Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn running the Green Bay Packer's sweep

JR4AU

Re: Auburn running the Green Bay Packer's sweep
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2011, 03:03:48 PM »
The guy mentions that in the article, but he also says the Packer's version is a variation of the Wing T play.

Well, I guess you could call it a variation.  But they're different in a lot of ways.  They're blocked differently.  The Wing T Buck Sweep has a misdirection element to it, and the Green Bay Sweep does not.  Both are great football plays. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2011, 03:51:15 PM »
BTW, Smartfootball.com is informative. 

If you like the Xs and Os, this is pretty cool too...

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmtVeqMt6dc[/embed]

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBPhz_en4aM&feature=related[/embed]
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2011, 11:24:16 AM »
We run the buck sweep and the most important part is to not widen it out. Stick your foot in the ground and get vertical behind the blocks. Dyer does it at the 2 second mark.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

JR4AU

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2011, 11:50:30 AM »
We run the buck sweep and the most important part is to not widen it out. Stick your foot in the ground and get vertical behind the blocks. Dyer does it at the 2 second mark.

Yep. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2011, 12:00:04 PM »
We could add the WR seal block on the OLB was crucial but we knew that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

JR4AU

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2011, 12:10:07 PM »
We could add the WR seal block on the OLB was crucial but we knew that.

We are going to get a heavy dose of Buck Sweep Fri. night.  Straight up Delaware style.  They run it about 20 times a game.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2011, 11:01:55 AM »
We are going to get a heavy dose of Buck Sweep Fri. night.  Straight up Delaware style.  They run it about 20 times a game.   

Who will run it and and against whom?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2011, 11:09:24 AM »
Who will run it and and against whom?

Tuscaloosa Academy runs it, and will this week vs Restoration Academy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2011, 11:20:44 AM »
Line up in a 4I and slant to the motion. Make sure your LBs read through the OGs and fill the lanes. If they fill before the blocks start you got it stopped. We have also had people run their OLB down the line to try and stop us. That works if you can fill the lanes and slow up the RB. Also if that DE lines up in a 7 then moves to a 9 on the motion it will screw up their blocking assignments. Chances are they use gap, down, backer and that will move the DE from a guy the TE will block with the tack to a guy the wing and TE muct block. I like that double team better than a tack/TE double team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2011, 11:26:38 AM »
Line up in a 4I and slant to the motion. Make sure your LBs read through the OGs and fill the lanes. If they fill before the blocks start you got it stopped. We have also had people run their OLB down the line to try and stop us. That works if you can fill the lanes and slow up the RB. Also if that DE lines up in a 7 then moves to a 9 on the motion it will screw up their blocking assignments. Chances are they use gap, down, backer and that will move the DE from a guy the TE will block with the tack to a guy the wing and TE muct block. I like that double team better than a tack/TE double team.

I'm not the DC, but you describe what we do.  33 stack (53 vs this offense) and we slant and blitz every down. Our spurs are in 9s, and our DEs are in 4s.  DC will do more blitzing and moving around this week based on the very things you said.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 11:28:45 AM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2011, 11:32:58 AM »
It's easier to just get them ejected from the game. 

Let me know if you need tips. 

I was a master of doing this against fuckers I couldn't block.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."