Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Obama's Press Conference

Obama's Press Conference
« on: June 29, 2011, 12:03:01 PM »
I'm in a political mood today, and this just put me in a foul mood.

There's so much fail in his speech.  I can't even keep up.

"We've done more in my administration that the previous 43 presidents combined" - referring to civil liberties. 

He also told business leaders that they aren't in control of job creation.  Congress can create jobs right now, but Republicans won't allow it.  Democrats have made sacrifices in spending and their government programs (REALLY?), so Republicans should man up as well. 

Also, the rich need to pay more.  They have too much money.  They deserve to pay more for their luxuries than other people. 

Also, he said something about taxes being the lowest in 50 years, and it's time for the rich to stop getting tax breaks. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
Re: Obama's Press Conference
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 12:45:27 PM »
He literally makes me sick.  What an idiot!!!

I just love the balanced approach idea.  We'll cut spending if we can raise taxes on those wealthy folks and cherry-picked demonized industries like OIL COMPANIES...  But, we're not going to raise taxes on the middle and lower classes.  Well Mista DipSchit, if you raise taxes on corporations, who do you think really pays for those taxes? 

Assuming EVERYTHING else is fixed with a zero-sum economy, if you raise taxes on the top 1% by a flat 10% of income, that would only result in an additional $200B at most to the federal government.  That's INSIGNIFICANT when compared to the current budget breakdown or over-spending already in place.  We need to get serious about cutting across the board.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 12:49:35 PM »
fucking cocksuckers!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 12:54:15 PM »
Maybe the bigger problem is that right after this ridiculous press conference, the major news channels jumped right into the Casey Anthony trial. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 01:15:00 PM »

When this poser first appeared on the scene I identified him as exactly what he is. 

Empty suit. 

Still amazed people were stupid enough to vote for him in the first place and absolutely stunned that any thinking individual would consider voting for his hot air ass again. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 01:24:15 PM »
I hate the term "reduce spending in the tax code".  Are there people stupid enough to not realize this means tax increases?

When a person or group goes about renaming something, they know that it is wrong and are just trying to hoodwink the folks using different names.

A tax cut is not a reduction in spending on the tax code
A tax cut is a reduction in revenue
You can't spend something that you don't take in (well unless you borrow it form the Chinese)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 01:25:46 PM by AUTailgatingRules »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 02:16:51 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 12:09:20 AM »

"We've done more in my administration that the previous 43 presidents combined" - referring to civil liberties. 

He also told business leaders that they aren't in control of job creation.  Congress can create jobs right now, but Republicans won't allow it.  Democrats have made sacrifices in spending and their government programs (REALLY?), so Republicans should man up as well. 

Also, the rich need to pay more.  They have too much money.  They deserve to pay more for their luxuries than other people. 

Also, he said something about taxes being the lowest in 50 years, and it's time for the rich to stop getting tax breaks.

The TSA groping folks?

The unilateral unauthorized Libya campaign against the will of the congress?

Yeah, he's on top of the Constitution......to take a shit on it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 12:40:27 AM »

I have never read a more absolute bullshit statement in my entire life.  I should fucking know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 09:22:19 AM »

I have never read a more absolute bullpoop statement in my entire life.  I should effing know.

Using modern Leftist logic, he's sort of correct.  The tax rates are the lowest they've ever been... or since the 1950s...  Or, whatever bumbling lie he comes up with.  Of course, the actual tax dollars collected by the federal government from the wealthiest 1% is a different story.  They're actually higher than they've ever been right now, and he wants more.  Tax receipts collected from the wealthy is like crack to these clowns. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2011, 10:09:44 AM »
Mark Halperin, editor-at-large for Time, called President Obama “a dick” on Thursday on a popular MSNBC morning show and then quickly apologized.

“I thought he was a dick yesterday,” Halperin, who also is a senior political analyst for MSNBC, said on Morning Joe, referring to the President’s conduct during his press conference.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0611/58098.html

The article is more about the guy using poor language on Scarborough's show and why they didn't edit it in time. 

But foul language aside, the guy is absolutely correct.  Obama came across like an asshole.  Not an asshole who is getting the job done.  As asshole who is blaming others and poking fun.  An asshole who is trying to make people feel bad. 

I'm flabbergasted even today.  That press conference was something else.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2011, 10:14:58 AM »

Using modern Leftist logic, he's sort of correct.  The tax rates are the lowest they've ever been... or since the 1950s...  Or, whatever bumbling lie he comes up with. 

His exact quote:

“If you’re a wealthy CEO or hedge fund manager in America right now your taxes are lower than they have ever been,’’ Obama said. “They’re lower than they’ve been since the 1950s, and you can afford it. You’ll still be able to ride on your corporate jet. You just have to pay a little more.’’

Fucking unbelievable. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2011, 10:17:09 AM »
This shit is just making my stomach continually turn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2011, 10:34:59 AM »
What's bad about all this to me, is that the republicans seem to be fumbling the ball.  Maybe I am just nervous, but they need to get their heads out of their asses, put some viable candidates up and get started campaigning.  So far it has really been shitty candidates other than Cain or Paul in my mind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2011, 10:38:31 AM »
What's bad about all this to me, is that the republicans seem to be fumbling the ball.  Maybe I am just nervous, but they need to get their heads out of their asses, put some viable candidates up and get started campaigning.  So far it has really been shitty candidates other than Cain or Paul in my mind.

I'm wondering how much of that is a pushed agenda by the media. 

Yesterday I watched a segment on one of the major news networks about Bachmann/Palin being on the same ticket. 

Newt Gingrich was pushed as being a viable candidate until he actually announced.  Then a bunch of rumors and personal stories popped up. Then people quit his campaign. 

I like Herman Cain a lot.  He's not very experienced, but I think he has the gall to be a president for the people and not a president for the agenda. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2011, 10:41:27 AM »
My problem is the republicans are only marginally better than the democrats.  They all need to be thrown out on their collective asses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2011, 10:44:35 AM »
I'm wondering how much of that is a pushed agenda by the media. 

Yesterday I watched a segment on one of the major news networks about Bachmann/Palin being on the same ticket. 

Newt Gingrich was pushed as being a viable candidate until he actually announced.  Then a bunch of rumors and personal stories popped up. Then people quit his campaign. 

I like Herman Cain a lot.  He's not very experienced, but I think he has the gall to be a president for the people and not a president for the agenda.

I don't know how much is the media.  Newt was doomed before he announced to be honest.  The affair(s) and the Gov't shutdown when he was SOTH was going to do him in.  The media would have kept that in headlines daily to have him look bad.   

Bachmann/Palin  <-------  :facepalm:   

I like Herman Cain a lot.  So far he has said all the right things and has been the candidate that I would vote for.   To the dismay of several here I am a Ron Paul fan.....but that's another argument for another day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2011, 10:46:55 AM »
My problem is the republicans are only marginally better than the democrats.  They all need to be thrown out on their collective asses.

While this is true and I agree 100%, (I could keep a few that are in there now ad be ok with it), I don't know that a 3rd party candidate will ever emerge with any kind of shot at winning.  It would be nice, but I don't see it happening for a long, long time, if ever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2011, 10:49:32 AM »
While this is true and I agree 100%, (I could keep a few that are in there now ad be ok with it), I don't know that a 3rd party candidate will ever emerge with any kind of shot at winning.  It would be nice, but I don't see it happening for a long, long time, if ever.

I'm not supporting a third party candidate and want the system to change where normal people will serve the people.  I know it's a pipe dream but if I am forced to dream I'm going to have a good one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2011, 10:52:26 AM »
I'm not supporting a third party candidate and want the system to change where normal people will serve the people.  I know it's a pipe dream but if I am forced to dream I'm going to have a good one.

Term limits might go a long way in helping this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions