Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Bin Laden has assumed room temp!

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
Re: Bin Laden has assumed room temp!
« Reply #140 on: May 03, 2011, 10:28:55 AM »
As for being pissed that his body was disposed of within 24 hours because it adhered to Muslim standards...

that is not the message we want to send. This is taking care of business. Anything more flagrant would be no better than Al Queda themselves. And we're an actual country, not a terrorist organization.

Well, it seems that the Muslim community isn't happy with Barry's interpretation of Muslim standards either...
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jG7UJ7x8ozawcWS0Y1tE6OChe3Jw?docId=7079d8b79ab04465a1030dfaf9e04510

Muslim clerics said Monday that Osama bin Laden's burial at sea was a violation of Islamic tradition that may further provoke militant calls for revenge attacks against American targets.

Bacon may have been a better idea afterall. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #141 on: May 03, 2011, 10:42:47 AM »
Something overlooked....rumor has it a lot of the info came from Guantanamo. You know the place Barry shut down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #142 on: May 03, 2011, 10:47:59 AM »
Coming from a Leftist paper...
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2011/05/osama-bin-laden-dead.html

Umm, Andrew Malcolm was the press secretary for Republican Governor Marc Racicot, and was deputy communications manager for the Bush presidential campaign.

But regardless of who is complaining about Obama's speech, I still don't see it, aside from a couple of sentences.  For the majority of the speech, he focused on "America" and "we," and explicitly gave praise to the military forces for their success, not his own.  Again, not a perfect speech, but everyone is overreacting as if he just jerked off to his own photograph on stage or something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #143 on: May 03, 2011, 11:02:19 AM »
Again, not a perfect speech, but everyone is overreacting as if he just jerked off to his own photograph on stage or something.

That is so stupid...everyone knows he does that off-stage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #144 on: May 03, 2011, 11:09:15 AM »
Umm, Andrew Malcolm was the press secretary for Republican Governor Marc Racicot, and was deputy communications manager for the Bush presidential campaign.

But regardless of who is complaining about Obama's speech, I still don't see it, aside from a couple of sentences.  For the majority of the speech, he focused on "America" and "we," and explicitly gave praise to the military forces for their success, not his own.  Again, not a perfect speech, but everyone is overreacting as if he just jerked off to his own photograph on stage or something.

It doesn't matter what you think....

And besides that, you're wrong. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Vandy Vol

« Reply #145 on: May 03, 2011, 11:13:35 AM »
It doesn't matter what you think....

And besides that, you're wrong.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #146 on: May 03, 2011, 11:22:13 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #147 on: May 03, 2011, 11:31:58 AM »
What is the Rock cooking? I can never smell it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Vandy Vol

« Reply #148 on: May 03, 2011, 11:34:54 AM »
What is the Rock cooking? I can never smell it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #149 on: May 03, 2011, 11:37:07 AM »
I will give Barry props for calling President Bush to let him know.  But he called Clinton too, so that is kind of a wash - and kind of unnecessary since you know Hillary had already told him...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #150 on: May 03, 2011, 11:45:08 AM »
I don't like Obama, but I'm also not one of the ones that always looks for something negative in anything he says, or anything like that. However, I also did not appreciate his tone for some of the speech. I didn't like how much he involved his actions in the speech, and how it seemed like the mentioning of our armed forces was but a footnote to the success of the mission. Yes, we know that as Commander in Chief, you made some decisions to make this happen. That's something that is understood that goes without saying. So let our armed forces have this one.

Politicians-
Mission goes bad-     There were mistakes that were made. I will find out where.
Mission goes good-   I made Decisions   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #151 on: May 03, 2011, 11:45:40 AM »

Well, harumph, harumph, harumph...  I really don't see where everyone is overreacting.  I mean, aside from a couple of sentences, you gurlz are whining louder in here than what I'm hearing and reading elsewhere.  Again, congratulations to the President for continuing most of GWB's policies in the War on Terror. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Vandy Vol

« Reply #152 on: May 03, 2011, 11:50:05 AM »
Well, harumph, harumph, harumph...  I really don't see where everyone is overreacting.  I mean, aside from a couple of sentences, you gurlz we are whining louder in here than what I'm hearing and reading elsewhere.  Again, congratulations to the President for continuing most of GWB's policies in the War on Terror.

My point exactly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #153 on: May 03, 2011, 11:51:08 AM »
I didn't get a harumph out of that guy
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #154 on: May 03, 2011, 12:05:11 PM »
I didn't get a harumph out of that guy
You watch your ass
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #155 on: May 03, 2011, 12:21:18 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #156 on: May 03, 2011, 12:25:00 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #157 on: May 03, 2011, 12:27:46 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Vandy Vol

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #159 on: May 03, 2011, 01:25:36 PM »
On a smaller scale, take our fire department for example.

In any leadership/incident command/fire officer type classes you take, they teach you alot of things. One of the things they teach you is basically, the art of mind fucking.

..insert movie quotes here..

Anyway, one of the things they teach you is to never take credit for shit. Especially in front of your people. And if the situation is unavoidable, you reflect as much of that back on your people no matter what. Even if they didn't do shit. Your people were the ones that made this accomplishment happen, not you. You avoid using "I" as much as possible, and pour on the "us" and "we". Using this approach with your people builds rapport in their minds, and it makes them more eager to work for you. It makes them want to follow you.

Like I said, the only two issues I really had with his speech was the way he seemingly patted his own back for half of the speech, and made our armed forces a footnote, or afterthought. We know you made some decisions. You're the Commander in Chief. We get it. No reason to tout that when you could just as easily say "Intelligence was presented to us in August, and through due diligence, that intelligence gave us the opportunity to find OBL, and carry out a successful mission today."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler