Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Saban's statue

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Saban's statue
« on: April 18, 2011, 03:23:36 AM »
It looks absolutely ridiculous. 

The head is enormous.  It's obscenely out of proportion.  It looks more like Andy Griffith than Saban. 

On another note, the remainder of the statues (while laughable for a variety of other reasons) all display at least an attempt at a modicum of decency. 

Bryant, Stallings and Wade statues are all wearing coats and ties.  Bryant's hands are by his side. Stallings arms are folded. Wade's hands are behind his back.  The Thomas one (who never actually won a NC, but why quibble) is wearing coaching gear, but his hands are in his pockets.

And then there's big-head Nick's statue.   

Forget the fact that the head is absurdly large or that the fat-fingered hands look like enormous canned hams jabbed on the end of a two-by four. 

The statue is posed like he's clenching his ass to suppress a bubbling watery shit.  It looks like he's wearing one of Maude's used track suits.  Zero dignity.  It exhibits zero class.  What in the bleeding fuck were they trying to convey with this bronze monstrosity?  It looks absolutely stupid.  At least the rest of the statues make some effort at dignity.  None here. 

It really looks ridiculous.  Like an Andy Griffith balloon in the Macy's parade. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Saban's statue
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 05:14:40 AM »
You mean this statue?

The statue has been pissed on...AAAAHHHAHAHAHA!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 09:31:28 AM »
It looks absolutely ridiculous. 

The head is enormous.  It's obscenely out of proportion.  It looks more like Andy Griffith than Saban. 

On another note, the remainder of the statues (while laughable for a variety of other reasons) all display at least an attempt at a modicum of decency. 

Bryant, Stallings and Wade statues are all wearing coats and ties.  Bryant's hands are by his side. Stallings arms are folded. Wade's hands are behind his back.  The Thomas one (who never actually won a NC, but why quibble) is wearing coaching gear, but his hands are in his pockets.

And then there's big-head Nick's statue.   

Forget the fact that the head is absurdly large or that the fat-fingered hands look like enormous canned hams jabbed on the end of a two-by four. 

The statue is posed like he's clenching his ass to suppress a bubbling watery shit.  It looks like he's wearing one of Maude's used track suits.  Zero dignity.  It exhibits zero class.  What in the bleeding fuck were they trying to convey with this bronze monstrosity?  It looks absolutely stupid.  At least the rest of the statues make some effort at dignity.  None here. 

It really looks ridiculous.  Like an Andy Griffith balloon in the Macy's parade.
What did Andy Griffith do to deserve that comparison? I happen to like Sheriff Taylor.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 09:41:32 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 09:40:04 AM »
I thought it looked more like Jon Voigt from Varsity Blues.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 10:21:53 AM »
I thought it looked more like Jon Voigt from Varsity Blues.
You don't know anything about hard work and dedication.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 10:25:06 AM »
You don't know anything about hard work and dedication.
Never show weakness, the only pain that matters is the pain you inflict.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 10:46:49 AM »
Never show weakness, the only pain that matters is the pain you inflict.

Listen. You give 'em a Percocet, two Vicodin and a couple of beers, and the panties drop. It's very nice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 10:58:28 AM »
Listen. You give 'em a Percocet, two Vicodin and a couple of beers, and the panties drop. It's very nice.
Think you'll enjoy prison Tweeder?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 11:21:31 AM »
Think you'll enjoy prison Tweeder?

I don't know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 11:25:28 AM »
What did Andy Griffith do to deserve that comparison? I happen to like Sheriff Taylor.

I like Andy, too.  Force my daughter to watch the shows (only B&W ones) and tell me what lesson she learned. 

That statue looks like him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 11:34:20 AM »
I like Andy, too.  Force my daughter to watch the shows (only B&W ones) and tell me what lesson she learned. 

Look at the size of that boy's heed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 11:40:25 AM »

In color Andy and Opie just doesn't work.  Warren was an idiot that wasn't funny. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 12:22:46 PM »
In color Andy and Opie just doesn't work.  Warren was an idiot that wasn't funny.

Howard was an unneccesary character as well.

It just so happens also, that when Knotts left, the show went color shortly after. I think the shark was jumped when he left, not really when they went to color. The chemistry was gone. It just happened at the same time.

BTW - We fuck up every thread!  #winning
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 01:04:33 PM »
You mean this statue?

The statue has been pissed on...AAAAHHHAHAHAHA!!!!

Thats a good look for Saban, bag and all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 02:41:55 PM »

Howard was an unneccesary character as well.

It just so happens also, that when Knotts left, the show went color shortly after. I think the shark was jumped when he left, not really when they went to color. The chemistry was gone. It just happened at the same time.

BTW - We fuck up every thread!  #winning

Howard, Emmett, gawky half grown Opie,  Warren "huh? yeah, huh? yeah", too much of that snarky bitch Helen, too much Goober.... all that might could have been handled.  But then you add Sam and Mike? 

Pffffffffffttttttttttttt.... garbage. 

The color ones just don't have the same resonance.  I won't even watch them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2011, 02:52:04 PM »
Howard, Emmett, gawky half grown Opie,  Warren "huh? yeah, huh? yeah", too much of that snarky bitch Helen, too much Goober.... all that might could have been handled.  But then you add Sam and Mike? 

Pffffffffffttttttttttttt.... garbage. 

The color ones just don't have the same resonance.  I won't even watch them.

Completely forgot about Howard and Emmet....just tune out the color ones I guess. 

Helen needed a good hard fuck.  Maybe get her drunk and pull a train.  Goober was a good character early on, when he didn't factor in much...he wasn't good as an every episode character.  Floyd was horrible post stroke too. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2011, 02:57:27 PM »
Completely forgot about Howard and Emmet....just tune out the color ones I guess. 

Helen needed a good hard fuck.  Maybe get her drunk and pull a train.  Goober was a good character early on, when he didn't factor in much...he wasn't good as an every episode character.  Floyd was horrible post stroke too.

Agree on Helen. What a bitch. I always liked Ellie the lady drugist. Or Peggy the nurse. Peg had an ass that wouldnt quit. Andy woulda tore that hide up in the courthouse after hours. Him and Otis could've ran a train on that shit. Plus with Otis present, there would have been plenty of booze for everyone. And I think she would have liked it. Could you imagine Barney walking in on that?

B: ANDY ANDY!!! What are ya doin???? Where's ma bullet?

A: Ohhhh, nuthin Barn, just getting a lil slice of ass is all! Aint that right Otis??

O: Ghhherertttghbnbnmsndjhuyughydbbddferorrrijijihhhjjasdd
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2011, 02:59:59 PM »
Agree on Helen. What a bitch. I always liked Ellie the lady drugist. Or Peggy the nurse. Peg had an ass that wouldnt quit. Andy woulda tore that hide up in the courthouse after hours. Him and Otis could've ran a train on that shit. Plus with Otis present, there would have been plenty of booze for everyone. And I think she would have liked it. Could you imagine Barney walking in on that?

B: ANDY ANDY!!! What are ya doin???? Where's ma bullet?

A: Ohhhh, nuthin Barn, just getting a lil slice of ass is all! Aint that right Otis??

O: Ghhherertttghbnbnmsndjhuyughydbbddferorrrijijihhhjjasdd

Ellie was always my favorite of Andy's girls. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2011, 03:04:04 PM »
Ellie was always my favorite of Andy's girls.

The smart one. She played hard to get. And I liked it.

She had Andy chasing that poon all up and down Main Street in Mayberry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2011, 03:16:42 PM »
The eyes and smile got me...hers that is.  Do you think Andy really fucked her?

Another coupling that would be entertaining: Briscoe Darling and Aunt B.  Bricoe with B bent over the kitchen table screaming Oh! Oh! Oh, Mr Darling, well I nevah!  While Bricoe hits a steady beat with each stroke blowing on his jug.  "Oh", "shoooo", "Oh", "shoooo", while the boys play Let me be your Salty Dog.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions