Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Do you want fries with that?

Do you want fries with that?
« on: June 04, 2011, 09:54:06 AM »
I'm not sure how reputable this site is, but if this is true, it certainly is telling.
According to the unemployment data released this morning, the economy added only 54,000 jobs, pushing the unemployment rate up to 9.1 percent. However, this report from MarketWatch suggests the data is much worse than that:

McDonald’s ran a big hiring day on April 19 — after the Labor Department’s April survey for the payrolls report was conducted — in which 62,000 jobs were added. That’s not a net number, of course, and seasonal adjustment will reduce the Hamburglar impact on payrolls. (In simpler terms — restaurants always staff up for the summer; the Labor Department makes allowance for this effect.) Morgan Stanley estimates McDonald’s hiring will boost the overall number by 25,000 to 30,000. The Labor Department won’t detail an exact McDonald’s figure — they won’t identify any company they survey — but there will be data in the report to give a rough estimate.

If Morgan Stanley is correct, about half of last month's job growth came from the venerable fast-food chain. That is hardly the sign of a healthy economy.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/half-last-months-jobs-came-single-employer-mcdonalds_573220.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Do you want fries with that?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 10:04:59 AM »
I'm not sure how reputable this site is, but if this is true, it certainly is telling.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/half-last-months-jobs-came-single-employer-mcdonalds_573220.html

It is true. Take out the McD's hirings and the jobs numbers were morbid. They already were not good with them. The ONE needs to go. The unemployment rates sustaining this long and inflation occuring like it is hasn't been seen to this extent since Jimmy Carter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 10:28:18 AM »
It is true. Take out the McD's hirings and the jobs numbers were morbid. They already were not good with them. The ONE needs to go. The unemployment rates sustaining this long and inflation occuring like it is hasn't been seen to this extent since Jimmy Carter.

Racist!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

GH2001

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 10:29:25 AM »
Racist!

Against whites I guess. Since the ONE is as much white as anything. Right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 05:12:54 PM »
Against whites I guess. Since the ONE is as much white as anything. Right?

He supersedes race.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GarMan

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 05:43:16 PM »
He supersedes race. 

He's his own race.  He's a ruler
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 06:06:36 PM »
He supersedes race.

He's only one race.... a DISGrace
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 06:42:01 PM »
He just needs another term to correct things. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 09:43:17 AM »
He just needs another term to correct things.

We have to give him more time to clean up the mess that Bush made. Yeah, thats it.

Note: The Community Reinvestment Act (which encouraged low income and subprime lending with disregard to other factors) was passed under Carter and put on steroids in 1995 under Clinton. Derivatives/Mortgage Backed Securities traders simply used the already existing market conditions to make money. Would not have happened had the environment for it not been created in the first place. Just saying.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GarMan

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 10:12:33 AM »
You all need to give him a chance.  Change takes time.  Dismantling the United States can't be completed overnight. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 01:44:50 PM »
Just look how good he's doing.  Those are positive numbers!  I think they call this progress...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions