Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - A-Day

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Thoughts - A-Day
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2011, 11:43:25 AM »
Alabama's A-Day showed that we have no kicking game, no WRs and still no one true standout at QB. But we are going to win the NC..................... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.  :facepalm:
You make too much sense.

This is actually good rationale. You have a lot of questions. TONS of talent, but lots of questions. Replacing a Heisman winner, a veteran QB, a STUD WR, a great DL among others. Thats a lot of experience and talent to replace in one year.  To me, Oklahoma looks to be on paper, a front runner. I think they will choke at some point as always. I think LSU or Arky could be a sleeper in the SEC race as well. If Bama's young talent can get up to speed quickly, they can be good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2011, 11:51:25 AM »
You make too much sense.

This is actually good rationale. You have a lot of questions. TONS of talent, but lots of questions. Replacing a Heisman winner, a veteran QB, a STUD WR, a great DL among others. Thats a lot of experience and talent to replace in one year.  To me, Oklahoma looks to be on paper, a front runner. I think they will choke at some point as always. I think LSU or Arky could be a sleeper in the SEC race as well. If Bama's young talent can get up to speed quickly, they can be good.

Losing wholeo will affect their run game because it will chang we how defenses play them.  New QB plus no proven stud WR equals stacked box until you prove you c as n pass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2011, 12:31:46 PM »
I feel like our defense will be fine. We did lose MD so we took a big hit on the DL but our back seven or eight look good. Our O-line looked good but that could have been because the defense was limited on the number of blitzes they could use. TR is the best player we have without a doubt. If he goes down we have no homerun hitter to speak of. I said this last year and it bit me in the behind but I do not think Arky can win the west. Our QB position may not be decided until the third game of the season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2011, 03:34:46 PM »
I think LSU or Arky could be a sleeper in the SEC race as well. If Bama's young talent can get up to speed quickly, they can be good.

I predict LSU to win it all, but that's just me.  I don't think anyone else out there is.  I agree if bamas younger kids step up, they will also be good.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2011, 03:47:58 PM »
Speaking of A-Day, did the majorettes wear the white boots? Buns?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.