Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Zombies!

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
Zombies!
« on: May 19, 2011, 10:54:02 PM »
http://emergency.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp

The forgot the firearms from their list...  Losers!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Zombies!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 07:01:19 AM »
http://emergency.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp

The forgot the firearms from their list...  Losers!

There is no need for them to list firearm because they plan on having all of them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 10:03:21 AM »
I also have included a bus in my kit, in order to save some fools who think a mountain hideout would be a good zombie plan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 10:07:06 AM »
I also have included a bus in my kit, in order to save some fools who think a mountain hideout would be a good zombie plan.

I actually think the best plan of action if it were available would be a nuclear aircraft carrier.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 10:29:11 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 10:09:34 AM »
I actually the best plan of action if it were available would be an nuclear aircraft carrier.

Similar to my plan actually...my plan is Rykers Island and you sir are welcome to join....however if you were able to secure said aircraft carrier, I am with you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 10:16:42 AM »
Similar to my plan actually...my plan is Rykers Island and you sir are welcome to join....however if you were able to secure said aircraft carrier, I am with you.

Not being nitpicky but isn't that place designed to keep motherfuckers in?  Although there has to be some pretty good control points.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 10:24:18 AM »
Not being nitpicky but isn't that place designed to keep motherfuckers in?  Although there has to be some pretty good control points.

Once you got the island cleaned out I figure its the safest place you can be.  Surrounded by water...last time I check Zombies can't swim.  Walls and like you said control points.  Have to have a boat to go and get supplies from time to time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 10:24:42 AM »
Don't forget rule #4...wear your seatbelt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 10:27:40 AM »
Don't forget rule #4...wear your seatbelt.

No surprise that the fatties will be the first to go.

Cardio.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 10:29:33 AM »
No surprise that the fatties will be the first to go.

Cardio.

Rule #115: Never walk away from a crasher in a funny jacket. Oh wait
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2011, 10:42:20 AM »
Hijack:  I bought "The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead" for our Dirty Santa dept Xmas party.  Only two others than myself got it and appreciated it. /Hijack

Wait, doesn't someone on here have a nice boat?.....zombies can't swim.......hmmmm?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2011, 10:53:20 AM »
Hijack:  I bought "The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead" for our Dirty Santa dept Xmas party.  Only two others than myself got it and appreciated it. /Hijack

Wait, doesn't someone on here have a nice boat?.....zombies can't swim.......hmmmm?
Yeah, but you wouldn't want to take your kids on it.  I hear it's pretty dangerous.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2011, 11:10:10 AM »
Once you got the island cleaned out I figure its the safest place you can be.  Surrounded by water...last time I check Zombies can't swim. Walls and like you said control points.  Have to have a boat to go and get supplies from time to time.

No but they can walk along bottom.  You would have to pick an island with deep enough water so that the zombies would be crushed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2011, 11:21:15 AM »
No but they can walk along bottom.  You would have to pick an island with deep enough water so that the zombies would be crushed.

Damn you and your facts!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2011, 11:24:06 AM »
This is why I can't wait till the next series of the 'Walking Dead" comes on TV. You can get some pretty decent pointers of what to do and not to do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2011, 11:26:03 AM »

Well see this is a whole different conversation.  What is the crush depth for a zombie?  Seems like we need to ask these questions of the CDC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 11:33:30 AM »
The only way to complete destroy a zombie is to crush its entire head.  Otherwise the disassembled parts will still try and reanimate themselves...

Per Monster Hunter International, the preiminent monster erradication company on the planet:

There are many different variations of undead, with your basic zombie being the simplest of all. A zombie is just an animated corpse, wandering around in search of one thing: flesh. The big problem with zombies is that they multiply like rabbits. Their bites are always eventually fatal, and the bitten always rise as zombies themselves. Their poison travels instantly through the nervous system, and not even amputation of the bitten limb can stop the transformation. Basically, they're a major pain in the ass, the Monster Hunter's equivalent to cockroaches. Usually stupid, and normally slow, zombies are not much of a challenge for an experienced Hunter, provided that said Hunter has a decent gun and friends with guns.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2011, 11:38:13 AM »
The only way to complete destroy a zombie is to crush its entire head.  Otherwise the disassembled parts will still try and reanimate themselves...

Well see we are back to needing to know the crush depth of a zombie. 

We're dealing with some serious shit here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2011, 11:53:01 AM »
What about people that couldn't swim before they were infected?  Would they just automatically learn the ability to swim?  Or are the zombies just not buoyant at all?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2011, 12:55:20 PM »
Ok first of all who are we assuming the can walk under the water?  Uhhh what keeps them from floating, is that a special zombie power fighting the laws of buoyancy? Second, pretty sure they can't make a swimming motion, so even if they walked in the water they would just kind of bob and dloat there.  I guess it is possible through the tides that they could get to where I was at.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum