Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

NFL Draft Thread

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
Re: NFL Draft Thread
« Reply #140 on: April 29, 2011, 12:24:06 PM »
At this time, your honor,  I'd like to enter into evidence Defense Exhibit 8,  the 1992 Alabama Crimson Tide.

The Prosecution would like to point out that the 1992 Bama team included QB Jay Barker (Golden Arm Award, 5th in Heisman voting), WR David Palmer (All-American, 3rd in Heisman voting), RB Derrick Lassic (no notable awards, but 905 yards in rushing for the season), and various other solid offensive players which allowed the Tide to average 362 yards per game and 5 yards per play.  Their defense was stellar, but was not the only strong point of the team.

Meanwhile, the Lions have an RB who only accumulated 555 yards last season, a starting QB in Stafford who only threw for 535 yards largely due to missing games from injury, and an offensive line that allowed 44 sacks.  Calvin Johnson's only year in which he hasn't been injured was 2010 (aside from his 2007 rookie year in which he played one game), and Pettigrew, while a good tight end, has problems dropping the ball.  Led by Matthew "Glass Shoulder" Stafford and an O-line that can't block, I just don't see the offense being able to assist the defense in the way that the 1992 Alabama team did.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #141 on: April 29, 2011, 01:02:35 PM »
If they address the line, Stafford is going to be a huge part in getting that team back to respectability.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #142 on: April 29, 2011, 01:23:47 PM »
At this time, your honor,  I'd like to enter into evidence Defense Exhibit 8,  the 1992 Alabama Crimson Tide.
Just because their salaries were comparable doesn't mean that D would have worked in the NFL...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #143 on: April 29, 2011, 01:25:08 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #144 on: April 29, 2011, 01:35:08 PM »
Just because their salaries were comparable doesn't mean that D would have worked in the NFL...

:classic:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #145 on: April 29, 2011, 01:57:25 PM »
:haha:

Defense rests.

Not all successful college QB's go on to do well in the NFL, but it doesn't mean that they weren't successful in college.  Cases in point:  Todd Blackledge, Andre Ware, David Klingler, Ty Detmer, Heath Shuler, Tim Couch, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, and Ryan Leaf.

Despite the fact that Barker didn't cut it in the NFL, this doesn't change the fact that he excelled at the collegiate level and was part of the reason that Alabama did well in 1992.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #146 on: April 29, 2011, 02:01:32 PM »
Not all successful college QB's go on to do well in the NFL, but it doesn't mean that they weren't successful in college.  Cases in point:  Todd Blackledge, Andre Ware, David Klingler, Ty Detmer, Heath Shuler, Tim Couch, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, and Ryan Leaf.

Despite the fact that Barker didn't cut it in the NFL, this doesn't change the fact that he excelled at the collegiate level and was part of the reason that Alabama did well in 1992.

Has nothing to do with his lack of pro success.  Nothing.  Also has nothing to do with the fact that he was knocked senseless as a member of the Birmingham Bolts (large guffaw).

He did not excel at the college level.   He was a barely functional quarterback who had no arm and no ability to run.  Plus?  His teammates loathed him.  Their hatred of all things Barker is why they felt no remorse running trains on his girlfriend who became his tennis ball gobbling wifey.

And now he's the most sanctimonious double cuckold douchebag on the radio.  Zero talent, big mouth. 

Fuck Jay Barker.  And his tennis pro banging ex.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 02:02:56 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #147 on: April 29, 2011, 02:10:11 PM »

Exhibit 9: The 2000 Baltimore Ravens.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #148 on: April 29, 2011, 02:13:42 PM »
Has nothing to do with his lack of pro success.  Nothing.  Also has nothing to do with the fact that he was knocked senseless as a member of the Birmingham Bolts (large guffaw).

He did not excel at the college level.   He was a barely functional quarterback who had no arm and no ability to run.  Plus?  His teammates loathed him.  Their hatred of all things Barker is why they felt no remorse running trains on his girlfriend who became his tennis ball gobbling wifey.

And now he's the most sanctimonious double cuckold douchebag on the radio.  Zero talent, big mouth. 

I'm not claiming that Barker was some god-like one-man army that raped and pillaged entire defense's with only his left testicle.  But I think it's a little extreme to say he had zero talent when he put up pretty good stats and won awards based upon his performance.  The major point here was that Alabama's defense in 1992 had some offensive talent to help the team out; they weren't doing it all by themselves.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #149 on: April 29, 2011, 02:21:16 PM »
Exhibit 9: The 2000 Baltimore Ravens.

Now that's a better example.  The Ravens' offense didn't have many big name players, aside from Trent Dilfer (sort of).  But they did manage to put up decent offensive numbers, as they ranked as the 14th best offense and were 14th in points scored.  The Lions ranked 15th in both categories in 2010, but their defense ranked 19th, unlike the Ravens' number one ranked defense.  I don't know that the addition of two rookie defensive phenoms (one of which is just conjecture right now)  is going to skyrocket their defensive ranking so that it's comparable to the Ravens in 2000, although it's possible.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #150 on: April 29, 2011, 02:40:22 PM »

Yeesh.  Careful, K.  Jay may call you and leave a voicemail calling you a demon and a servant of Satan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #151 on: April 29, 2011, 02:44:55 PM »

Jay Barker's best season, 1995: 12 GP 139 Comp  226 Att.  61.5%  1996 Yds.  14 TD/5 Int  166.3 YPG, 8.8 YPA, 151.7 QBR

Got him invited to NY for the Heisman ceremony, where he finished 5th.

Compare to Weurffel's Heisman/NC winning numbers the very next season: 207 of 365 57.5%, 3625 Yards, 39 TDs/13 Ints.

Not even in the same ball park. 

Barker is a douche and a hack at QB.  He was lucky enough to be on a team surrounded with talent, mostly on the Def. side of the ball.  And being so naive, he married a whore thinking she was chaste.  He got what he deserved as far as I'm concerned.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #152 on: April 29, 2011, 02:50:46 PM »

The others are arguable, but its pretty known that Klingler, Ware and Detmer were system QB's. Fucking Run n Shoot bullshit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #153 on: April 29, 2011, 02:58:38 PM »
The others are arguable, but its pretty known that Klingler, Ware and Detmer were system QB's. Fucking Run n Shoot bullshit.

Detmer played at BYU, in a college version of the WCO.  Pretty much the same as Steve Young played in.

The other 2, yeah. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #154 on: April 29, 2011, 03:24:54 PM »
Yeesh.  Careful, K.  Jay may call you and leave a voicemail calling you a demon and a servant of Satan.

He can place that call from hell, where sanctimonious holier-than-thou douchebags will be surprised to find themselves. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #155 on: April 29, 2011, 03:39:40 PM »
He can place that call from hell, where sanctimonious holier-than-thou douchebags will be surprised to find themselves.

:haha:

:bc:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #156 on: April 29, 2011, 04:28:57 PM »
From everything I hear people saying about Barker, I'm glad I have no access to hear him down here in the Wiregrass..the Circle City...the Axis of the Universe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #157 on: April 29, 2011, 04:53:37 PM »
Bingo
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #158 on: April 29, 2011, 06:24:44 PM »
Dowling to Patriots.
Aaron Williams (Texas CB) to Buffalo.
Andy Dalton (TCU) to Cincinnati. 

Mallett still smoking meth. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #159 on: April 29, 2011, 06:26:04 PM »
Colin SuperTall from Nevada to San Francisco. 

Another QB gone.

Mallett still drinking Natty Lights in his trailer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions