Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Ncaa violations for Alabama?????

Re: Ncaa violations for Alabama?????
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2011, 10:13:08 AM »
Paul Finebaum is so fucking obtuse, it's enraging.

He never seems to be able to "understand" any negative story about Alabama. He acts like the Clay Travis thing was written in brail. It just "makes absolutely no sense" to him.

He seems to be the only one with those comprehension issues.

He snarkly mentioned that Clay Travis was trying to "Pimp, oh excuse me, Promote" his new site and "No one in the national media has any idea who Clay Travis is". And all this is not even a "blip on the radar". "This was all generated on Auburn message boards."

As if all the Cam shit didn't originate on the scores of bama message boards, or more accurately "anti-Auburn" message boards.

Even if true, IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER where this shit originates, if there's clear photographic evidence that was posted on the culprit's fucking facebook page.

About Clay Travis...

It's funny that Finebaum gave him (along with Sheridan) free reign on the first day of SEC Media Days.  Had him on to pontificate on all things that could, probably could and might happen if and whatever for about an hour.  Now?  Just a dude "pimping" his site.

Fuck that guy.  Amazing. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2011, 10:16:29 AM »
And what do you think. Seriously.

You think he paid for his own meal?

Why would this kid go out to dinner with the fucking 50something year old dude that owns the menswear store he was conveyer belting autographs for?

The fact he's even out WITH the known booster is an issue worth looking at.  He's sandwiched between Al-Betar and his son that's in several photos as well from the store (closest to camera).

I'm sure the Alabama Compliance office could clear this in about .05 seconds compared to the much heftier things they've investigated in record time this year so far.  Right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2011, 10:18:00 AM »
About Clay Travis...

It's funny that Finebaum gave him (along with Sheridan) free reign on the first day of SEC Media Days.  Had him on to pontificate on all things that could, probably could and might happen if and whatever for about an hour.  Now?  Just a dude "pimping" his site.

Fuck that guy.  Amazing.

He had Sheridan on to drop his lie, uh bomb, so that all the questions the next day for Chizik were about the NCAA and "the ongoing investigation", not football, and thus allowing Finebaum to giggle about how nobody wants to know anything football related from the reigning national champions, only about the NCAA with all his idiotic callers. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2011, 10:19:26 AM »
About Clay Travis...

Fuck that guy.  Amazing.
Yes. He spent all of Media Days talking about how credible a source Danny fucking Sheridan, a Vegas oddsmaker is.

Clay Travis kicking off his website with an anti-Cam story was maybe the best thing for this story. Every bammer on twitter, and Finebaum himself thought this site was great 24 hours earlier.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2011, 10:28:28 AM »
Seeing tweets about JOX playing a radio ad from 2010 referring to a "memorabilia expo in front of T-Town Menswear".  Umm... So, these players going to sign all these multiple jerseys, helmets and things didn't know they were signing items that were helping a booster promote his business?  MMkay...   

Not good.  :popcorn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2011, 10:34:50 AM »
Seeing tweets about JOX playing a radio ad from 2010 referring to a "memorabilia expo in front of T-Town Menswear".  Umm... So, these players going to sign all these multiple jerseys, helmets and things didn't know they were signing items that were helping a booster promote his business?  MMkay...   

I've never liked this "get the other program in a pickle with the NCAA" but I would fucking laugh my ass off if they had to vacate their 2009 title.  You think Auburn winning it sent them in to a tizzy...they'd fucking come unglued if that happened. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2011, 10:36:01 AM »
I've never liked this "get the other program in a pickle with the NCAA" but I would fucking laugh my ass off if they had to vacate their 2009 title.  You think Auburn winning it sent them in to a tizzy...they'd fucking come unglued if that happened.

Not a booster...in the box... about to get a kiss perhaps from a Bammuh legend... Right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2011, 10:39:54 AM »
Guess what Facebook page has been taken down from the interwebs today? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2011, 10:48:31 AM »

Like I said earlier, when you advertise an autograph signing, how are you supposed to advertise it? "On one day this month, some players from some team will be signing autographs somewhere in the United States......if you can find it, come see who is signing things!" At what point is it an advertisement for the autograph signing itself, or an advertisement for the business? Can a company (or companies) that organized it put their name along with it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2011, 10:52:12 AM »
Like I said earlier, when you advertise an autograph signing, how are you supposed to advertise it? "On one day this month, some players from some team will be signing autographs somewhere in the United States......if you can find it, come see who is signing things!" At what point is it an advertisement for the autograph signing itself, or an advertisement for the business? Can a company (or companies) that organized it put their name along with it?

You're a dumb ass...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2011, 10:57:25 AM »

If this was Auburn players, and an Auburn booster...Finebaum would be running it in the ground for 2 weeks, callers talking about a new investigation, "Awbren's a cheatin' paaaawwwl".  Since it's bammers, he doesn't understand it, and it gets little play.   I say call the NCAA and bombard their email with this shit! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2011, 10:57:31 AM »
Not a booster...in the box... about to get a kiss perhaps from a Bammuh legend... Right?

It doesn't matter whether he is an Alabama booster or not. The biggest thing you have to look out for as far as boosters go, is their relationship with a prospective student athlete. Once they are a student athlete, you can pretty much hang out with them every day if you wanted to. Go to dinner with them anytime you wanted to. Go on vacation with them if you wanted to. A booster simply cannot provide a current student athlete with gifts, money, transportation, or entertainment. Of course, if you went on vacation with a booster, of course that would be pretty suspicious. However, if you provided every receipt to where you paid for your part of the trip, the NCAA wouldn't give a shit. There is no rule saying TR can't eat some hibachi with dumbfuck booster. TR just has to pay his own way.

I don't think anybody has denied that this guy knows Alabama football, and Alabama football knows of him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2011, 10:59:09 AM »

Good lord.  Seriously?  Tom Al-Betar's business is advertising a memorabilia expo in front of his store involving signed items from players, that are normally displayed prominantly in his store windows.  Are you seriously trying to argue that he's successfully separating his business from an autograph signing....at his business?  You're trying to argue that he has no interest in promoting T-Town Menswear?  If that's the case, RWS, why did he pick "in front of his store".  Why not have it at your house?  Why not in a different spot in the same mall?  Why not at Bryant-Denny?     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2011, 11:00:20 AM »
It doesn't matter whether he is an Alabama booster or not. The biggest thing you have to look out for as far as boosters go, is their relationship with a prospective student athlete. Once they are a student athlete, you can pretty much hang out with them every day if you wanted to. Go to dinner with them anytime you wanted to. Go on vacation with them if you wanted to. A booster simply cannot provide a current student athlete with gifts, money, transportation, or entertainment. Of course, if you went on vacation with a booster, of course that would be pretty suspicious. However, if you provided every receipt to where you paid for your part of the trip, the NCAA wouldn't give a shit. There is no rule saying TR can't eat some hibachi with dumbfuck booster. TR just has to pay his own way.

I don't think anybody has denied that this guy knows Alabama football, and Alabama football knows of him.

Lollerskates.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2011, 11:07:06 AM »
Lollerskates.
Show me where I'm wrong. I will gladly be mistaken if I'm incorrect.

http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/D110.pdf
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2011, 11:09:39 AM »
Once they are a student athlete, you can pretty much hang out with them every day if you wanted to. Go to dinner with them anytime you wanted to. Go on vacation with them if you wanted to. A booster simply cannot provide a current student athlete with gifts, money, transportation, or entertainment. Of course, if you went on vacation with a booster, of course that would be pretty suspicious. However, if you provided every receipt to where you paid for your part of the trip, the NCAA wouldn't give a shit. There is no rule saying TR can't eat some hibachi with dumbfuck booster. TR just has to pay his own way.

I've said it before.

There are only three valid reasons a 50 something year old white guy would be hanging out with a 20 something year old football player.

1) He's buying drugs from the football player
2) He's paying the guy to play football
3) Gay Sex
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2011, 11:11:21 AM »
Good lord.  Seriously?  Tom Al-Betar's business is advertising a memorabilia expo in front of his store involving signed items from players, that are normally displayed prominantly in his store windows.  Are you seriously trying to argue that he's successfully separating his business from an autograph signing....at his business?  You're trying to argue that he has no interest in promoting T-Town Menswear?  If that's the case, RWS, why did he pick "in front of his store".  Why not have it at your house?  Why not in a different spot in the same mall?  Why not at Bryant-Denny?   
Ok, so how do you suggest an autograph signing by football players be advertised? No matter where the location is, you have to mention the location. As far as rules go, I don't think there is anything regulating whether or not it can be in front of a particular business or not. If you hold it in front of Payless Shoes, then is Payless Shoes using them as advertisement and promotion for their business? Since it is inside the mall, then is the mall itself considered promoting it's own business? I mean, where does it end?

I'm sure he wants to promote his business. Who doesn't? I think everything will come down to interpretation by the NCAA.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2011, 11:19:39 AM »

And last, but not least...

« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 11:22:18 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2011, 11:23:08 AM »

And last, but not least...

All of those players have already played their last game of their college eligibility. I'm not sure what the point is?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 11:25:41 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions