Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

ESPN SEC Breakdown

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Re: ESPN SEC Breakdown
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2008, 04:03:05 PM »
JPW isn't a heisman. Not even close. He will have a good year though.

I think Petrino will do good at ARK. but this year will be too many mistakes for the team trying to get it all together. They are like AU in that the whole system has to go through a change.
I'm not going to argue on my opinion that I think we have as good a chance as you guys. For every reason you have that you guys can do it one could have for the arguement that we have a chance.
I'm not a koolaide drinking bammer that thinks we will win regardless. I feel like this year the way things happened on the coaching staffs with you guys, Ark, and Miles' situation with RP that it will allow us a little better chance to be more competetive in the west. Had you guys not lost your coordinators I think you'd be the clear favorites. And to answer someones question about our new offensive coordinator making that big of a difference, we will still run very close to the same thing we did last year. Only a few more rolll outs and terminology changed. It's not like the whole system has changed. JPW isn't all world but he does have alot of good game experience and I think that will help this year.

And how'd that offense work out for ya last year.  You still have John I'm just gonna throw it as far as I can Wilson taking the snaps, and the defense is really gonna stink it up this year.  But you keep on dreaming there sunshine.   :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BLS

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2008, 04:34:10 PM »
And how'd that offense work out for ya last year.  You still have John I'm just gonna throw it as far as I can Wilson taking the snaps, and the defense is really gonna stink it up this year.  But you keep on dreaming there sunshine.   :thumbsup:

and you think Burns and your offense is going to light it up?
Like I said, JPW had problems and we will this year but, he's got alot of good experience and He'll be much improved this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2008, 04:40:23 PM »

and you think Burns and your offense is going to light it up?
Like I said, JPW had problems and we will this year but, he's got alot of good experience and He'll be much improved this year.

Hell Yeah!!  I'll put your little avatar wager on this, Auburn will score more points during the season than bama will.  You game?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BLS

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2008, 04:46:53 PM »
Hell Yeah!!  I'll put your little avatar wager on this, Auburn will score more points during the season than bama will.  You game?

No ,I want to keep that on the Iron Bowl. Unless your having second thoughts?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2008, 04:57:21 PM »
No ,I want to keep that on the Iron Bowl. Unless your having second thoughts?

You're confusing your Auburn fans.

I've got your IB bet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

BLS

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2008, 05:01:46 PM »
You're confusing your Auburn fans.

I've got your IB bet.

Damn,  your right. I didn't go back to check.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2008, 08:09:19 PM »
We suck.
Don't worry about us at all. We'll be lucky to win our nonconference games. :rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2008, 04:35:47 AM »
I was listening to JOX today while doing nothing at work, and they were discussing the fact that the bookies on Bodawg.com released the odds for the Heisman trophy winner in 2008.  JPW was on the list and they had a good laugh about that.  The odds are 50 to 1 by the way, if you want to throw a few down.  I think the house might win.
U work? :clap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2008, 10:06:29 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2008, 10:44:49 AM »

Well, last year we lost half our starting Oline for 4 games. Any team would lose a game or two like that. (Not making an excuse but that hurts, I don't care what team you are)
Every running back we had was banged up throughout the year. Before Grant was hurt he was SEC player of the week twice. There are other problems too, including a new coaching staff, which means a new system. We shuffled players around to positions they'd never played to try and fit them in because we are stuck with '' some '' players that don't fit what this staff is trying to do. We had an offensive coordinator who shouldn't have been here.
We had a lot of reason for what happened last year. Despite all those problems our biggest loss was by seven points. The others were by 2, 3  4 points. With all the shit that happened last years we were in every game we played till the last. This same team that couldn't get their shit together held on till the last and ran pretty well with LSU, AU, Georgia, beat the hell outta Tenn. Yes we lost to MSU and LaMon. We had and still do have problems but with the things that have happened this off season and the difference the team has made from it's first year under Saban to this spring, it has been a huge leap.
This year the team has had one full year to understand what the coaches want for them.
The coaches, players and rest of the staff have noticed a big difference in strength, stamina and over all attitudes. That's just reports from people who are there. I don't know it to be fact but what else do fans have?
 Any way, LSU will have some problems with a new D coordinator, loss of RP. It will cause Miles to have a few hiccups in a couple games he shouldn't.
AU is coming in with a new Dcoordinator and a whole new Offensive scheme. You don't make big changes like that and expect not to have some problems.
I could break it down a lot more but it's too long already.
 Bottom line is I feel like all three teams have just a good shot as the other for the west. I don't think the question marks for any one of the three teams is anything each can't over come to win it.  

Typical Bammer post here.  A long winded response, to rebutt a bullet statement, that's full of blind predictions, vague explanations of what could have been, and a recap of all the woulda coulda shoulda moments from a season ago.  If it wasn't a blowout, generally EVERY TEAM had those "if we had just done that", or "if we hadn't done this" moments. 

Bammer has to prove SOMETHING first.  In other words, you have to show you can win with ANY of your players, because frankly you don't have, what the Bear would call, "a winner" anywhere yet.   

To say that Auburn and Alabama is on the same playing field right now is absolute delusion and crap.  Seriously, beyond your own hopes and dreams, there is NOTHING that can be compared between the two.   We're full of proven, experienced and winning players, while you have a roster full of "who knows?".

I've appreciated your usually level headedness in here, but every once in a while you take a major squat, then screw the pooch in the middle of a wide open well lit room.

Pure comedy gold BLS....    :rofl:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 10:47:39 AM by AuburnChopper1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BLS

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2008, 12:11:20 PM »
Typical Bammer post here.  A long winded response, to rebutt a bullet statement, that's full of blind predictions, vague explanations of what could have been, and a recap of all the woulda coulda shoulda moments from a season ago.  If it wasn't a blowout, generally EVERY TEAM had those "if we had just done that", or "if we hadn't done this" moments. 

Bammer has to prove SOMETHING first.  In other words, you have to show you can win with ANY of your players, because frankly you don't have, what the Bear would call, "a winner" anywhere yet.   

To say that Auburn and Alabama is on the same playing field right now is absolute delusion and crap.  Seriously, beyond your own hopes and dreams, there is NOTHING that can be compared between the two.   We're full of proven, experienced and winning players, while you have a roster full of "who knows?".

I've appreciated your usually level headedness in here, but every once in a while you take a major squat, then screw the pooch in the middle of a wide open well lit room.

Pure comedy gold BLS....    :rofl:

Well your superior complex and intellectual intelligence that is vastly superior to most is something I'm sure no one will mistake.
Does it matter that it's long winded? I didn't know this was the condensed version of this board. Hmm, thanks for that.
I thought this thread was The SEC Breakdown. Meaning it could be some predictions or maybe by some strange coincidence, ''opinion''.  :jaw:

How many times have I said we were full of winners and we have '' what Bear would call winners''? Huh? For that matter how many times have AU fans brought up the Bear and accuse Bama fans of doing it? I hear it more on AU boards than any, any Bama site I visit. I don't live in the past, I might reference it but damn sure don't live in it. I'm also proud of it.

Read again, here is what I said.

''I'm not a Kool-Aid drinking bammer that thinks we will win regardless. I feel like this year the way things happened on the coaching staffs with you guys, Ark, and Miles' situation with RP that it will allow us a little better chance to be more competitive in the west''

If you think AU having two different coordinators and a complete change in offensive philosophy doesn't create a slight advantage for us to be more competitive and take a little slack off of our lack of depth then your not as smart as you appear to think you are, however it doesn't diminish your sarcastic prick nature. For a moment I though I was back on another board full of non substantial back biting drivel that is incapable of having any type of conversation about football.
You want to insult one another; I’m game dick head. You don't like my opinion?  I’m good with that.

I understand your nature to dismiss anything Bama. It's what I expect from a homer.
Hang in there sparky things will be changing in the near future. They've already begun.

Oh yea, if you want the condensed ''bullet statement''

:fu:

« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 12:13:43 PM by BLS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2008, 12:27:21 PM »

Well your superior complex and intellectual intelligence that is vastly superior to most is something I'm sure no one will mistake.
Does it matter that it's long winded? I didn't know this was the condensed version of this board. Hmm, thanks for that.
I thought this thread was The SEC Breakdown. Meaning it could be some predictions or maybe by some strange coincidence, ''opinion''.  :jaw:

How many times have I said we were full of winners and we have '' what Bear would call winners''? Huh? For that matter how many times have AU fans brought up the Bear and accuse Bama fans of doing it? I hear it more on AU boards than any, any Bama site I visit. I don't live in the past, I might reference it but damn sure don't live in it. I'm also proud of it.

''I'm not a Kool-Aid drinking bammer that thinks we will win regardless. I feel like this year the way things happened on the coaching staffs with you guys, Ark, and Miles' situation with RP that it will allow us a little better chance to be more competitive in the west''

If you think AU having two different coordinators and a complete change in offensive philosophy doesn't create a slight advantage for us to be more competitive and take a little slack off of our lack of depth then your not as smart as you appear to think you are, however it doesn't diminish your sarcastic prick nature. For a moment I though I was back on another board full of non substantial back biting drivel that is incapable of having any type of conversation about football.
You want to insult one another; I’m game dick head. You don't like my opinion?  I’m good with that.

I understand your nature to dismiss anything Bama. It's what I expect from a homer.
Hang in there sparky things will be changing in the near future. They've already begun.

That is by far my favorite Emoticon.  Back to the conversation at hand, I see it as a three way race in the SEC West.  LSU and Auburn are ahead of Bama, but Bama has a good chance considering they have one of the few returning QB's in the league.  Arkansas has a chance, but I don't think it is that great for some reason.  I feel that they will pull their usual and knock off a couple of unsuspecting teams.  (Which is usually Auburn...fuckers).  I think this season the SEC West will be more balanced/equal then any season for the past 3 years.  Whoever goes to the Championship game from the West will have at least two conference losses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2008, 12:42:37 PM »
Hey AWK, can I have some of that shit your smokin?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2008, 12:51:19 PM »

First of all, now that you've blown up into a tirade I haven't seen since BG getting pushed over the edge once or twice, let me make something clear.

You're not going to persuade me to not be who I am, or break down what you've said because you'd like it to be more civil, or because your panties are so far up your ass you can't see through the crimson weave pattern.

My post pointed out exactly what it was, and you coming and pulling quotes from other posts doesn't change the fact that you said the following, and I'm paraphrasing:

"Auburn is on the same level as Alabama"

There is NO rhyme or reason, facts, or opinions that I would take as correct.   I do it with color.  I do it with angst, and I do it for yes, a hatred for Crimson blathering that is always present when it isn't warranted. 

You have at least another year of proving ANYTHING before you put Auburn on the same level.  All the other crap you speak about not being "a koolaid drinking bammer" and all the other mumbo jumbo slides out the windo when you compare our programs right now.

You can have yoru opinion, hold your finger high, say fuck you, call me a prick, do whatever, but just ignore me if you can't handle it. 

The bottom line is BLS, your opinion or not, it's MY opinion, that you haven't proven a freaking thing on the field, in discipline, in coaching and necessarily YETTTTT at recruiting.  You haven't got a single kid on the field of play yet.   You have NO facts to base ANY opinion on.

Think about it for two seconds.  You completely discount Arkansas, that has rebuilding to do, but instead of comparing yourselves to a very capable school in Fayettville, you immediately (because you're a bammer) start talking about why you deserve somehow to be mentioned in the same breath as teams that have either won championships, won 9-10 games a year, or beaten you 6 times in a row.  You can't.  You're just simply not there yet.

So, again, I call you the blowhard bammer you are.  Take it or leave it, I really don't care.   Ask anyone around here if it's EVER mattered before.

Please, please for all that is holy, back up for just ONCE, something one of your incoming freshmen have done ON THE FIELD that tells me Alabama should be a contender THIS YEAR.

The floor is yours.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2008, 12:59:44 PM »
Hey AWK, can I have some of that shit your smokin?
Please, sir, explain to me how that opinion/analysis was in any way ridiculous? Oh master of contributing nothing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BLS

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2008, 01:44:20 PM »

Paraphrasing? You mean putting words in my mouth. Don't twist what I said. You are correct though, I'm trying to be more civil first. I'm making sure that I attempt to do that. I certainly do not want that to be an issue. You want that out the window then have it your way.
You’re choosing not to take everything I said and ''paraphrasing'' comments to make you seem cute.
What the fuck are you talking about? Persuade you to changing who you are? I highly doubt a person of your intellegence would allow that to happen.
Speaking of panties, have you checked yours lately? They are quite the AU colors and they're riding high. Funny how that is a one way street there. What response do you expect when you come off like that? You don't want ''unwarranted crimson blathering''? Don't read then. It's that simple. Problem solved. You know your advice works both ways. Ignore me if you don't like my opinion. You want to get cute with smart assed comments expect to get some in return. Why you so surprised by recieving what you gave out man? Remember you responded to my opinion first off with your back handed insult.

I get it, you don't like Bama, Good fucking deal. I'm proud of you. Nothing new here.
Preach on brother. Keep up the good fight.  :taunt:

The nice thing about my opinion is that I don't need anything from you or what you believe I need to have one. Its validity is as credible as yours in the eyes that matter, mine.

As far as Ark. keep reading. Damn man, I explained why I feel the way I do about them. It 's the same reason I think AU's situation gives us a little edge. You didn't comment on that though.
Man, get with it here. Where did I say we are right with you? Don't pull that bullshit ''paraphrasing'' comment out either.

Our incoming freshmen are just that, freshmen. I expect some to contribute and have freshmen success and mistakes. Just like all freshmen that play. Some do very well, some don't. I certainly am not making the argument that that is why we are going to have a little bit of an advantage in the west earlier than I had thought.
I'll do this again, just for you.
Your situation with coordinators along with the complete change in offensive philosophy will help even out our lack of depth.
Where did you get freshmen from?? Is that another ‘‘paraphrase’’?

Don't be a dick and then holler about someone being a dick.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2008, 01:47:33 PM »
Please, sir, explain to me how that opinion/analysis was in any way ridiculous? Oh master of contributing nothing.

I think that we will be the winner of the west.  So therefore, who are two conference losses?  I am seeing one against UGA, but the rest of the conference games, I feel that we should have the advantage, and won't have any other conference losses.  The reason that I am confident about the LSU game is because it's at home, and early in the year.  I have always based my  opinion of the AU/LSU game on what time of year we play them, so that would still be true even if Perriloux was still there.

Now I will go back to quick hitters, and being the "master of contributing nothing".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2008, 02:47:53 PM »
ssg, go contribute some more pics of scantily clad women.  Yes, yes, we will win the West....6 months from now or whatever.  It's not football season.  I want near naked women.  Now, get on that and earn your keep around here.  AWK, if you have some shit to smoke, you've been holding out on me.  Now damnit, quit bogartin' the doobage and hook a brother up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2008, 03:13:52 PM »
BLS, you can't hide your "gridiron" past bud.   I applaud you wanting to stay civil, but while I was doing nothing different that what I've always done to bammer posters that cross the line into delusion here, you came unglued.  Fine, you've reeled it back in.  You and I have gone back and forth many times on AUN, so this is NOT something new for you.

Now, with that said...

You think Alabama can win the West.  You think it IS possible.  I agree.   It also think it is possible that a Saban might actually be recruiting from the top of the Apollo rocket at Huntsville's space museum.   In another words, it's all fine and dandy to be "possible".  What Bama fans don't get, is that you've been rocked with poor coaching, recruiting, execution on the field and off the field now for years.  You do not, nor can you come back from that in one or two years.  You had a clean slate to offer top notch talent to come in and get immediate playing time.  Any program in Division 1A football that has a clean slate to offer, will do well in recruiting.  Problem is, it takes more than 20 "maybes" to be great.   

Arkansas is rebuilding and has just as much a shot as Bammer.   In my opinion, because of continuity, Miss St. has a better shot than Bama.   Ole Miss has a shot I believe, just because of what I've seen out of Houston Nutt in the past.    I do NOT see Alabama in any better position than these bottom West side teams.   You might disagree, I expect that, but it IS you that's lost to Miss St. TWICE in a row, and got beat by LA Monroe.

We know it's only your opinion that you feel that Bama will compete for the title, because frankly what else could it be??  It certainly isn't based on fact or reason.  It isn't based on past performance.  There's also no documented history to back you up, so you're left with ONLY your obvious opinion.

What I CAN say as MY opinion based on documented FACT, is that Auburn and LSU, are by far and away the class of the West.   We have proven, experienced players.  Proven coaching, regardless of new coordinators, and a record of beating Alabama like a red headed step child for 6 years straight.  That's FACT.   It's not something I'm making up because it makes me feel better, unlike any Bammer who is campaigning here to get people to agree with them.

So, whether it's civil, colorful, cussing, flipping off emoticons or whatever, it doesn't change the fact, that you can poo-poo all the opinions you want, it is NOT and can not be backed up by ANYTHING.   ....and THAT has to suck.

So....    :fu:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2008, 03:28:34 PM »
I think that we will be the winner of the west.  So therefore, who are two conference losses?  I am seeing one against UGA, but the rest of the conference games, I feel that we should have the advantage, and won't have any other conference losses.  The reason that I am confident about the LSU game is because it's at home, and early in the year.  I have always based my  opinion of the AU/LSU game on what time of year we play them, so that would still be true even if Perriloux was still there.

Now I will go back to quick hitters, and being the "master of contributing nothing".
See, I agree with the UGA loss.  I also think there is always a chance that we might lose to Arkansas or Alabama.  I would love to have only one SEC loss.   Oh yeah, here you go SSG, puff puff then pass it to Harvey so he will stop bothering me. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions