Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

NFL Draft Thread

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: NFL Draft Thread
« Reply #160 on: April 29, 2011, 06:41:11 PM »
I am about mallet as I was about Ingram.

No Mallet does not look like an Ewok. 

But... He has one major flaw. 

Ingram is a quitter.  He's fine as the friont runner.  But hit him in the mouth? He needs a diaper and pacifier. 

Mallet is a loser.   Time and time again when Arkansas needed him to make a play to win a game, Mallet choked like George Michael on a bag of dicks.  He can make throws but he cannot win under pressure. 

I wouldn't draft either a pussy or a loser. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #161 on: April 29, 2011, 07:09:27 PM »
Not sure I'm going to keep up with this one.  Not feeling it now that the big Auburn guys are off the board.

Sheard to Cleveland.
Ryan Williams to Arizona.
Akeem Ayers to the Titans.  Big pick up for Tennessee.
Bruce Carter to the Cowboys.
Jarvis Jenkins (Clemson DT) to the Redskins.
Da'Quan Bowers - Texans.  (Strange considering they took JJ Watt and have Mario Williams.)
Kyle Rudolph to the Vikings
Titus Young to the Lions. 

ESPN.com had a typo. 

Brooks Reed went to the Texans.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 07:33:10 PM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #162 on: April 29, 2011, 07:10:44 PM »
Raheem Moore to Denver. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #163 on: April 29, 2011, 08:47:31 PM »
THS, I've been out and busy, has have we had any more drafted?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #164 on: April 29, 2011, 09:16:54 PM »
THS, I've been out and busy, has have we had any more drafted?

Not any yet.

Mallett goes 10th pick in the 3rd to the Patriots.

Bowers went to the Buccs late in the 2nd, I think, may have been early 3rd.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #165 on: April 29, 2011, 10:11:21 PM »
I'm having a hard time understanding why Zeimba isn't being looked at or mentioned with the other big time prospects.  Is it because of my orange and blue glasses?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #166 on: April 29, 2011, 10:49:52 PM »
I'm having a hard time understanding why Zeimba isn't being looked at or mentioned with the other big time prospects.  Is it because of my orange and blue glasses?

Last I heard, he didn't test well, and he struggled a lot at the Senior Bowl - or whatever all star game he participated in. 

I'm surprised he didn't go in the 3rd round though.  He may need some work, but he's still an experienced, talented big man that has never been seriously injured.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #167 on: April 30, 2011, 08:24:57 AM »
Last I heard, he didn't test well, and he struggled a lot at the Senior Bowl - or whatever all star game he participated in. 

I'm surprised he didn't go in the 3rd round though.  He may need some work, but he's still an experienced, talented big man that has never been seriously injured.
TH
I halfway expected Ziemba be taken later. Everyone can't be James Carpenter. How do they explain it? ..."and he can play guard and tackle." Well Big Z is a TE. He looked like a giant hailing a cab but he did line up there. Pugh's going to make it too just like Chris Gray did playing all three spots but our guys just aren't wowing anybody.

I don't know, I'm waivering on the Wholee pick by the Falcons because it took awhile for the loss of picks to set in but the Falcons really only lacked two pieces last season and I start to think about his injury prone career and how that might worsen (if it's roids) plus he had many so-so games where he all but disappeared, the T.O. effect. And Atlanta could have done the same for homeboy A.J. Green and didn't.

GH
Dallas did not go after Prince Amankara -eh as expected and took a tackle, where I remarked somewhere around the third or fourth game of 2010 that they would take Ziemba in the fifth round. He could now end up at Washington with 12 picks, who knows?

K
I think Jay Cutler is the quitter.
The only problem I have with Mallett is he is a stationary target when defenses bring the heat and he'll toss a dying quail up for grabs. But he might become the next project (Matt Cassell) and eventual trade bait at New England and I think they see some added value in this choice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #168 on: April 30, 2011, 09:45:34 AM »

He was projected as a late rounder...4th or 5th.  I thought originally he'd go higher too.  Ziemba doesn't come from poor white trash...his situation could be lack of motivation.  He's projected as a RT...he just isn't a well polished product, and you can't carry a bunch of reserve OL on an NFL roster.  A drafted OL has to come in and play well now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #169 on: April 30, 2011, 09:56:22 AM »
He was projected as a late rounder...4th or 5th.  I thought originally he'd go higher too.  Ziemba doesn't come from poor white trash...his situation could be lack of motivation.  He's projected as a RT...he just isn't a well polished product, and you can't carry a bunch of reserve OL on an NFL roster.  A drafted OL has to come in and play well now.

Ok I can understand that, so what about Pugh?  He seems to me like a much better choice for C than Pouncey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #170 on: April 30, 2011, 11:12:46 AM »
Ok I can understand that, so what about Pugh?  He seems to me like a much better choice for C than Pouncey.

Size I would bet.  And Pouncey got ripped by fans for bad snaps early last year, but he'd been playing G his whole career next to his brother.  A good shotgun snap doesn't just happen, it has to be practiced...a lot.  I suspect the UF staff didn't pay close enough attention that detail when they moved him.  It's an oversight any coach at that level could make, just assuming he can do it.   Pouncey is very good and is bigger. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #171 on: April 30, 2011, 03:04:51 PM »
Pugh isn't even listed among the "draft prospects" on NFL.com. 

OTOH, it makes me wonder about Ziemba.  8 OL have been drafted that graded lower than him.  A grade NFL.com uses that it says is: "Expert assigned grade based on estimated Draft quality" 

He's currently the highest rated available OL left. 

The highest rated OL was USC's Tyron Smith, with a grade of 8.3.  Ziemba's grade is 6.0.  LSU's Joseph Barksdale was taken in the 3rd round with a grade of 4.9.   FSU's Rodney Hudson was taken in the 2nd round with a 6.2 grade.  Some of that factors in to whether they're Gs or Ts I guess.

Makes me wonder if the NFL guys detected a lack of motivation in Ziemba. 
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 03:08:29 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #172 on: April 30, 2011, 03:26:26 PM »
Maybe he actually got drafted on Wednesday night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

jmar

« Reply #173 on: April 30, 2011, 03:32:52 PM »
Pugh isn't even listed among the "draft prospects" on NFL.com. 

OTOH, it makes me wonder about Ziemba.  8 OL have been drafted that graded lower than him.  A grade NFL.com uses that it says is: "Expert assigned grade based on estimated Draft quality" 

He's currently the highest rated available OL left. 

The highest rated OL was USC's Tyron Smith, with a grade of 8.3.  Ziemba's grade is 6.0.  LSU's Joseph Barksdale was taken in the 3rd round with a grade of 4.9.   FSU's Rodney Hudson was taken in the 2nd round with a 6.2 grade.  Some of that factors in to whether they're Gs or Ts I guess.

Makes me wonder if the NFL guys detected a lack of motivation in Ziemba.
I agree JR.
A childhood friend of mine's brother at 6'8" and 290 turned out to be a tremendous left tackle protecting Dan Fouts many years ago, very similar in stature and movement to Z, every bit as durable, with lengthy reach and foot movement though lacking in nastiness. I still think Ziemba makes it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #174 on: April 30, 2011, 03:42:08 PM »
Looking like a real stupid move by Darvin right now.  He would have been THE guy next year.  First option.  But whatever. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #175 on: April 30, 2011, 03:51:13 PM »
How many people from Clemson have been drafted?  Why did they suck so bad?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #176 on: April 30, 2011, 04:04:22 PM »
Ziemba, Adams and Powe should be among next couple of dozen according to several draft blogs I'm eyeing.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #177 on: April 30, 2011, 04:08:30 PM »
Looking like a real stupid move by Darvin right now.  He would have been THE guy next year.  First option.  But whatever.

Yep, seems so.  FWIW, his draft grade wasn't good.  4.5 or something like that.  Mario Fannin was a 2.0.  LOL 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #178 on: April 30, 2011, 04:13:41 PM »
Yep, seems so.  FWIW, his draft grade wasn't good.  4.5 or something like that.  Mario Fannin was a 2.0.  LOL
Indy has a pick coming soon, New England  too.
Manning needs protection and
Welker needs understudy.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 04:26:54 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar