Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Anyone else mad about Frazier?

Xanusus

• Admit it, I'm sexy
Anyone else mad about Frazier?
« on: September 24, 2011, 10:27:57 PM »
I cussed the coaching staff all night long. Are we trying to hide this young man?

Good lord he came in and lit it up. That's what we've been missing is a threat to run at QB. and his one pass tonight wasn't THAT bad. He's a frosh and will learn but this coaching. PAHLEASSEE play him for goodness sakes! 4 plays against a cupcake WILL NOT CUT IT! He deserved at bare minimum to be in for the entire last series. What are they thinking? Sit Trotter. We had the game in hand. Give Frazier some reps please!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Anyone else mad about Frazier?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 11:08:28 PM »
I honestly think the reason Trotter stayed in the whole game was because the coaching staff is scared to let Frazier or whoever on the field is because they were scared that someone else may have success. Trotter has looked horrible to me from the first game and the coaching staff really needs to think about making a change. We have 1 certain victory left on our schedule with Trotter at QB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 11:10:39 PM »
You are drunker than I am. "lit it up"? He threw one damn pass and it did not look that great. I've seen the Kodi Burns show once already. I think I'll wait till he at least completes one pass before I even entertain going that route.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Yoda

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 11:56:17 PM »
You must be the fringe fans Finefuck is always talking about. There is nothing wrong with Trotters play, you really think 3 rushes for 30 yards and one fucking pass against a junior college shows hw is ready to play in the SEC.

Our problem is on the the other side of the ball. The only reason stats were somewhat better is because the juco talent we played tonight could not bust through ALL of the fucking arm tackling.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 04:17:08 AM »
I would like to see Frazier run the offense when he comes into the game. I'm growing tired of this Wildcat bullshit. Trotter looks lost running this offense, line up in the I formation and hand the fucking ball to Dyer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

jmar

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 04:44:54 AM »
You must be the fringe fans Finefuck is always talking about. There is nothing wrong with Trotters play, you really think 3 rushes for 30 yards and one fucking pass against a junior college shows hw is ready to play in the SEC.

Our problem is on the the other side of the ball. The only reason stats were somewhat better is because the juco talent we played tonight could not bust through ALL of the fucking arm tackling.
No IMO Frazier is being brought along fine. Offensive line is barely a caution light on most pass plays and the seals on the perimeter are not there for OMac. Dyer should be running more but I think Gus is trying to save him some for the long haul. We have a real weapon in Blake and the others receivers aren't getting open enough so Trotter forces it some and runs some, mostly out of desperation due to little time. I don't mind seeing Frazier more but with the meat of the schedule coming up I trust the staff knows what it's doing. All of this is magnified by our inability to play defense.

Only the two power teams in the west have the decided advantage. South Carolina can be had with some timely blitzing, Florida is much like Clemson and Arky will be a handful. The rest is manageable. I went through the Barfield years as an adult. We had four or five players that could play on any team and scrapped for a half and had better teams on the ropes many times only to fail because the skill set didn't match the veer except at QB. We have far more overall talent and just have to take our lumps. The guys will play hard and there will be some bright spots and several losses along the way. No panic here.

It is what it is. I'll bitch when we fuck one away and talk shit when we steal one. We can play .500 ball if we get one more receiver to emerge and mix in short screens. We have to have those seal blocks on the corner. That makes Dyer more effective and with a little better pass protection Trotter will play better. Even then, we still have to defend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 08:16:34 AM »
I honestly think the reason Trotter stayed in the whole game was because the coaching staff is scared to let Frazier or whoever on the field is because they were scared that someone else may have success. Trotter has looked horrible to me from the first game and the coaching staff really needs to think about making a change. We have 1 certain victory left on our schedule with Trotter at QB.

Your focus on Trotter is, to me, off base considering the other issues on this team. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 09:02:37 AM »
Your focus on Trotter is, to me, off base considering the other issues on this team.

No it isn't. They aren't mutually exclusive. Did you see the TOP last night? Gus even said last week a lot of that falls on them. The D has BEEN an issue. The Trotter issue is a somewhat new one. Right now, he sucks. I hope he gets his shit together, but as of today, he's a liability.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Xanusus

• Admit it, I'm sexy
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 10:56:53 AM »
I"m not mad about Trotter he played a serviceable game and has since being named starter. What I'm mad about is burning Frazier's redshirt and then continuously yanking him. Not letting him get in sync with the O. If they're going to send him in let him at least play a full series. Furthermore, there at the end Trotter had no business leading that last series. We had the game in hand. Exposing starters unnecessarily (like OMAC) to injury is just dumb.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 11:00:49 AM »
No it isn't. They aren't mutually exclusive. Did you see the TOP last night? Gus even said last week a lot of that falls on them. The D has BEEN an issue. The Trotter issue is a somewhat new one. Right now, he sucks. I hope he gets his shit together, but as of today, he's a liability.

He's a liability if he's asked to carry the team.  And for now he is.  We don't have a QB that can carry this team on his back.  Focusing on him is the wrong thing IMHO.  He's a product of other issues, not THE issue.  It's always the easiest thing to do to rant on the starting QB.  One player.  Just replace HIM, it will ALL get better.  No, no it won't.  I have no great love for Trotter, though I think he's hung around, waited his turn, and earned his shot, nobody has a right to the starting QB job.  However, all ills of a struggling football team are not always solved by replacing the starting QB "just because".  If he wasn't asked to play above his ability, he'd be just fine, and we'd be a 9 or 10 win team if the defense was mediocre, and we ran the ball more.  Asking Trotter to throw us to victory, will result in misplaced blame on Trotter, like now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2011, 11:30:55 AM »
I cussed the coaching staff all night long. Are we trying to hide this young man?

