Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Feeeyyyuuucccckkkk Finebaum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Feeeyyyuuucccckkkk Finebaum
« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2011, 09:49:20 AM »
http://sportscallauburn.com/
You can listen to the streaming audio online but unless you live in an area that you can pick it up on the radio, you want be able to listen to it on your ride home. I don't think you can get it on the XM.

Here is what you will see on the sites front page:

SportsCall is a regional sports call-in show centered in Auburn, Alabama. The show runs from 4pm CT to 6pm CT with Bill Cameron as the show's host since its inception. SportsCall is caller oriented allowing listeners to speak their mind on various topics in the world of sports though much of the program is centered around Auburn University and the Southeastern Conference.

Noted sportswriter of Auburn Undercover, Brian Matthews is a regular Monday afternoon guest on SportsCall. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, former Auburn High School Athletic Director Chuck Furlow joins Bill Cameron on the show. Also on Thursdays, longtime Auburn Sports reporter Phillip Marshall can be heard on the show. Other fill in hosts include Will Moon, and "the voice of Auburn High School Athletics" Bill Bailey.Established in 1995, the show is noted as being the Auburn area's first and longest tenured call-in sports show.

During Auburn University's football season, Bill Cameron and Will Moon host "The SportsCall Tailgate Show", two and a half hours before every Auburn University Football game.

Immediately after the game "The Real Postgame Show", hosted by Will Moon and Ben Brown, goes live for two hours of fans reactions, postgame interviews and scoreboard updates.

All shows can be heard on 93.9 WTGZ-FM in the Auburn and Montgomery area, AM 620 WTRP in LaGrange, Georgia and www.sportscallauburn.com.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2011, 10:00:48 AM »
http://sportscallauburn.com/
You can listen to the streaming audio online but unless you live in an area that you can pick it up on the radio, you want be able to listen to it on your ride home. I don't think you can get it on the XM.

Here is what you will see on the sites front page:
WTGZ isn't supported by any radio player iPhone app...and I have several...

Can't stream from my computer at work.

Also, with TuneIn radio, there is an option to browse the web. I've never used that option and don't know if it works for streaming audio or not, but I don't even see where to play it. If you click "Listen Live" it says "Click the player to listen live", but there is no said player.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2011, 10:28:57 AM »
Let's keep it strictly legal here folks.  Chizad has been on the straight and narrow since moving to NO. He's one step ahead of the download police and wants to keep it that way. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2011, 11:00:43 AM »
Let's keep it strictly legal here folks.  Chizad has been on the straight and narrow since moving to NO. He's one step ahead of the download police and wants to keep it that way.
Actually, for the first time, I'm kind of shitting myself with fear over this stuff.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/05/12/us-hurtlocker-idUSTRE64B0AU20100512

Editor's ChoiceSeventh heaven awaits Boston Bruins or Vancouver Canucks
Mon, Jun 2 2008"Hurt Locker" lawsuit target pirates

By Eriq Gardner

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The war against movie piracy is getting downright explosive.

The producers of "The Hurt Locker" are preparing a massive lawsuit against tens of thousands of people who pirated the Oscar-winning drama online. The case could be filed as soon as Wednesday.

Voltage Pictures, the film's financier, has signed up with the U.S. Copyright Group, a Washington D.C.-based venture that has begun a litigation campaign targeting users of the BitTorrent peer-to-peer (P2P) service.

"The Hurt Locker" first leaked onto the web more than five months before its U.S. release last June, and was a hot item in P2P circles after it won six Oscars in March, including best picture and director. Despite the accolades, the film grossed only about $16 million in the U.S.

The U.S. Copyright Group has already filed lawsuits over about 10 other films, including German filmmaker Uwe Boll's "Far Cry," "Call of the Wild 3D" and "Uncross the Stars." Reports of those suits raised alarms in some circles, whereas others joked that the movie industry was merely suing those with poor taste.

"You can guess that relative to the films we've pursued already, the order of magnitude is much higher" with "Hurt Locker," said Thomas Dunlap, a lawyer at the firm.

If the addition of "Locker" to this litigation campaign could shake things up, so too could news about cooperation by Internet Service Providers (ISP) in this escalating fight. After filing the lawsuits, the plaintiffs must subpoena ISP records in an effort to match IP addresses with illicit behavior on BitTorrent.

According to lawyers at Dunlap's firm, 75% of ISPs have cooperated fully. Those that have resisted are mostly doing so, they say, because of the amount of work involved in handing over thousands of names. But the clock may be ticking. For example, in the lawsuit over "Far Cry," Comcast has until next Wednesday to file motions to quash subpoenas. By the end of next week, thousands of Comcast subscribers could be turned over.

Of the some 50,000 individuals who have been sued thus far, only three have tried to quash the subpoena. In one instance, a Georgia man tried to invoke the state's shield law protecting journalists from having to disclose their sources. The judge denied the motion. In another instance, a woman successfully got a court to throw out the subpoena because her IP address wasn't listed in the original complaint. Unfortunately for her, the complaint was then amended.

After unmasking individuals who have illegally downloaded films, the U.S. Copyright Group then sends a modest settlement offer. Lawyers at the firm are seeing some returns on the first two lawsuits filed back in January. About 40% have settled, according to the U.S. Copyright Group. Those who haven't settled will be sent another round of settlement offers, and the group promises to eventually serve lawsuits on these individuals.

Since news first broke about the litigation campaign, Dunlap says he's been besieged by e-mails from 20 to 30 independent film groups that have expressed frustration about rampant piracy and interest in joining up. The firm plans to send people to the Cannes Film Festival, where they've already arranged meetings with a number of other film producers to discuss further lawsuits.

http://blog.syracuse.com/entertainment/2011/05/hurt_locker_targets_24583_bitt.html
'Hurt Locker' lawsuit targets 24,583 BitTorrent users for illegal downloads
Published: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 11:06 AM     Updated: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 12:26 PM
 By The Post-Standard The Post-Standard

Courtesy of Summit Entertainment Jeremy Renner stars in "The Hurt Locker."
Did you download "The Hurt Locker" with BittTorrent? You may be facing a lawsuit.

"The Hurt Locker" won an Oscar for best motion picture last year and grossed $17 million at the U.S. box office.

Now, according to TorrentFreak, the makers of the movie, Voltage Pictures, have filed a multi-million dollar copyright infringement lawsuit.

The lawsuit is targeting 24,583 alleged BitTorrent users making it the biggest file-sharing lawsuit the world has ever witnessed.

If only 10,000 of the alleged infringers pay a $2,000 settlement this would bring in $20 million which is $3 million more than the movie grossed in the U.S.

Most of the defendants are subscribers of Comcast (10,532), followed by Verizon (5,239), Charter (2,699) and Time Warner (1,750).

It may take years to look up all the personal details in the various BitTorrent lawsuits.

The goal is not to take any of the individual cases to court, but to get alleged infringers to pay a substantial cash settlement to make legal action go away.
I got cease and desists from Charter for both of these movies...
 :bag:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 11:01:27 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2011, 11:04:48 AM »
Have you ceased and desisted? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2011, 11:08:34 AM »
Have you ceased and desisted?

Not his bowel movements apparently.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2011, 11:25:44 AM »
Legally speaking, let's say you own a copy of the Hurt Locker on DVD, and were downloading it just so you could watch on your iPad or something.  Is that still a violation?  What's the difference between ripping a copy, then converting it to mp4 format Vs just downloading an mp4 version of it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2011, 11:26:46 AM »
Go buy real, legal copies of all those movies and say that once you watched them, you enjoyed the movie so much, that you went out and bought copies of your own...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2011, 11:51:08 AM »
The problem is, I don't give a shit about the Lebron James, Tiger Woods, Bret Favre, NASCAR and baseball in general, or any of that mundane shit that national sports shows want to talk about.

I need to hear about what's going on with Auburn and Alabama. That's all I care about really. The 20 minute ride home from work is all the Saints talk I need, but my Auburn/Alabama craving is insatiable.

So what's this Sportscall you speak of. I can't try it out without any more info than that. What station? What are the call letters? Do you have a link?

I have a feeling it will be hollow though. Go too far the other way where it's all unicorns and roses, and you have an AUFamily situation, where it's just boring. Add to that, I highly doubt there will be guests in the same stratosphere as any of the JOX shows, much less Finebaum.

But I'm willing to give it a shot if you give me more info.
I can tell you Bill Cameron has been around the CFB scene longer than Finescum has. Maybe not as well known but he keeps it real... No, not unicorns and rainbows all the time. Just real "in the middle" and informative. He used to have Jeff Lee and David Pascal on a lot and they were real good. I haven't heard them much lately. He does have B. Matthews and P. Marshall on pretty regularly though. 95% of what they discuss is AU/UA. They will touch on the Braves a little. Not much. The thing I like about this show is that it is caller driven. They are free to discuss whatever they wish in the world of sports, although 9 of 10 will talk about AU FB. Of course in the fall, they discuss High School sports a lot as well. I first listened to this show in 1999 (my last year at Auburn) and have been ever since. Finebaum is nothing but Jerry Springer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2011, 11:55:46 AM »
Finebaum is nothing but Jerry Springer without the high class folks.

Fixt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2011, 01:02:00 PM »
Go buy real, legal copies of all those movies and say that once you watched them, you enjoyed the movie so much, that you went out and bought copies of your own...
It won't help.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2011, 01:03:29 PM »
The thing about PF's show is you'd better be listening for the sheer enjoyment of pathetic smack.  Outside of his guests, and Lord knows I have no idea why anyone goes on his show, there is absolutely zero substance.  I guarantee you PF could not name one starter coming back on Bama's line.  He knows Lord Saybinz' fast food eating habits but he knows exactly squat about football.  He can rip Mark Richt or some hapless AD or whoever is on the hotseat at that particular time, but he can't tell you anything about what defense Ted Roof runs.

Just not what his show is about.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2011, 01:03:54 PM »
It won't help.

Chizad going to prison! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2011, 01:17:45 PM »
Chizad going to prison!

Federal pound him in the ass prison?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2011, 01:22:09 PM »

Sounds like it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2011, 01:36:29 PM »
http://www.sportscallauburn.com/sportscallonair.html
That works on the laptop, but not on the phone, as I suspected.

Can't stream at work for hours at a time or I'll have IT on my ass.

I'll risk it today and give it a listen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2011, 01:37:06 PM »

He should be so lucky.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

« Reply #98 on: June 14, 2011, 01:42:26 PM »
That works on the laptop, but not on the phone, as I suspected.

Can't stream at work for hours at a time or I'll have IT on my ass.

I'll risk it today and give it a listen.

Cool. I wasn't sure if you'd be able to get on the phone.

During the off the air hours, they replay recent shows in case you find time to catch on one that you have missed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2011, 02:03:18 PM »
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 02:09:06 PM by djsimp41 »