Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Cam's new mentor

Cam's new mentor
« on: May 23, 2011, 09:25:21 AM »
A step down from Warren Moon.

Cam gets a very apt mentor.

Remember Ken Dorsey? Big career at Miami (Fla.) a decade ago, with some limited success as a (mostly) NFL backup quarterback. Interesting that he just finished eight days working with the first pick in the draft, Carolina quarterback Cam Newton, and they'll be back at it again today in Bradenton, Fla.

There's a good reason Dorsey and Newton have become workout and classroom partners. In 2001 and 2002, Dorsey, at Miami, was coached by Hurricane offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski. In 2007 and 2008, Dorsey, with the Cleveland Browns, was coached by Browns offensive coordinator Chudzinski.

Newton was able to get a Carolina playbook, with Panthers offensive coordinator Chudzinski's encyclopedic offense, to take with him during the lockout. Dorsey spent last week instructing Newton in the finer points of the offense, in addition to telling him the expectations and coaching methods of Chudzinski.

"The best way to describe it,'' said the quarterback coach who readied Newton for his pre-draft workouts, George Whitfield, "is it's like an old pilot grooming a new pilot to take over his plane. The old pilot's teaching him about every one of the controls in the cockpit.''

It sounds smart and valuable. Compared to the other highly drafted quarterbacks, Newton ought to be as advanced as he can be when the lockout ends. How important will that be? We'll see, because there's going to be a tremendous amount of pressure on the Panthers to play Newton early.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/05/22/mmqb/index.html#ixzz1NBKDT7c9
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Cam's new mentor
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 09:32:25 AM »
A step down from Warren Moon.

Dorsey was a sick sick QB in college though. Not the best physical tools in the world, but he had brains and more brains. The U was practically unbeatable with him at the helm. I think he makes a great teacher. Remember, the best teachers in sports werent always the most physically gifted players.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 02:24:26 PM »
Dorsey was a sick sick QB in college though. Not the best physical tools in the world, but he had brains and more brains. The U was practically unbeatable with him at the helm. I think he makes a great teacher. Remember, the best teachers in sports werent always the most physically gifted players.

Some great coaches were average players.  More than a few never played at high levels.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 11:18:05 PM »
Some great coaches were average players.  More than a few never played at high levels.

Weis, Leach, O'Leary.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 06:47:56 AM »
Weis, Leach, O'Leary.

Chizik, Malzahn
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 09:34:34 AM »
Rhodes, Lee, Wilson...

What?  They were my high school coaches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 09:50:33 AM »
Rhodes, Lee, Wilson...

What?  They were my high school coaches.

Pelham?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 10:03:38 AM »
Pelham?

No, Montgomery. Mt. Meigs to be exact. He played his freshman year as a TE but graduated as a starting WR.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 10:12:37 AM »
No, Montgomery. Mt. Meigs to be exact. He played his freshman year as a TE but graduated as a starting WR.

Are you talking about Snaggle?  I was asking if he played at Pelham under Rick Rhodes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 10:21:41 AM »
Are you talking about Snaggle?  I was asking if he played at Pelham under Rick Rhodes.

I am pretty sure he doesn't know what snaggle is talking about...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 10:34:17 AM »
Pelham?

Your Jefferson Davis Volunteers.  Home of semi great wide outs named Wilson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Ogre

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 10:38:43 AM »

I may be giving simp too much credit here, but I believe he was stating that Snaggie went to juvi at Mount Meigs, where he came in with a tight anus (TE) and left with a stretched anus (WR) due to being anally raped so often.

It's not funny if you have to explain it.

Unless that's not what he was saying, and I'm simply fantasizing about anally raping Snaggie.  That's a possibility.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 10:41:55 AM »
I may be giving simp too much credit here, but I believe he was stating that Snaggie went to juvi at Mount Meigs, where he came in with a tight anus (TE) and left with a stretched anus (WR) due to being anally raped so often.

Unless that's not what he was saying, and I'm simply fantasizing about anally raping Snaggie.  That's a possibility.

Yep, that's what he meant but unfortunately, he was wrong.  Snaggie is the stretchER...not the stretchEE.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2011, 11:01:48 AM »

You are correct. I didn't think I needed to explain I was messing with Snaggle. Not to mention anyone who has lived in this State has probably heard such Mt. Meigs reference when they were in grade school.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 11:06:37 AM by djsimp41 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2011, 11:03:45 AM »
Yep, that's what he meant but unfortunately, he was wrong.  Snaggie is the stretchER...not the stretchEE.

So I guess you didn't play any at Center position either?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2011, 01:06:00 PM »

Maybe Snaggie went Georgia Washington Jr. High.  That's in MT. Meigs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2011, 01:25:38 PM »

The bus rides out there from Cloverdale to play football sucked...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2011, 01:33:48 PM »
Prattville > Montgomery > Auburn Basketball > Duke Basketball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2011, 01:40:39 PM »

My Montgomery schoolifying went

Romeo & Juliet Kindergarten
Dannelly Elementary 1st and 2nd
Montgomery Academy 3rd -6th
St. James 7th and 8th (Got kicked out)
Cloverdale to finish 8th then 9th
Jeff Davis 10th-12th
AUM for summer semester
Auburn University for ooohh about 6 years
Jones School of teh Attorneys
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2011, 04:49:23 PM »
Jones School of teh Attorneys

Tigers X attorney's agree
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions