Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

NFL Draft Thread

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
Re: NFL Draft Thread
« Reply #120 on: April 28, 2011, 11:47:36 PM »
The Saints plan to sell the bloody hair to the voodoo shops on Rampart for use in their dark arts.  Win win for everyone.

Maybe they can earn enough money to buy Ingram a set of balls.

P.S. - I <3 you!  Don't kill me...or Jake Locker.  We need him to back up Kerry's geriatric ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2011, 12:15:40 AM »
Maybe they can earn enough money to buy Ingram a set of balls.

P.S. - I <3 you!  Don't kill me...or Jake Locker.  We need him to back up Kerry's geriatric ass.

Ingram?  Did you see what Reggie Bush just tweeted?

"It's been fun New Orleans."

Talk about your giant vaginas.  Ingram just became the Man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2011, 12:21:38 AM »
Ingram?  Did you see what Reggie Bush just tweeted?

"It's been fun New Orleans."

Talk about your giant vaginas.  Ingram just became the Man.

I've never had much respect for Reggie, but...wow.  I guess Ingram would just be a sore reminder for Reggie about that Heisman he lost.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2011, 12:37:42 AM »
Even Ponder and Gabbert went pretty quickly afterwards, and neither of them were expected to go before Locker.
Blaine Gabbert was expected to go high, higher than Locker.  Mike Mayock had Gabbert as the best QB in the history of the NFL Draft, in the History of the NFL period.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2011, 01:07:58 AM »
Blaine Gabbert was expected to go high, higher than Locker.  Mike Mayock had Gabbert as the best QB in the history of the NFL Draft, in the History of the NFL period.
this blew my mind to be honest. I think Jake is going to be better than Blaine. Blaine is shit, IMHO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

Vandy Vol

« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2011, 03:39:14 AM »

Ideally?  Yes.  Realistically?  No.  Because of the order of the draft, a few teams who needed a QB and who were seriously looking at Locker over Gabbert had higher picks than those teams that were more serious about Gabbert.  It was pretty much widely reported that Tennessee was either going to go with Fairley or Locker.

Jacksonville scheduled a pre-draft visit with Locker, but not Gabbert, and thus there didn't really appear to be any interest in Gabbert from the Jags.  It makes sense, considering that Jacksonville's offense has centered around Garrard, a rushing QB, and Gabbert just can't run; Locker can.

Similarly, Minnesota brought Locker in for a workout after seeing him at pro day, but didn't do the same with Gabbert (or at least I don't recall them doing so).  I'm not sure why, although I do know that various NFL coaches and personnel have stated that Locker's attitude and leadership personality were causing them to reconsider moving him up on their QB list (his "intangibles," as they called it), so maybe this is what Minnesota saw.

So yes, Gabbert was, in theory, poised to be the most "talented" QB, and thus would theoretically go higher in the draft, but in reality, the teams that needed QBs and picked early just weren't as interested in him, so no one (at least not me) realistically expected Gabbert to go higher than Locker.  This is especially the case given that Tennessee showed an extraordinary amount of interest in him, and Tennessee was the team with the earliest draft pick who desperately needed a QB (after Carolina, obviously).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #126 on: April 29, 2011, 03:50:44 AM »
this blew my mind to be honest. I think Jake is going to be better than Blaine. Blaine is shit, IMHO.
Jumbo and I were talking about how Blaine seems to be somewhat similar to Ryan Leaf.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #127 on: April 29, 2011, 03:55:53 AM »
Ideally?  Yes.  Realistically?  No.  Because of the order of the draft, a few teams who needed a QB and who were seriously looking at Locker over Gabbert had higher picks than those teams that were more serious about Gabbert.  It was pretty much widely reported that Tennessee was either going to go with Fairley or Locker.

Jacksonville scheduled a pre-draft visit with Locker, but not Gabbert, and thus there didn't really appear to be any interest in Gabbert from the Jags.  It makes sense, considering that Jacksonville's offense has centered around Garrard, a rushing QB, and Gabbert just can't run; Locker can.

Similarly, Minnesota brought Locker in for a workout after seeing him at pro day, but didn't do the same with Gabbert (or at least I don't recall them doing so).  I'm not sure why, although I do know that various NFL coaches and personnel have stated that Locker's attitude and leadership personality were causing them to reconsider moving him up on their QB list (his "intangibles," as they called it), so maybe this is what Minnesota saw.

So yes, Gabbert was, in theory, poised to be the most "talented" QB, and thus would theoretically go higher in the draft, but in reality, the teams that needed QBs and picked early just weren't as interested in him, so no one (at least not me) realistically expected Gabbert to go higher than Locker.  This is especially the case given that Tennessee showed an extraordinary amount of interest in him, and Tennessee was the team with the earliest draft pick who desperately needed a QB (after Carolina, obviously).
I agree, Locker is shitty but not as shitty as Blaine.

'cause if you ain't number 1, you're number 2...ain't nothin shittier than takin' a number 2.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #128 on: April 29, 2011, 05:33:44 AM »
Fairley is great pick by Lions. They just became "Fearsome."

Minnesota fucked up. They might as well of taken the baseball playing QB from Clemson not named Ponder or even the kid from Nevada that could play WR.

I like the Wholeo choice as a short to intermediate, crossing option for Ryan. That helps!

Titans have been falling faster than all others. I like the Locker choice though it is a strange one. I'm not a Gabbert fan. Mayock made him out to be better than Matthew Stafford and I don't see it.

Ingram will learn to drop that desperation screen from Brees. Bush certainly did.       

Greg McElroy is beside himself.
I hope he takes an AD position at "the university" so I don't have to listen to him on JOX.
There's a ball boy position open in Carolina if he wants to earn his spurs in the big leagues. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #129 on: April 29, 2011, 07:05:15 AM »
Fairley to the Lions is a phenomenal pick up for them.  I know it's hard to imagine but the Lions are threatening to climb out of the cellar.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #130 on: April 29, 2011, 08:52:42 AM »
Cameron Hayward to the Steelers.  DE from Ohio State.

I guess he'll be the next big name in the NFL.

I love this pick for the Steelers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #131 on: April 29, 2011, 08:53:58 AM »
Fairley to the Lions is a phenomenal pick up for them.  I know it's hard to imagine but the Lions are threatening to climb out of the cellar.

Especially with that D.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #132 on: April 29, 2011, 08:58:11 AM »
Cowboys fucked up picking up a OL with the #9 pick. They have the 6th rated offense in the NFL (most of the season without their starting QB), but are 26th on D against the pass. Yeah, lets pick up a 20 yr old OL from USC instead of a badass fucking CB, Prince Amakakryayallkdjiuiudiiioorrru from Nebraska. Makes a lot of sense Jerry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #133 on: April 29, 2011, 09:07:58 AM »
Hilarious. 

Saban's going to have to explain that face.  It definitely did not look like a "pleasantly surprised" expression.  It looked more like, "What the fuck?"
http://www.twitvid.com/QWMVM
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #134 on: April 29, 2011, 09:59:41 AM »
I'll let Nick Saban's quote do the announcment:

"James Carpenter?" says Saban while shaking his head with an incredulous smile.
Nobody expected Carpenter to go during the first round. Not even the biggest  :bamahomer: .
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #135 on: April 29, 2011, 10:37:45 AM »
So, what do the Lions do if Bowers falls to them in the 2nd?

The nastiest DLine of all time, but how much awesome is too much awesome?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #136 on: April 29, 2011, 10:42:09 AM »
So, what do the Lions do if Bowers falls to them in the 2nd?

The nastiest DLine of all time, but how much awesome is too much awesome?

I think the more appropriate question is, how much defense is needed to make up for no offense?  I'm pretty sure that their entire offensive roster is either slightly retarded or prone to injury.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #137 on: April 29, 2011, 10:53:06 AM »
I think the more appropriate question is, how much defense is needed to make up for no offense?  I'm pretty sure that their entire offensive roster is either slightly retarded or prone to injury.

At this time, your honor,  I'd like to enter into evidence Defense Exhibit 8,  the 1992 Alabama Crimson Tide. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #138 on: April 29, 2011, 11:16:51 AM »
Stafford is retarded and injury prone, yes...but Calvin Johnson is awesome.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #139 on: April 29, 2011, 11:18:48 AM »
Stafford is retarded and injury prone because he has to run for his life, yes...but Calvin Johnson is awesome.

Fixt
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."