Good lord he came in and lit it up. That's what we've been missing is a threat to run at QB. and his one pass tonight wasn't THAT bad. He's a frosh and will learn but this coaching. PAHLEASSEE play him for goodness sakes! 4 plays against a cupcake WILL NOT CUT IT! He deserved at bare minimum to be in for the entire last series. What are they thinking? Sit Trotter. We had the game in hand. Give Frazier some reps please!

If by lighting it up you mean 3 Rush for 30 yards, and 0 for 1 passing, then yeah, I can see why everybody would be clamoring for this guy to come in and take over for trotter.  Goddammit people, it's not always the QB!  Fuck sakes!  FOCUS!

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2011, 11:32:16 AM »
I would like to see Frazier run the offense when he comes into the game. I'm growing tired of this Wildcat bullshit. Trotter looks lost running this offense, line up in the I formation and hand the fucking ball to Dyer.

Jesus, I can't believe I'm reading the "line up in the I formation" shit here! 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 11:36:01 AM »
He's a liability if he's asked to carry the team.  And for now he is.  We don't have a QB that can carry this team on his back.  Focusing on him is the wrong thing IMHO.  He's a product of other issues, not THE issue.  It's always the easiest thing to do to rant on the starting QB.  One player.  Just replace HIM, it will ALL get better.  No, no it won't.  I have no great love for Trotter, though I think he's hung around, waited his turn, and earned his shot, nobody has a right to the starting QB job.  However, all ills of a struggling football team are not always solved by replacing the starting QB "just because".  If he wasn't asked to play above his ability, he'd be just fine, and we'd be a 9 or 10 win team if the defense was mediocre, and we ran the ball more.  Asking Trotter to throw us to victory, will result in misplaced blame on Trotter, like now.

Never blamed solely him. But he sucks. He hurts the team more than he helps the team. Do we have another QB that is better? No clue. But if we are relying on him to even HELP us win a game...it ain't gonna happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2011, 12:13:31 PM »
Never blamed solely him. But he sucks. He hurts the team more than he helps the team. Do we have another QB that is better? No clue. But if we are relying on him to even HELP us win a game...it ain't gonna happen.

Help?  Yes, he's capable.  Sucks?  Well, if you call completing a little over 61% of your passes for almost 200 yards a game, almost 8 yards an attempt, 8 TDs and 3 Ints sucking...then yeah, he sucks.   Trotter's suckage is a by product of what's going on around him IMHO.  And, as you said, do we have better?  Doubt it, or he'd be out there.  But, yes, coaches can fuck up, so maybe we're sitting the next Cam Newton, who knows.  I know this, Trotter is way down the list of things to fix about this team. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2011, 12:44:24 PM »
Trotter's good enough to be AJ McCarron.  That's for sure. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 01:06:28 PM »
Jesus, I can't believe I'm reading the "line up in the I formation" shit here! 

We could've ran the ball every down and scored 50 on that sorry ass Fau team......Free Dyer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

JR4AU

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2011, 01:13:57 PM »
We could've ran the ball every down and scored 50 on that sorry ass Fau team......Free Dyer.

Can't disagree with that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2011, 03:03:39 PM »
Help?  Yes, he's capable.  Sucks?  Well, if you call completing a little over 61% of your passes for almost 200 yards a game, almost 8 yards an attempt, 8 TDs and 3 Ints sucking...then yeah, he sucks.   Trotter's suckage is a by product of what's going on around him IMHO.  And, as you said, do we have better?  Doubt it, or he'd be out there.  But, yes, coaches can fuck up, so maybe we're sitting the next Cam Newton, who knows.  I know this, Trotter is way down the list of things to fix about this team.

You want to say that Trotter suckage is a biproduct of his surroundings, but can't see that his inflated stats aren't a product of having pretty good play makers around him??? As Kaos would say....

Pfffffffffftttttt

Trotter does not complete many balls down field. He gets help from playmakers by throwing short to intermediate routes and lettin the playmakers run free.

I think he sucks and is a liability. Is he the only liability?? Hell no. But to say he is the least of the worries is laughable. He IS the liability on offense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2011, 03:31:58 PM »
You want to say that Trotter suckage is a biproduct of his surroundings, but can't see that his inflated stats aren't a product of having pretty good play makers around him??? As Kaos would say....

Pfffffffffftttttt

Trotter does not complete many balls down field. He gets help from playmakers by throwing short to intermediate routes and lettin the playmakers run free.

I think he sucks and is a liability. Is he the only liability?? Hell no. But to say he is the least of the worries is laughable. He IS the liability on offense.

My point was, he doesn't suck.  He's average.  With more snaps, which he'd get if the Defense would get off the field, he'd be adequate.  If they'd run the ball more he'd be adequate. JMHO, clearly, YMMV.  If you say he's the weak link on offense, I might be inclined to agree, but maybe would argue that the OL has been inconsistent, and is a liability at times, and of course affects Trotter.  I just don't think he's nearly as bad as you say. 

Issues:  1: Defense, far and away, all hell and gone the biggest liability to the team.  2: Apparent lack of identity on offense, and lack of commitment to run game.  This is still way far behind the defense.  3: Trotter, which IMHO is a byproduct of the fist 2, and remedying the first 2 would likely improve Trotter.

Again, JMHO, which also includes my trust of Malzahn to have the best he has out on the field, even if it's not as good as he'd like.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2011, 04:18:36 PM »
What about that Newton kid?  He was pretty good last year.  Why aren't we playing him? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.