Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Cell phones?

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
Cell phones?
« on: June 02, 2011, 05:14:07 PM »
Perhaps, they should use more diodes and LEDs in them.  I hear they're safe.

Cell Phones May Cause Brain Cancer, WHO Experts Say
World Health Organization now classifies the devices as 'possibly carcinogenic to humans'[/b]

TUESDAY, May 31 (HealthDay News) -- Cell phones may cause brain cancer, a panel of experts reporting to the World Health Organization (WHO) announced Tuesday.

After reviewing dozens of studies that explored a possible link between cancer and the ubiquitous hand-held phones, the experts classified cell phones as "possibly carcinogenic to humans" and placed them in the same category as the pesticide DDT and gasoline engine exhaust...
http://health.msn.com/health-topics/cancer/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100272731&GT1=31036

Another self-proclaimed expert... 

No, cell phones don't cause cancer
By Bernard Leikind, Special to CNN
June 2, 2011 2:34 p.m. EDT

(CNN) -- This week, the World Health Organization's International Agency for Research on Cancer announced that it believed cell phones were a "possible" carcinogen, putting them in the same category as diesel fumes, dry cleaning fluid, talcum powder and coffee. They are making a mistake.

It is too large and complex a matter to work out the details of their errors here. They discount the fundamental results of their own major studies, choosing to emphasize the questionable data from a small sub-group of their subjects. They ignore the century of physics research that strongly establishes the facts...

I say we bring back lead based paint.  Anyone stupid enough to eat it would be doing society a favor. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Cell phones?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 10:01:15 AM »
I say we bring back lead based paint.  Anyone stupid enough to eat it would be doing society a favor.

That has always been my sentiment. But we did it "for the children". And if it is "for the children", it has to be the right thing to do...right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Aubie16

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 10:23:46 AM »
I advocate taking the warning labels off of everything. Let Darwin do his job at that point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

GarMan

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 10:26:30 AM »
I advocate taking the warning labels off of everything. Let Darwin do his job at that point.

Absolutely...  But, we'd have to rid ourselves of the lawyers ahead of time. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 11:35:18 AM »
Absolutely...  But, we'd have to rid ourselves of the lawyers ahead of time.

Just take the warning signs off the back of all emergency vehicles.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 03:54:43 PM »

:bugs:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 04:16:03 PM »

:sneer:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GarMan

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 05:34:46 PM »

Or, run them off a cliff... 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions