Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Anyone else mad about Frazier?

jmar

Re: Anyone else mad about Frazier?
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2011, 07:23:49 PM »
We are almost exclusively a right sided team. The coaches acknowledged that in the Spring and even stated so publicly. How long is that gonna fly? OMac can't buy a block on the perimeter and the left side of the line is whiffing on soft contact with only Blake getting open and you guys want to put Frazier in or switch to the I formation? Who's the fucking lead blocker?

Cam had Darvin, TZak, a healthy Lutz and some protection.  We sealed the perimeter, we had a true fullback but most of all, we had experience.

So tell me, other than Dyer, Blake and a naked OMac, how dynamic do you want Frothro to be?

The opposition will start doubling Blake and loading heavy to its left.

Then what?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2011, 08:31:24 PM »
We are almost exclusively a right sided team. The coaches acknowledged that in the Spring and even stated so publicly. How long is that gonna fly? OMac can't buy a block on the perimeter and the left side of the line is whiffing on soft contact with only Blake getting open and you guys want to put Frazier in or switch to the I formation? Who's the fucking lead blocker?

Cam had Darvin, TZak, a healthy Lutz and some protection.  We sealed the perimeter, we had a true fullback but most of all, we had experience.

So tell me, other than Dyer, Blake and a naked OMac, how dynamic do you want Frothro to be?

The opposition will start doubling Blake and loading heavy to its left.

Then what?

Most offenses are inherently "right handed."  In fact, I believe Bill Walsh even wrote about that in his book, or some other where. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2011, 08:47:40 PM »
Most offenses are inherently "right handed."  In fact, I believe Bill Walsh even wrote about that in his book, or some other where.
Alabama looks to be that way too as I recall.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2011, 08:49:57 PM »
Alabama looks to be that way too as I recall.

As I said, most are set up that way. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2011, 08:55:12 PM »
Okay strike the right sided comments.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2011, 09:02:38 PM »
Okay strike the right sided comments.

Think about Dyer, and Tate's long TD runs under Malzahn.  A bunch came on the same truck sweep play at right end. 

When we go unbalanced line, which side overloads?  Right. 

Why it's this way, I could only speculate, and I'd love to be able to read what Walsh wrote about it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2011, 10:45:15 PM »
We could've ran the ball every down and scored 50 on that sorry ass Fau team......Free Dyer.

Seriously...what the hell is their issue with Dyer? Meyer said something about it last week on TV and the announcer last night did (I think it was Tim Couch). Everyone is noticing it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2011, 11:12:09 PM »

Most teams so favor a side, but still have success to the left. We seem to be right exclusive with NO success to the left.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2011, 11:45:21 PM »
What about that Newton kid?  He was pretty good last year.  Why aren't we playing him?

He lost his eligibility when he took money ro play football!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2011, 01:19:26 AM »
He lost his eligibility when he took money to play football!

Seems a little mean-spirited.  Silly rule.

Does his dad know?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2011, 01:56:42 AM »
Seems a little mean-spirited.  Silly rule.

Does his dad know?
As long as Daddy doesn't know were golden.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2011, 09:22:15 AM »
Damn lawyers (agents)! They ruin everything!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2011, 09:48:20 AM »
Granted, Trotter is unimpressive and there's no way he could be asked to "carry" this offense when things aren't going right.  Saturday night just proved to me what I feared.  This just isn't a very good team...at all.  FAU is the bottom of the barrell and issues or no isuues, Auburn should have wiped the floor with them on talent alone.  Even so, a lot of the talent was held out Saturday due to injuries.  Anyone realize Blake Burgess was playing tight end on several series?  My thoughts are:

1. Roof sux.  No need to elaborate.  It's been said.

2. Trotter's and the entire offense's success this year are based solely on executing Malzahn's system.  But IMO, Gus isn't giving them a lot to work with right now.  The whole world is questioning why Dyer is not toting the rock. In addition, Malzahn's play calling has been head scratching in numerous situations this year to say the least.  From the 3rd and 2 passes to continually "slamming" O-Mac up the gut.

3. The sideline reporter Saturday night was hawt.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2011, 09:51:58 AM »
Seriously...what the hell is their issue with Dyer? Meyer said something about it last week on TV and the announcer last night did (I think it was Tim Couch). Everyone is noticing it.

I get the feeling that the coaches know they will need him for 30+ carries in the next 4 weeks.  They want to save him as much as possible imnsho.  I had a bigger problem on Saturday night with the fact they didn't run Mason once.  These are the perfect games to get him some quality PT and allow him to spell Dyer in the SEC grind because he has the experience running with the 1's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2011, 10:25:57 AM »

3. The sideline reporter Saturday night was hawt.   

Uhh. Did I not mention several times that all the vampires in Auburn were scared after the game. It looked like after Buffy finished with her sideline gig, she was going on the prowl......

http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/kristina-akra-could-next-big-thing-sexy-sideline-reporting-1476002/
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 10:45:49 AM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2011, 10:27:34 AM »
I get the feeling that the coaches know they will need him for 30+ carries in the next 4 weeks.  They want to save him as much as possible imnsho.  I had a bigger problem on Saturday night with the fact they didn't run Mason once.  These are the perfect games to get him some quality PT and allow him to spell Dyer in the SEC grind because he has the experience running with the 1's.

^^This.

Look, I would rather not burn a players red shirt for 3 or 4 snaps a game, but I would rather seen Mason and Morgan (name change kid) get some carries and get them ready if called upon in SEC play. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2011, 10:46:55 AM »

Mason got 1 carry if I am not mistaken.

Or maybe he dropped one of the 42 screen passes we threw.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 10:47:53 AM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2011, 11:03:31 AM »
Mason got 1 carry if I am not mistaken.

Or maybe he dropped one of the 42 screen passes we threw.

I stand corrected.  He is now ready for Baton Rouge...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
Re: Everyone loves mad about Frazier?
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2011, 07:13:53 PM »
It has to do with the north-south orientation of the field and the Earth's rotation - south of the equator, they are left-handed
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions