Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Would love to see Muschamp step on his own......

JohnDeere

• Pledge
Would love to see Muschamp step on his own......
« on: April 14, 2008, 09:12:21 AM »
http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/10767883
The desire of Auburn's defensive coordinator in the video was to, "Shut these mother------ out." The mofos being Arkansas during a 9-7 Tigers' victory. The embarrassment being Muschamp's when the TV clip of his fired-up sideline rant went viral. Suddenly, www stood for Worldwide Will.

"It's amazing because of the YouTube situation how many Baptist preachers I've had to answer to," said Muschamp, sitting in his new office that overlooks the Royal-Memorial Stadium field.

"The year before (Arkansas) had rushed 270 yards and at that point in the game they had about 28, so I was kind of happy."

If that was Muschamp being happy, then you don't want to see him mad. Texas, of course, bought into Will's World when it hired the 36-year-old wonder coach away from Auburn in January. Money is no object for Texas, which treats the loss of defensive coordinators like Zsa-Zsa when she loses a diamond earring.

Oh well, just have to go buy a new one.

Muschamp came for $425,000 per, reportedly making him the highest-paid Big 12 assistant. That's eyebrow-raising even in these heady times for assistant coaches. The coach won't engage you in salary talk but he might show you his national championship ring (LSU, 2003), his NFL resume (2005 with the Dolphins) and a broken dry erase board or two.

Entire stories have been written about Muschamp smashing things. Gallagher, though, he is not. The coach has drawn blood (his own) by pounding a board while trying to make a point.

"There's a difference between his excitement and being mad," Auburn defensive tackle Josh Thompson said last year. "The Arkansas thing was excitement. It would have been more explicit content if he was mad."

So we have that to look forward to if Muschamp doesn't turn around Texas' defense. But the guy hasn't failed much lately. Neither has Texas with its hires. Three Texas defensive assistants have gone on to head coaching jobs since 2005 -– Greg Robinson (Syracuse), Dick Tomey (San Jose State) and Gene Chizik (Iowa State). Co-coordinator Larry Mac Duff resigned January 2. The guy who called the plays last season, Duane Akina, remains on staff as an assistant head coach.

"If you wanted to be a head coach it's been kind of a place to come through," Mack Brown said.

Four of Muschamp's six defenses at LSU and Auburn have finished among the top 10 nationally. Sure, he has had players but the evidence suggests that Muschamp who, by scheme alone, can improve a defense.

It should be entertaining either way. Texas won at least 10 games for the seventh consecutive season last year, but the defense gave up the seventh-worst season in Longhorn history.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

Re: Would love to see Muschamp step on his own......
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 05:02:17 PM »
I want to pull for him...but I just can't seem to. I'm a little troubled by the way he left Auburn. I have no problem with people leaving for a better position/money but this wasn't the case. The whole thing was just a weird situation. I'm sure the true story is somewhere in the middle of what everybody is saying. I do know Muschamp is a hothead who can lose his temper. I also know that Jacobs is sometimes less than capable in his current capacity.

Oh how I would have loved to have been in the meeting room with Jacobs/Muschamp and then Muschamp/Tuberville during that last week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Lurking Tiger

• Brother
  • Table Limit
    • Clinton/Obama '08
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 01:02:10 PM »
I want to pull for him...but I just can't seem to. I'm a little troubled by the way he left Auburn. I have no problem with people leaving for a better position/money but this wasn't the case. The whole thing was just a weird situation. I'm sure the true story is somewhere in the middle of what everybody is saying. I do know Muschamp is a hothead who can lose his temper. I also know that Jacobs is sometimes less than capable in his current capacity.

Oh how I would have loved to have been in the meeting room with Jacobs/Muschamp and then Muschamp/Tuberville during that last week.

Fuck Muschamp in the mouf.

He has no loyalty to Auburn. So lump him in with all the other coaches that we may end up playing against.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BLS

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 09:50:17 AM »

The truth being somewhere in the middle is on the money.  Him leaving was the biggest hit to recruiting. It's also going to cost a game or two this year. I don't know what it is about Texas,but they attract some good coaches and recruites for that matter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 10:46:28 AM »

The truth being somewhere in the middle is on the money.  Him leaving was the biggest hit to recruiting. It's also going to cost a game or two this year. I don't know what it is about Texas,but they attract some good coaches and recruites for that matter.

In this case I feel if you are not for us you are against us.  So I guess I am saying fuck Muschamp.  I am not saying he is not a good coach or that I was glad to see him go because that is not the case.  I am just saying fuck'em and feed'em fish heads.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 11:05:05 PM »
Yeah....Fuck that Mutha Fucka an feed him Fuckin' fish heads, that Piece of God Damn SHIT.  Screw him and his Stupid Faggot Assed shades.  Broke Boards...Pssh, whatever.  I broke a door with my fist, you don't see me all Fuckin' braggin' about how mad I get.  So, again, Fuck that lying Shithead...right in his mouth.

He's nothing but a cheap, lying, no good, rotten, four flushing, low life, bammer fan, snake licking, dirt eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood sucking, dog kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat ass, bug eyed, stiff legged, spotty lipped, worm headed sack of monkey shit... Hallelujah... Holy Shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 02:03:51 AM »
Yeah....Fuck that Mutha Fucka an feed him Fuckin' fish heads, that Piece of God Damn SHIT.  Screw him and his Stupid Faggot Assed shades.  Broke Boards...Pssh, whatever.  I broke a door with my fist, you don't see me all Fuckin' braggin' about how mad I get.  So, again, Fuck that lying Shithead...right in his mouth.

He's nothing but a cheap, lying, no good, rotten, four flushing, low life, bammer fan, snake licking, dirt eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood sucking, dog kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat ass, bug eyed, stiff legged, spotty lipped, worm headed sack of monkey shit... Hallelujah... Holy Shit.

You tell it Clark.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.