Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Ncaa violations for Alabama?????

JR4AU

Re: Ncaa violations for Alabama?????
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2011, 08:46:27 AM »
Well, since it's that black and white, I have an easy solution. Business owners who are Alabama fans should purchase some items signed by current AU players (which are readily available for purchase on teh intrawebs) and display said items in their businesses. They should also create whatever graphics they can of those players with the business' logo and put them on their business' Facebook page.

While we're at it, we need to start scouring Facebook to find any business page that has any picture of any current AU player on it. I'll get the number for the NCAA from Prowler so I can report all of the businesses I have noticed that put up "WAR CAM EAGLE" on their signs after the SECCG, plus all of the businesses that have things signed by current AU players displayed to the public (such as a team signed NC helmet). Oh, and we will need to report the websites displaying signed items for sale as well. If they're using a picture of the signed item, they're advertising that signed item to promote their business and sell the item.

RWS, despite some Prowlie and Chop bullshit from time to time, it seems clear that this was an issue for the bammer compliance dept.  Not sure why you can't see that. 

Your second paragraph, though tongue in cheek by you, illustrates the thinking of a large portion of your fan-base.  "Let's see if we can get Auburn hamstrung by the NCAA because we don't want to compete with them on the field at full strength."   Buncha fucking entitled idiot fuck sticks that would rather be awarded a NC by default because the NCAA shut down the rest of the SEC than have to compete for it.

It's so gawddamned funny to hear a bunch of inbred morons talk on the radio and message boards about how "irrelevant" Auburn is, and how we normally suck despite the fact that we lead bammer in almost every category of wins and losses the last 30 years, we're the reigning BCS champion, have the reigning Heisman winner, plus 2 more than bammer, have made a habit of beating bammer, the self proclaimed king of college football, who is constantly having to scream "they cheated" every time we accomplish something on the field.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2011, 08:52:56 AM »
You're a dumbass.... and miss the point.
No, you said it yourself. It's cut and dried. The situations I listed are exact instances of what you described.

Also, it's pretty clear that Alabama sent a letter telling them to stop it, which they didn't.  Alabama knew it was a problem.  Why don't you, RWS?
I agree that there is/was a problem. To what extent, I don't know. I'm not the NCAA. However, I really don't think there will be anything that happens with this. If anything, NCAA will definitely have issues with him on the licensing front.

The other issue with this, is that Alabama knew it was a "potential" violation at minimum, yet did no follow up evidently, and still never reported it to the NCAA or SEC.  That's playing with fire when you're a program in it's 17th year of probation.
Generally, you would need to report something when you believe the situation might affect the eligibility of a player. Not sending the cease and desist might have warranted them reporting it. I do agree though, that they probably should have reported it regardless.

**Quick note on your "War Cam Eagle" retort...  The AU Compliance department DID send out letters telling them to stop.  Which they did.  I don't remember seeing any Auburn Athletics affiliated or business they had contracts with distributing, or promoting their business' with said shirts afterwards.  I'm also pretty sure they didn't ask Cam to autograph them to put in their store windows while thumbing their noses at their partner universities compliance department either.
I haven't seen a copy of said letter. And there were a few businesses down here that were doing it as well. It doesn't matter whether they asked the players or not whether they could display signed items or not. You said it yourself. Cut and dried. A business can't use a current player's name or image to promote a business. So, any website selling an item signed by a current player that is displaying an image of that item on their site would fit that model as well, correct?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2011, 08:57:57 AM »
RWS, despite some Prowlie and Chop bullshit from time to time, it seems clear that this was an issue for the bammer compliance dept.  Not sure why you can't see that. 
I agree that it is an issue that the NCAA needs to at least take a look at. I'm all about that. Like I've said before, if Alabama is doing something wrong, I want it noted and stopped. If they are in the clear, I would like to know that as well.

Your second paragraph, though tongue in cheek by you, illustrates the thinking of a large portion of your fan-base.  "Let's see if we can get Auburn hamstrung by the NCAA because we don't want to compete with them on the field at full strength."   Buncha fucking entitled idiot fuck sticks that would rather be awarded a NC by default because the NCAA shut down the rest of the SEC than have to compete for it.
Agreed. However, the AU fanbase has some folks who feel the same way towards Alabama. I do admit that I see it much more from our fans than AU fans, though. Personally, I'm tired of the back and forth bullshit. It's ridiculous. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

JR4AU

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2011, 09:08:25 AM »
I agree that it is an issue that the NCAA needs to at least take a look at. I'm all about that. Like I've said before, if Alabama is doing something wrong, I want it noted and stopped. If they are in the clear, I would like to know that as well.

Agreed. However, the AU fanbase has some folks who feel the same way towards Alabama. I do admit that I see it much more from our fans than AU fans, though. Personally, I'm tired of the back and forth bullshit. It's ridiculous.

It is ridiculous.  And it's about 10:1 bammers vs AU fans.  This BCS title, and Cam have so threatened a large portion of your fan base, it's literally driven them insane.  "They cheated" is the mantra of losers.  And if the bammers like that can't have the title taken away, they'll at least pollute the airwaves and internet with bullshit on a daily basis to make sure the rest of the nation that believes in rumors will think we cheated to get it. Fact is, I deal with bammers on a daily basis face to face.  Not one motherfucking time has one had the nuts to walk in my office and talk about Auburn cheating, "Scam Newton", or anything of the sort.  The majority are complimentary, fake though it may be, of Auburn and Cam.   The net, and talk radio gives a voice to a segment of society that NOBODY pays a fucking bit of attention to when they're face to face with them, precisely because they're obviously such fucking morons.  Bammer's fan base is littered with these cretins in far greater numbers than ANY OTHER fan base, and just like Paul Finebaum, the "average joe bama fan" sits idle while these fucking moron embarrass the program, and the state.  In other words, they condone it by inaction.  Same as the folks that wouldn't have poisoned the trees themselves, but freely admit they think it's funny that Updyke did it.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2011, 09:09:11 AM »
No, you said it yourself. It's cut and dried. The situations I listed are exact instances of what you described.
I agree that there is/was a problem. To what extent, I don't know. I'm not the NCAA. However, I really don't think there will be anything that happens with this. If anything, NCAA will definitely have issues with him on the licensing front.
Generally, you would need to report something when you believe the situation might affect the eligibility of a player. Not sending the cease and desist might have warranted them reporting it. I do agree though, that they probably should have reported it regardless.
I haven't seen a copy of said letter. And there were a few businesses down here that were doing it as well. It doesn't matter whether they asked the players or not whether they could display signed items or not. You said it yourself. Cut and dried. A business can't use a current player's name or image to promote a business. So, any website selling an item signed by a current player that is displaying an image of that item on their site would fit that model as well, correct?

I fed the troll... My bad.

You're still a dumbass... and still don't get it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2011, 09:12:40 AM »
It is ridiculous.  And it's about 10:1 bammers vs AU fans.  This BCS title, and Cam have so threatened a large portion of your fan base, it's literally driven them insane.  "They cheated" is the mantra of losers.  And if the bammers like that can't have the title taken away, they'll at least pollute the airwaves and internet with bullshit on a daily basis to make sure the rest of the nation that believes in rumors will think we cheated to get it. Fact is, I deal with bammers on a daily basis face to face.  Not one motherfucking time has one had the nuts to walk in my office and talk about Auburn cheating, "Scam Newton", or anything of the sort.  The majority are complimentary, fake though it may be, of Auburn and Cam.   The net, and talk radio gives a voice to a segment of society that NOBODY pays a fucking bit of attention to when they're face to face with them, precisely because they're obviously such fucking morons.  Bammer's fan base is littered with these cretins in far greater numbers than ANY OTHER fan base, and just like Paul Finebaum, the "average joe bama fan" sits idle while these fucking moron embarrass the program, and the state.  In other words, they condone it by inaction.  Same as the folks that wouldn't have poisoned the trees themselves, but freely admit they think it's funny that Updyke did it.     

I think where RWS's disconnect is happening here may be in the relationship with T-Town Menswear and the Alabama Athletic Department.  There is an obvious relationship that is 100% legit.  Problem is, he's a booster by definition because of that connection, and he's been busted (clearly and admittedly) selling player's memorabilia.  He was asked to stop in December of 2010.  In January of 2011, there are pictures of signed jerseys STILL in his store front window.  Something Alabama clearly asked him not to do.

I'm not sure how this can be considered confusing to anyone other than those trying to strangle it down with spin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2011, 09:16:03 AM »
What's going to be an issue as well, are the pictures out now with Tom Al-Betar hosting Trent Richardson to dinner at a hibachi restaurant before the 2010 season. 
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 09:24:39 AM by AuburnChopper »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2011, 09:36:01 AM »
Hilarious how the consensus on the radio, etc. is this "Guys, we've gone too far now. This rivalry's gotten out of control. Neither team is going to stop until the other is obliterated".

REALLY?!?

Fuck you.

Literally 10 months of desperate attempts to connect dots that aren't there. THS mentioned a good list of every wacky conspiracy theory they tried to nail Cam with, right up to our own "mensweargate". I LOVE the irony that that particular "investigation" is what backfired on them bigtime. About as sweet as the rivalry that Bama, including RWS in this thread, is pulling the "the player didn't know" card.

A constant stream of relentless attacks, PRAYING that Auburn's 2011 season will "not count", so their pain can be erased. And now, ONE allegation is levied, by an outsider from Tennessee, Clay Travis, and it's "Can't we all just get along?"

Well guess what, assholes, we may actually get to see that vacated championship you've been praying to Bear for afterall. Unfortunately for you, it will be from the year before.

You push for 10 months, and even our timid fanbase will finally fucking push back. And it was a haymaker. Or should be, if the media didn't desperately shuffle to cover up all things Alabama. Photographic, indisputable evidence is right there in front of your face. This shit is not based on unsubstantiated rumor or innuendo. Add to that the fact that you've been "staring down the barrel of the NCAA's gun" for 17 years, and it's a very real possibility they make you vacate wins from every year this shit was going on.

Objectively, this is worse than the Ohio State thing. The cover-up is there. This guy is clearly a booster. He absolutely was using these kids' names and likenesses to promote his business. Evidence exists that he was taking these kids out to dinner. Price tags on the merchandise being sold. The same items up for sale on another website, with its own "Alabama Crimson Tide" section, that has since been deleted. Paul Finebaum things he can augment reality, but even he can't cover this up eventually.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 09:40:50 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2011, 09:39:11 AM »
What's going to be an issue as well, are the pictures out now with Tom Al-Betar hosting Trent Richardson to dinner at a hibachi restaurant before the 2010 season. 

The only issue there is if he paid for his own meal or not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2011, 09:44:32 AM »
And what do you think. Seriously.

You think he paid for his own meal?

Why would this kid go out to dinner with the fucking 50something year old dude that owns the menswear store he was conveyer belting autographs for?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2011, 09:44:40 AM »
If they are in the clear, I would like to know that as well.

Chizik's demand of the NCAA rep isn't so ridiculous?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2011, 09:47:24 AM »

You hope.

This is a stinky fish, RWS.  What stinks even more is that Alabama's compliance didn't want to get the SEC or NCAA involved. 

You're correct that these pictures are by no means incriminating.  At most, secondary violations have been revealed through Mr. Albetar's incessant bragging of his relationship with Alabama football players.

But even you have to admit that Ole Tom's Wardrobe seems like a business snake who does just about anything to see sales go up.  He's not exactly the character you want the NCAA to investigate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2011, 09:48:29 AM »
Paul Finebaum is so fucking obtuse, it's enraging.

He never seems to be able to "understand" any negative story about Alabama. He acts like the Clay Travis thing was written in brail. It just "makes absolutely no sense" to him.

He seems to be the only one with those comprehension issues.

He snarkly mentioned that Clay Travis was trying to "Pimp, oh excuse me, Promote" his new site and "No one in the national media has any idea who Clay Travis is". And all this is not even a "blip on the radar". "This was all generated on Auburn message boards."

As if all the Cam shit didn't originate on the scores of bama message boards, or more accurately "anti-Auburn" message boards.

Even if true, IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER where this shit originates, if there's clear photographic evidence that was posted on the culprit's fucking facebook page.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2011, 09:51:23 AM »
Hilarious how the consensus on the radio, etc. is this "Guys, we've gone too far now. This rivalry's gotten out of control. Neither team is going to stop until the other is obliterated".
Oh, that's been a long time coming. Each fanbase has those like you, Prowler, and Kaos. Our fanbase is admittedly much more disproportionate, though. They can't stand to see a victory for the other side. They make real life decisions based on a football rivalry. They don't want things to be even. They want the other side wiped off of the face of the planet. Etc, etc. Those type of people on each side will cause this shit to keep going, whether real or imagined. Each side will up the ante every time.

Will this cause vacation of wins? I highly, HIGHLY doubt it. But really, I think your words are more rhetoric than anything. It's tit-for-tat. The purpose is to get back at those who made up things about Cam, and continue to perpetuate those imagined things as if they are truth. If you really do believe the things you said will happen, then more power to you. That's your opinion. As for me, I'll be happy to wait to see what a neutral party (i.e. the NCAA) says will happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2011, 09:55:43 AM »
So UA didn't actually know that this dude was using UA and the football team for promotion huh???

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2011, 09:56:48 AM »
You hope.

This is a stinky fish, RWS.  What stinks even more is that Alabama's compliance didn't want to get the SEC or NCAA involved. 

You're correct that these pictures are by no means incriminating.  At most, secondary violations have been revealed through Mr. Albetar's incessant bragging of his relationship with Alabama football players.

But even you have to admit that Ole Tom's Wardrobe seems like a business snake who does just about anything to see sales go up.  He's not exactly the character you want the NCAA to investigate.
There were some things about the Cam Newton scandal that, on face value, were stinky as well to the casual message board reader. Fortunately, the NCAA decides what is true and what isn't, and not rival fans on message boards. Otherwise, we would both be looking for a different team to cheer for.

My personal opinion? I wish the university would tell players to stay outside of a 10 mile radius from his store. Whether something illegal is happening or not, his actions certainly draw attention.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2011, 09:57:45 AM »

Actually I would like to know the connection with the cops.  Da po-po seem to show up in a lot of pictures.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

RWS

« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2011, 10:01:07 AM »
So UA didn't actually know that this dude was using UA and the football team for promotion huh???
I think we have already established that players regularly sign autographs at the mall in front of his store. I don't think anybody has said "Nobody from UA even knows who this guy or this company is".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2011, 10:08:49 AM »
Actually I would like to know the connection with the cops.  Da po-po seem to show up in a lot of pictures.

Keep it down home cuz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2011, 10:10:59 AM »
Oh, that's been a long time coming. Each fanbase has those like you, Prowler, and Kaos. Our fanbase is admittedly much more disproportionate, though. They can't stand to see a victory for the other side. They make real life decisions based on a football rivalry. They don't want things to be even. They want the other side wiped off of the face of the planet. Etc, etc. Those type of people on each side will cause this shit to keep going, whether real or imagined. Each side will up the ante every time.

Will this cause vacation of wins? I highly, HIGHLY doubt it. But really, I think your words are more rhetoric than anything. It's tit-for-tat. The purpose is to get back at those who made up things about Cam, and continue to perpetuate those imagined things as if they are truth. If you really do believe the things you said will happen, then more power to you. That's your opinion. As for me, I'll be happy to wait to see what a neutral party (i.e. the NCAA) says will happen.

10 months of digging for Cam Newton and wild assed speculation isn't too far. 24 hours of photographic evidence to criminalize T-Town's Menswear is suddenly too far. Starting NOW, it's too far.

And by the way?

Each fanbase has those like you, Prowler, and Kaos.

Fuck you.

I would say it was RWS, but we all know he doesn't know where Tuscaloosa is.

These are the guys on Saban's payroll who put an end to arrests on The Strip.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions