Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

ESPN SEC Breakdown

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: ESPN SEC Breakdown
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2008, 04:36:00 PM »
Nobody really knows what to prepare for with Petrino.  he ran a conservative, play action offence while OC here.  He went to UL and lit it up.  To me, Arky's success depends (Like ours does) on  finding a QB to adequately run Petrino's system.  They're an unknown but certainly not in decline.  Decline from what?  Were they in the Sugar Bowl last year?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

BLS

« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2008, 05:01:29 PM »
There is no way Arkansas is on a "decline."  They may be rebuilding a little.

Of course they are rebuilding. If anyone thinks a whole new coaching staff doesn't equate to some bumps in the road isn't being truthful.
 That is going to cause a few problems. Does it mean they won't have some good games, beat some teams or even lose some games they should have won? Nope. The west division has question marks on every team. Frankly ,I think that because of all the changes in the west it causes Bama to to be competetive a little sooner than we would have if these changes hadn't occured at AU,LSU,or Ark. I would not be inclined to feel this way had the west not had these changes.
We were competetive in every game we played last year despite all the excuses. We are returning a very good offensive line, a QB that is experienced ( say whay you want but I'd prefer him over any freshman) along with a very good stable of running backs, all healthy now. The defense should should be serviceable. It won't be a huge improvement but there won't be any drop off either. We have questions but, so does every team in the west and I don't think the questions we have are any worse than any other team in the west
Opinions can be argued all day, it's in the eye of the beholder.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2008, 05:08:24 PM »

Of course they are rebuilding. If anyone thinks a whole new coaching staff doesn't equate to some bumps in the road isn't being truthful.
 That is going to cause a few problems. Does it mean they won't have some good games, beat some teams or even lose some games they should have won? Nope. The west division has question marks on every team. Frankly ,I think that because of all the changes in the west it causes Bama to to be competetive a little sooner than we would have if these changes hadn't occured at AU,LSU,or Ark. I would not be inclined to feel this way had the west not had these changes.
We were competetive in every game we played last year despite all the excuses. We are returning a very good offensive line, a QB that is experienced ( say whay you want but I'd prefer him over any freshman) along with a very good stable of running backs, all healthy now. The defense should should be serviceable. It won't be a huge improvement but there won't be any drop off either. We have questions but, so does every team in the west and I don't think the questions we have are any worse than any other team in the west
What you beholdin buddy? William Holdin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2008, 06:20:25 PM »

Yeah, some just base their opinions on SOME facts.  Some on fantasy alone.   :popcorn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions