a place like Ole Miss. 

I do think he's lost it.  I think he'd do great if he went to a job like where Terry Bowden is, and got to be a football coach, and not a CEO and face of a high profile program.   There's lots of really good football coaches that are not even remotely cut out to e Div 1 BCS level coaches. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2011, 03:36:58 PM »
Teressa Pruitt would agree with you.
I didn't say he was sane or ethical.

He typically averaged 8-9 wins at Arky and a top 25 finish without top 25 talent. Most, at the time, considered him to be one of the coaches (along with Tubs and Ferentz at Iowa) who got a lot out of players. Something has happened since then. He even won 18 games his first 2 years at Ole Miss. If you could win 9 games a year at Ole Miss over your whole career that would probably be considered a success. I'm not saying Nutt is a good or great coach by ANY means. I just don't think he's always been as bad as he is right now. I'm not sure what the hell happened the last 2-3 years. Maybe the chickens are coming home to roost, maybe it's karma. Who knows. But yeah, right now - he's pretty bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2011, 03:49:37 PM »
Nutt showed interest in Auburn, not the other way around....Thank GAWD!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs