Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Taking a look back

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
Re: Taking a look back
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2011, 02:58:17 PM »
I didn't realize they had mopeds that long ago.
He would ride it down to Lucille's house - she was just a young girl then........
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2011, 12:01:33 PM »
My kids are 4 and 5, and they don't really watch any of the Japanimation stuff yet, but even the things they watch on Nick are weird. I mean, how do these people come up with some of this stuff? They have to be on shrooms or something. They do like to watch some of the old Tom and Jerry and Yogi Bear type stuff on Cartoon Network that I used to watch as a kid, but there is some weird shit out there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2011, 12:20:38 PM »
My kids are 4 and 5, and they don't really watch any of the Japanimation stuff yet, but even the things they watch on Nick are weird. I mean, how do these people come up with some of this stuff? They have to be on shrooms or something. They do like to watch some of the old Tom and Jerry and Yogi Bear type stuff on Cartoon Network that I used to watch as a kid, but there is some weird shit out there.

Speaking of weird, my boy was watching this show that used to come on Cartoon Network, I believe it's called Billy and Mandy.  I know I've told this before...but damn it..my stories are just so interesting.  It's got these 2 kids in it and the Grim Reaper lives with them.  Weird enough.  Anyway, this episode starts out with the Grim Reaper sleeping on a rug with a dragon. (See RWS Shroom reference above)  He's dreaming and starts saying "Wait, this is not my beautiful wife.  And this is not my beautiful house"  Then the kid, Billy, pops in his dream and starts saying "Same as it ever was....Same as it ever was".

My boy is laughing and I'm sitting there going, "WTF..late 70's Talking Heads lyrics?"

Then I realized I had been doing peyote for 3 days straight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2011, 12:27:42 PM »
Just be glad they aren't watching The Regular Show.  My kid is into that one now...it is seriously effed up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2011, 01:34:23 PM »
My daughter loves Phineas and Ferb, which I actually think is pretty good for a new toon.  We also DVR Looney Toons and watch them together (or by myself after she has gone to bed).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2011, 01:47:14 PM »
My daughter loves Phineas and Ferb, which I actually think is pretty good for a new toon.  We also DVR Looney Toons and watch them together (or by myself after she has gone to bed).

I personally love Phineas and Ferb too - that is approved TV in our house, along with Sponge Bob.  Other than that, nothing else on commercial TV that is specifically aimed at kids.  My two love Mythbusters and Americas Funniest Videos, and a lot of the Discovery nature shows, but we do NOT do that stupid iCarly/Suite Life/tweeneybopper shit.  K is only 7, so I am holding out as long as I can...

The Looney Tunes Spotlight collections are SO worth the money.  Around 30 original, uncut, uncensored classics on each DVD.  We have five or six of them, and the kids will watch them non-stop.  So will I. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2011, 01:54:38 PM »
My son likes Phineas and Ferb. I agree, it doesn't seem to be half bad as far as weirdness goes. Maybe I'm just getting old, but they don't make these cartoons like they used to. Dora, Diego, and believe it or not Team Umizoomi aren't that terrible either. My kids actually do the math problems, solve patterns, etc with Umizoomi and interact, which is good. We give them a good bit of freedom in what they watch. Plus, they watch big people TV with us a good bit in the evening as well. Which we don't really watch anything other than History Channel, Nat Geo, Discovery, TLC, etc.

Is it just me, or is regular old TV just plain shit? I mean, there aren't even any good sitcoms around anymore. I don't really like reality TV (Survivor, et al). So You Think You Can Dance is a pretty decent show. American Idol is a sham. Just really no good TV on IMO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2011, 02:07:40 PM »
I blame most of my general ineptitude on Hong Kong Phooey.

Number 1 super guy!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2011, 02:09:03 PM »
My son likes Phineas and Ferb. I agree, it doesn't seem to be half bad as far as weirdness goes. Maybe I'm just getting old, but they don't make these cartoons like they used to. Dora, Diego, and believe it or not Team Umizoomi aren't that terrible either. My kids actually do the math problems, solve patterns, etc with Umizoomi and interact, which is good. We give them a good bit of freedom in what they watch. Plus, they watch big people TV with us a good bit in the evening as well. Which we don't really watch anything other than History Channel, Nat Geo, Discovery, TLC, etc.

Is it just me, or is regular old TV just plain shit? I mean, there aren't even any good sitcoms around anymore. I don't really like reality TV (Survivor, et al). So You Think You Can Dance is a pretty decent show. American Idol is a sham. Just really no good TV on IMO.

So you think you can dance is on constantly in my house.  My daughter has been dancing since she was 3...non-stop. Just got back from a year in Chicago where she was on a dance scholarship at some "Famous" dance school.  Will be in Pittsburgh in the Fall doing the same thing.  So needless to say, that show is recorded, played, replayed, talked about....

I stay in man cave and watch sports and Deadliest Catch
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2011, 02:15:35 PM »
The Looney Tunes Spotlight collections are SO worth the money.  Around 30 original, uncut, uncensored classics on each DVD.  We have five or six of them, and the kids will watch them non-stop.  So will I.

I had a couple of the sets before we even had kids.  After my oldest had watched enough of the "I'm Ok, you're OK crap (Barney, Thomas the Train, etc.) I asked her if she wanted to watch some of Daddy's cartoons.  She was amazed.  She looked very confused as to why the people were hitting each other, but was amazed.

Incidentally, those toons could never be made today.  I was watching one with the kids where Speedy Gonzalez was trying to get across the border (which had a fence incidentally) to steal American cheese with Sylvester as the border guard.  Speedy even kept calling Sylvester a gringo. :classic:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2011, 02:18:58 PM »
Cartoons...fuck what they have on now...fuck it in da mouf.

#1 problem...(also the reason kids are fat and have a general want it now attitude)  cartoons are on 24/7.
With the creation of all these kids channels.

Fuck I remember when cartoons were on Saturday morning and that was it.  I remember being so excited for Saturday morning.  Getting up early watching Hanna Barbara, Loony Tunes (my Dad would do the Pepe La Pew voice), cartoons used to have new shows released just like TV seasons.   Then it would be over by 11am -12 and you were outside to play with your friends the rest of the day.

and if we are talking shows no one beat...

and
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2011, 02:19:23 PM »
I had a couple of the sets before we even had kids.  After my oldest had watched enough of the "I'm Ok, you're OK crap (Barney, Thomas the Train, etc.) I asked her if she wanted to watch some of Daddy's cartoons.  She was amazed.  She looked very confused as to why the people were hitting each other, but was amazed.

Incidentally, those toons could never be made today.  I was watching one with the kids where Speedy Gonzalez was trying to get across the border (which had a fence incidentally) to steal American cheese with Sylvester as the border guard.  Speedy even kept calling Sylvester a gringo. :classic:

Speaking of.....several years ago, I let my daughter watch Blazing Saddles.  She was about 16 at the time and I watched for her reaction.  She had no idea what was coming and just went  :jaw:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2011, 02:30:16 PM »
Speaking of.....several years ago, I let my daughter watch Blazing Saddles.  She was about 16 at the time and I watched for her reaction.  She had no idea what was coming and just went  :jaw:

My wife did that the first time she watched. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2011, 02:50:53 PM »
My wife did that the first time she watched.

She was like, "Did he really say n_____??????"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2011, 02:53:02 PM »
Number 1 super guy!

This man knows what's up....

I have previewed cartoons to see what is out there b/c my son is not really old enough to watch yet.  Yo-Gabba-Gabba will not, let me repeat, WILL NOT, be allowed in house.  I watched about 5 seconds and almost threw the remote through the TV.  I think Cartoon Network and Boomerang will be the only think that saves my sanity.....and a little Sponge Bob.  So far he like's Robin Hood when all of the animals are marching across the screen at first and loves "Elmo's Rootin' Tootin' Hootin' Hollerin' Jamberee”  DVD.   :suicide: 

So glad that he would rather play with toys and cries to go outside where there is no TV.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2011, 02:55:33 PM »

Doofenshmirtz is teh best relatively new cartoon character on TV imnsho.  I sometimes use my DVRinator to watch them too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2011, 02:57:12 PM »
My 18 month old completely ignores the TV until Toy Story 3 goes in the DVD player.  Then he just stands there in the middle of the floor picking his nose and scratching his butt for about an hour.  If he just had a beer between his knees he would look just like his Dad!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2011, 03:35:36 PM »
Impact Johnson...inator
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2011, 03:45:59 PM »
My son likes Phineas and Ferb. I agree, it doesn't seem to be half bad as far as weirdness goes. Maybe I'm just getting old, but they don't make these cartoons like they used to. Dora, Diego, and believe it or not Team Umizoomi aren't that terrible either.

Team Umizoomi?  You have just lost what miniscule shred of respect I might have ever harboured for you.

That show makes me want to drive red hot pokers into my skull.  Mind numbingly stupid on a thousand different levels.  Patronizing and condescending to children - kids don't need shit spoonfed to them constantly - they need to be able to make a few connections themselves.

If you really have to have all that, you can learn all about classical music and how to defy the laws of physics by watching Road Runner and Bugs Bunny.  Seriously, how many of you can hear Ride of the Valkyries or the Overture to the Barber of Seville and NOT think of Bugs Bunny?  I remember the first time I realized that the cartoon music was "real music" and bought some classical albums - and I still love classical music to this day, thanks to Elmer Fudd.

I am all about having smart kids and all, but the phrase "educational cartoons" is one of those "oxymoron" things.  Cartoons are supposed to be FUN!!  Fuck that whole "learning can be fun!" crap - that is just a guilt trip aimed at parents who DON'T think their kids have to be soaking in calculus in their sleep in order to get into a good college.   Brains need downtime too - and an hour of Sponge Bob is perfect for that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2011, 03:48:22 PM »
and I still love classical music to this day, thanks to Elmer Fudd.

Kill the Wabbit...Kill the Wabbit!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions