Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Bin Laden has assumed room temp!

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Bin Laden has assumed room temp!
« Reply #120 on: May 03, 2011, 12:13:29 AM »
Yes, The Commander in Chief does give the final order/go ahead in this and other instances.  So, he can say I all he wants to because it's proper English.  Also, if he would've "brought it home", there would've been people that would've had a problem with that too.  It's the Cam Newton Effect.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #121 on: May 03, 2011, 12:19:38 AM »
Yes, The Commander in Chief does give the final order/go ahead in this and other instances.  So, he can say I all he wants to because it's proper English.  Also, if he would've "brought it home", there would've been people that would've had a problem with that too.  It's the Cam Newton Effect.

We've already established that GWB is Cam.  That makes Obama Mark Ingram, I guess.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #122 on: May 03, 2011, 12:21:07 AM »
I don't like Obama, but I'm also not one of the ones that always looks for something negative in anything he says, or anything like that. However, I also did not appreciate his tone for some of the speech. I didn't like how much he involved his actions in the speech, and how it seemed like the mentioning of our armed forces was but a footnote to the success of the mission. Yes, we know that as Commander in Chief, you made some decisions to make this happen. That's something that is understood that goes without saying. So let our armed forces have this one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #123 on: May 03, 2011, 12:26:17 AM »
I don't like Obama, but I'm also not one of the ones that always looks for something negative in anything he says, or anything like that. However, I also did not appreciate his tone for some of the speech. I didn't like how much he involved his actions in the speech, and how it seemed like the mentioning of our armed forces was but a footnote to the success of the mission. Yes, we know that as Commander in Chief, you made some decisions to make this happen. That's something that is understood that goes without saying. So let our armed forces have this one.

Holy shit.  I say something nice about Hillary and now I agree with the bammer.  Damn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #124 on: May 03, 2011, 12:28:10 AM »
Holy shit.  I say something nice about Hillary and now I agree with the bammer.  Damn.

You might want to call the devil and see if hell has frozen over.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #125 on: May 03, 2011, 12:28:57 AM »
A couple of things.

Why deserve an 'atta boy'? Because he is the current commander in chief. He refocused the US efforts to Afghanistan & Pakistan, instead of tooling around in Iraq. He authorized the attack on Bin Laden's compound.

I mean, I'd buy the guy that pulled the trigger a beer first, but I wouldn't follow it with a kick to Obama's face.

Can we not, as a country, just effing be happy together for once? Do we have to divide the country with this type of petty bullpoop?

Take it easy there, Sweatpea.  I think that everyone is thrilled that the Obama authorized the attack and that we managed to kill Bin Laden under Obama's watch.  Nobody is questioning that.  Congratulations to everyone, including the President.  To hell with a beer, I'll buy these guys a bottle of McAllan 25 year Scotch. 

To me, this country is a complete reverse of where it was shortly after Septemeber 11th. Right wingers are the new Cindy Shehans. You hate your commander in chief so much that absolutely nothing they do deserves anything but contempt. To me, you're no patriot if you hate the President of the United States so much that you can't just celebrate poop like this. I said it to liberals when they were less than overjoyed when Saddam Hussein was killed. Now it's conservatives that would rather see America fail than to give the President any credit for anything positive.

After all of the horse squeeze rhetoric spewed by the Left campaigning against GWB's policies, you don't "feel" that we're playing nice when we take a jab at the President for continuing the policies that he vowed so vehemently to change?  Cindy Shehans???  No patriotic American wants to see the country fail.  Yes, we do want Barry to fail, but Barry's failures to implement his espoused values and policies is a success for America.  He continued most of GWB's policies in the War on Terror, and we found and killed Bin Laden.  Excellent job! 

This is the same guy that many of you were saying was going to be such a foreign affairs pussy that surely we were going to have the Taliban headquartered here in the US. eff that. He just finished what we never could under Bush. Take out Public Enemy #1. The man most responsible for 9/11. That deserves praise.

I'm certain that everyone who is reasonable praised him, but does that mean we cannot continue to be critical?  I mean seriously; if this guy implemented the policies on which he campaigned, this would not have occurred.  Then, he has the balls to give a speech virtually praising himself...  I, I, I, I...  He's likely to have a helluva time winning back his antiwar constituents with that, but again, congratulations to him.

Meanwhile, Getmo's still open with the guests being tried under military tribunal... 
http://articles.cnn.com/2009-01-12/politics/obama.gitmo_1_president-elect-barack-obama-plans-prison-at-guantanamo-bay-military-prison?_s=PM:POLITICS

As for being pissed that his body was disposed of within 24 hours because it adhered to Muslim standards, first of all, they're not happy with the fact that he was buried at sea, and secondly, while it's cute to say we should have wrapped him in bacon and fed him to pigs, that is not the message we want to send. This is taking care of business. Anything more flagrant would be no better than Al Queda themselves. And we're an actual country, not a terrorist organization. If that's the standard you want to be held to, join the American equivalent, the Westboro Baptist Church. 

If you can't handle a little playful banter about a murdering SOB who deserves no respect by anyone, go play on the Advocate's forum where you can rub cocks and toss salad with your like-minded brothers.  Most of us aren't serious, so your holier-than-thou judgement is naive and unnecessary. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #126 on: May 03, 2011, 12:32:17 AM »
How about this?

After Obama had signed off on the operation, CIA Director Leon Panetta gave the official order around midday Sunday for the operation to commence, the Times reported.

"We have rid the world of the most infamous terrorist of our time," Panetta said in a statement Monday. "We gave President Obama and his team accurate, relevant, timely intelligence -- providing the information and insight they needed at key points as this mission developed."

But... but... but... I thought Obama made this decision all by his lonesome?  And that the CIA was de debil???  Like RWS says, let the CIA and the military have the credit they deserve.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #127 on: May 03, 2011, 12:33:38 AM »
Most of us aren't serious, so your holier-than-thou judgement is naive and unnecessary.

You're shitting me, right? 

What am I going to do with this 100-lb slab of bacon?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

« Reply #128 on: May 03, 2011, 12:39:52 AM »
Like RWS says, let the CIA and the military have the credit they deserve. 

Right on...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

GarMan

« Reply #129 on: May 03, 2011, 12:44:37 AM »
You're poopting me, right? 

What am I going to do with this 100-lb slab of bacon? 

NEVER waste bacon!
http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #130 on: May 03, 2011, 12:45:18 AM »
A couple of things.

Why deserve an 'atta boy'? Because he is the current commander in chief. He refocused the US efforts to Afghanistan & Pakistan, instead of dicking around in Iraq. He authorized the attack on Bin Laden's compound.
Oh, he refocused our efforts overseas. Because Bush said "fuck it, we're not hunting Bin Laden anymore", right? Even though the lead that ultimately led us to OBL was generated in the Bush era by all those mean ol' tactics authorized by the Bush administration at Gitmo. The same Gitmo that Obama pledged to close. Not saying this is all thanks to the Bush administration. That would be just as silly as saying Obama himself is responsible for killing OBL. Just saying, apparently the Bush administration was actively doing something.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #131 on: May 03, 2011, 12:52:29 AM »
"He's speakin' all...Uh...proper and junk."

"Yeah, he's talkin' like....Uh....like a fag."

On a serious note, The Prowler is mad that Pres. Obama didn't thank former Pres. George Washington.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #132 on: May 03, 2011, 01:07:44 AM »
Meh...I see more "we," "us," "our," "United States," America(ns)," etc., than I do "I," "me," "my," and so on.  And most of the usages of "I" seem pretty factual to me.  I mean, he is the one at the podium reporting this, isn't he?  He did call President Zardari, didn't he?  As Commander in Chief, he was the one responsible for making the determination about this military action, wasn't he?

Now, I will agree that stating the operation was carried out at "his direction" was rather misleading.  Contextually, I can see where he was likely referring to the fact that the decision to take on this military action was his, but grammatically, it was poorly delivered.  Similarly, calling it "my" team is rather odd.

But let's be honest...he's the Commander in Chief.  When a military briefing occurs, it's for the President's benefit so that he can make a decision based upon the advice and information from military advisors and officials.  Kudos to the United States military for being world renown bad asses, but the decision to put them to use had to come from somewhere.

I'm not saying that Obama should be praised for that decision, as I'm pretty sure it would have been a simple decision to make:

Quote from: Military Advisors
"Sir, our intel has informed us of Bin Laden's location, and we've got all of the bad assery we need to kill him."

Quote from: O-Brahman Bull-Shit
"Go."

Let's not forget that it was very clearly stated that "the United States has conducted an operation that killed Osama bin Laden," that a "small team of Americans carried out the operation with extraordinary courage and capability," and that "we give thanks to the countless intelligence and counterterrorism professionals who’ve worked tirelessly to achieve this outcome."

Perfect speech?  No, but I certainly don't think all of this "me, me, me" blame being put on Obama is warranted.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 01:10:07 AM by Vandy Vol »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #133 on: May 03, 2011, 01:08:45 AM »
"He's speakin' all...Uh...proper and junk."

"Yeah, he's talkin' like....Uh....like a fag."

On a serious note, The Prowler is mad that Pres. Obama didn't thank former Pres. George Washington.

Your tuse is obbed the fuck up, dude. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #134 on: May 03, 2011, 01:13:30 AM »
Perfect speech?  No, but I certainly don't think all of this "me, me, me" blame being put on Obama is warranted.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #135 on: May 03, 2011, 01:17:35 AM »

Actually, I'm a McGillicuddy Serious Party Pinko.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

JR4AU

« Reply #136 on: May 03, 2011, 08:38:01 AM »
I whacked my doppleganger.  I might do it again.

Exactly my point!  Wait...

Seriously...if it had gone bad, and BO had said "I fucked up", "it was MY fault",  "I take all the blame".  You'd have no problem with that would you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #137 on: May 03, 2011, 08:57:07 AM »

Seriously...if it had gone bad, and BO had said "I fucked up", "it was MY fault",  "I take all the blame".  You'd have no problem with that would you?

Isn't that what good coaches and good leaders do? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #138 on: May 03, 2011, 09:38:58 AM »

I actually would applaud him if this had happened.  One of the few things Carter did right was take the blame for that clusterfuck operation Eagle Claw. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GarMan

« Reply #139 on: May 03, 2011, 10:00:07 AM »
Meh...I see more "we," "us," "our," "United States," America(ns)," etc., than I do "I," "me," "my," and so on.  And most of the usages of "I" seem pretty factual to me...

Coming from a Leftist paper...
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2011/05/osama-bin-laden-dead.html

So while some of you are running to the Obama's rescue from those baaaaad-ole-right-wingers, even the Left is recognizing the administration's selfpromotion campaign.  Perhaps, much of this "I-and-me" is factual, but they did take advantage of an opportunity to take more credit than ordinarily appropriate or deserved in a situation such as this. 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 10:01:12 AM by GarMan »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions