Andy Staples Post Spring Rankings
« on: May 24, 2011, 01:36:46 PM »
Bama 3
LSU 4
USCe 8
Arky 13
Auburn 18
Miss St 22

Key returnees: RB Michael Dyer, TE Phillip Lutzenkirchen, OT Brandon Mosley, DE Nose Eguae, CB Neiko Thorpe

Spring star: WR Trovon Reed

Spring recap: The defending national champs lost their game-changing quarterback, their unblockable defensive tackle and most of their offensive line. The other powers in the SEC West lost far less. That doesn't mean the cupboard is bare on the Plains. Last season was so outrageous -- in every aspect -- that it didn't even seem like a big deal that Michael Dyer broke Bo Jackson's school record for rushing yards by a freshman. That is a big deal. The return of Dyer, change-of-pace speedster Onterio McCalebb and tight end/fullback Philip Lutzenkirchen should give offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn some ammunition. The question for the Tigers is whether the defense will be good enough to give them a chance against some of the monsters on their schedule.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/andy_staples/05/24/post-spring-top-25/index.html#ixzz1NIBzWLV9
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Andy Staples Post Spring Rankings
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 01:42:31 PM »
Bama 3
LSU 4
USCe 8
Arky 13
Auburn 18
Miss St 22

I think that's a fair assessment.  Puts us back in the underdog role again.  However, I think it shouldn't be too long before we are considered the hunted every year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 04:31:12 PM »
I think that's a fair assessment.  Puts us back in the underdog role again.  However, I think it shouldn't be too long before we are considered the hunted every year.

Its higher than we were ranked this time last year. My point? Pre season assessments are usually useless.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 10:39:47 PM »
Yep preseason number one means nuttin'
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban