Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Countdown to Football

JR4AU

Re: Countdown to Football
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2011, 06:15:28 PM »
66 Days.

"You have so much to worry about this year." 

It's a statement that's stated in different words all the time lately.  Always directed at Auburn fans. 

"The NCAA - you have to worry about that."

The NCAA said we're clear.  Unless something unknown arises.  In that case, everyone has something to be worried about.  There are no asteroids on a path to destroy us right now.  But tomorrow, there could be. 

"You're losing Cam Newton."

You're losing Greg McElroy.  You're losing Ryan Mallett.  You still have Jordan Jefferson.  You have Tajh Boyd.  You have Chris Relf.   

I'm not worried about it.

"You're losing Nick Fairley."

You're losing Marcel Dareus.  You're losing Drake Nevis and Kelvin Sheppard. 

"Your schedule is tough."

Your schedule is tough.  Alabama has opponents with open dates.  They go to Penn State.  They have Florida and Auburn as away games. 

In LSU's first 9 games, they have Oregon (Dallas), Northwestern St, @Miss St, @West Virginia, Kentucky, Florida, @Tennessee, Auburn, @Alabama. 

"You have an inexperienced offensive line."

You're replacing a left tackle. 

We aren't the only ones that should be worrying.  The SEC West is wide open if you ask me.

66 Days.

Yep, dead on.  Good stuff.  People act like Auburn is the only great team to ever graduate a bunch of Sr's, or lose Jr's to the draft. 

You also forgot the all time fave of the idiot mullets..."It's back to normal 6-6 for Auburn".    Though I'm not even sure something that fucking moronic deserves a response.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2011, 06:18:42 PM »

Allllllll I'm saying.  I'm not going to block you cause frankly 99% of what you post.... I enjoy. 

So you have liked 6 of his posts? That's not much of a time to get to know a person...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2011, 06:44:04 PM »
So you have liked 6 of his posts? That's not much of a time to get to know a person...
That right der was fuckin funny not as funny as some farks, but quite funny nonetheless.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2011, 06:54:38 PM »

I've met Bugg.  He's a good guy.  I'm not totally reliant on epenis size, but hey. 

At a ball game...  Beer time.  I know some here know that format.  Even if they're clueless as donkey dung roll about others.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 06:57:47 PM by AuburnChopper »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2011, 10:46:39 PM »
I've met Bugg.  He's a good guy.  I'm not totally reliant on epenis size, but hey. 

At a ball game...  Beer time.  I know some here know that format.  Even if they're clueless as donkey dung roll about others.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2011, 11:41:04 PM »

Welllllll....  Might have gone unnoticed, except someone here...   :rolleyes:

Sorry, Mr. Rider.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2011, 02:40:58 PM »
65 Days

Inexperience and a lack of depth is not necessarily a bad thing especially when considering entertainment value. 

We signed 14 four stars (one of those a five star) in last year's recruiting class.  Most of them have qualified. 

Most of them will get a chance to compete and contribute. 

I'm thinking the law of probability states that at least one or two of them will be future superstars for Auburn. 

Who exactly? 

No clue. 

But someone is going to emerge, and we're going to see it this season. 

Be on the lookout for the next Auburn legend. 

65 Days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Ogre

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2011, 02:44:48 PM »

Do we really want one of these?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2011, 03:10:48 PM »

65 Days.

Coincidence that I am back for the first game in 65 days???????? #winning
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2011, 03:13:26 PM »

65 Days.

Coincidence that I am back for the first game in 65 days???????? #winning

That how much time you have to serve after the goat incident?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2011, 03:17:00 PM »
That how much time you have to serve after the goat incident?

Some of us can't be selective>

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2011, 12:06:09 PM »
Do we really want one of these?

Tha fuck????? Not even gonna ask.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2011, 02:19:13 PM »
64 Days

Has Michael Dyer been overlooked?

In the midst of the greatest season in Auburn history and in the midst of the greatest season of any single player in the history of college football, a 5'7 200 pound power/scat back broke a long standing record by Auburn's most prolific and most historic player. 

He is now Auburn's leading freshman runner and still has a few years to accomplish even more. 

We're all waiting in anticipation to see how great he can be.

But is there a need to "wait"?  Should he already be considered great or even legendary? 

Bo Jackson changed Auburn.   He brought us out of the shadow of Alabama and launched us "over the top" in the upper echelon of college football.  His eye dropping runs were so important, they were given names.  Names that symbolized their importance.  And he was the spotlight and deserved it all. 

But what about Dyer?  How does he compare? 

This past season was a stepping stone for Auburn football.  Bo brought us over the top of Alabama.  Which was great.  We have a winning record against them since Bo dove over the pile.  We've won some SEC championships.  We've had a few undefeated seasons.

But we've always stumbled.  Always right before the end fallen to our knees before claiming the trophy we thought was ours.

Last season, we didn't fall.  We claimed the trophy.  And all of the accolades went to Cam.  And rightfully so.

But what about that little guy fresh out of high school? 

What about the fact that he had 20+ yard runs in 8/14 games we played?  Most of which came in important SEC/championship games.

What about the 100 yard performance against South Carolina that solidified the close, tough win?

What about the 100 yard performance against LSU?  Remember when Patrick Peterson grabbed a hold of him near the end zone?  Dyer dragged him a few yards then released him to the ground before scampering a few more yards down the field.

What about the 180 yard performance to knock out Ole Miss?

The fact that he broke Bo's record against UGA in the midst of peril off the field? 

The 13 yard scamper that set up the final touchdown to Lutz against Alabama? 

And most importantly, the one for the symbols. 

Bo went over the top and showed the world that we would no long be beneath Alabama or anyone else in the SEC.

Dyer refused to go down.  Refused to be tackled.  He was brought close to the ground in a close game in the most important game in Auburn's history. 

But instead of going to the ground, Dyer stayed up.  It was shocking.  We were all so used to falling short of the crystal ball like in 1983, 1993, and 2004. 

Dyer's refusal to put his knee on the ground was the battle yell from Auburn that we would no longer be falling short of our goal. 

But we've heard everything about Cam.  Not as much about Dyer - the freshman who did more than Bo. 

Luckily, Dyer has at least two more years to turn heads.

64 Days.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 02:20:34 PM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2011, 07:28:03 PM »
Well said Ths...our stout back has been slighted by the Bamers and Fbomb thinking he can't compare with Richardson or Lattimore because he benefited by having Cam but I think we all know he is as tough as they come and plenty battle tested. Wonder how they will spin it when he doesn't miss a beat with three new offensive linemen?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2011, 07:42:12 PM »
63 Days

What'd you do today? 

It's Saturday. 

Probably hung around with family.  Cut the grass.  Drank a beer.  Lit up the grill.  Checked out a girl too young for you.  Turned on the TV.  Complained about the heat.  Listened to music.  Laughed.  Argued.  Joked.  Screamed.  Yelled. 

Probably did all of those things.

But you didn't watch any live football. 

63 Days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2011, 02:04:36 PM »
62 Days

Time warp. 

It's July 3, 2010. 

Answer the following multiple choice questions:

1.  Who is Cam Newton?
A) Heisman Trophy Winning Quarterback
B) Backup to Neil Caudle
C) Brent Schaeffer

2.  Who is Nick Fairley?
A) Lombardi winner and most dominant defensive player in college football
B) Decent defensive tackle with potential to be good but not great
C) Lazy and incompetent player who shows some signs of dominance but mostly disappears

3.  Who is Gene Chizik?
A) A BCS championship caliber coach who dominates recruiting every year
B) A young coach in over his head who has to go undefeated to break .500
C) The worst coach in the SEC and an embarrassment to the Auburn football program

4.  How good is Alabama?
A) Pretty good but overrated.  3 losses is on their horizon
B) The most dominant team in college football returning numerous starters including the Heisman winner
C) Better than some NFL teams

5.  How good is Texas?
A) Horrible.  Coaching staff in disarray.  Players unsure how to play football.  Losers to Iowa State.
B) Incredible shot at repeating as Big 12 champions.  Gilbert got experience in the BCSCG and will immediately be a successful Heisman candidate
C) Rebuilding but should have no more than two losses

6.  How good is Florida?
A) One of the worst teams Meyer has ever had.  No identity on offense.  Not enough on defense to overcome adversity
B) Incredible stockpile of talent and a lock for the SECCG against Alabama.  NFL-ready quarterback, speed all over the offense, and 5 stars all over the defense
C) Rebuilding and should make the SECCG.  At most two losses if the inexperience doesn't get it together.  Too much talent to fail 

Record your answers.

Time warp.

It's July 3, 2011.  How'd you do?

62 Days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2011, 02:39:18 PM »
I was right about Chizik and Alabama. If this was baseball, I'm hitting second in the lineup yall.

1. JaMarcus Russellike showoff. I'm thinking better than Tyrik Rollinson though. Caudle back-up.
2. Inconsistent, plays hard only when it's necessary. Had one memorable play v. Bamer.
3. Seriously too early to tell but he says he will let his coaches coach which is encouraging for a change.
4. Almost always overated but capable of dropping a couple of games even with all of that talent.
5. Oh Texas is going to win their conference easily.
6. Florida should be in Atlanta especially since South Carolina generally chokes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2011, 12:20:53 AM »
61 Days

I can't wait. 

61 Days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2011, 02:33:02 AM »
61 Days

I can't wait. 

61 Days.

front page ...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2011, 10:01:34 AM »
front page ...

Haha sorry.  After July 4th festivities, I wasn't exactly capable of producing something of substance. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions