Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Darren Woodruff? The Supporter??

Darren Woodruff? The Supporter??
« on: April 07, 2011, 01:00:21 PM »
Did he out himself on twitter this morning?  JL didn't say his name this morning on the radio...hmm..  You decide...

Follow: @Petrochem on twitter...

His tweet today following JL's broadcast (that didn't name him):

"I am going to say this one time. Before you write or say anything about me in the public you better have the facts."

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 01:02:23 PM by AuburnChopper »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Darren Woodruff? The Supporter??
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 01:21:27 PM »
Give him a break...he's just a poor old crippled man who loves to fish.

Wait...wrong "supporter"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 01:29:00 PM »
Why do you people hate athletic supporters?  They're a necessary part of any uniform and serve a vital purpose in securing the twig and berries.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 01:31:09 PM »
Did he out himself on twitter this morning?  JL didn't say his name this morning on the radio...hmm..  You decide...

"I am going to say this one time. Before you write or say anything about me in the public you better have the facts."

That doesn't mean anything.  He could have gotten word that JLee was running with this story.  Maybe some people were interviewed by JLee and then spread the word that the story was connected to this Petrochem guy. 

Unless there's a videotaped confession (which, as we hope, doesn't hold much water), this is about to get squashed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 01:52:44 PM »

Didn't stop them. :fu:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 01:58:03 PM »
That doesn't mean anything.  He could have gotten word that JLee was running with this story.  Maybe some people were interviewed by JLee and then spread the word that the story was connected to this Petrochem guy. 

Unless there's a videotaped confession (which, as we hope, doesn't hold much water), this is about to get squashed.

No shit. 

However, why say anything at all?   He has three tweets total on his account.  His first two were during a bowl game in January.  The third?

This morning immediately after the JL interview.   I know it isn't anything significant from a legal, or proof standpoint, but again, why say anything at all?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 02:02:09 PM »
I don't twit but I'll say this one time and one time only on here.  I love me some McDonald's sausage, egg and cheese McMuffin.  You get that and the hash browns and diet coke (Keep it light) and you've got yourself a great start to the day, Mister.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 02:04:31 PM »
No shit. 

However, why say anything at all?   He has three tweets total on his account.  His first two were during a bowl game in January.  The third?

This morning immediately after the JL interview.   I know it isn't anything significant from a legal, or proof standpoint, but again, why say anything at all?

He's obviously guilty. 

The BC recruitment (along with Cyrus) was completely screwed up.  It's also the first two big recruitments Auburn really stole away from Alabama. 

And then shady shit went down with both of them.

My beef is that we're trying to attack them for something we can't prove.  We can't even make it look possibly real to the national media.  In fact, the only thing we can do is make ourselves look like whiney bitches due to the recent negative attack on Auburn from the media.

We'd be better to attack HBO and ESPN than attack Alabama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 02:08:37 PM »
He's obviously guilty.

Nobody said that.  Again, just asking the question.  I don't know.  You don't know.   

The BC recruitment (along with Cyrus) was completely screwed up.  It's also the first two big recruitments Auburn really stole away from Alabama.

Craig Sanders is flipping you off. 

And then shady shit went down with both of them.

My beef is that we're trying to attack them for something we can't prove.  We can't even make it look possibly real to the national media.  In fact, the only thing we can do is make ourselves look like whiney bitches due to the recent negative attack on Auburn from the media.

We'd be better to attack HBO and ESPN than attack Alabama.

How do you know what proof J. Lee has or doesn't have?  Sounds to me you're attacking him for something you can't prove.... wait... wut?

"WE" aren't attacking anyone, but it IS a story to watch, discuss and ask questions about.  Right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 02:12:18 PM »
Nobody said that.  Again, just asking the question.  I don't know.  You don't know.   

Craig Sanders is flipping you off. 

How do you know what proof J. Lee has or doesn't have?  Sounds to me you're attacking him for something you can't prove.... wait... wut?

"WE" aren't attacking anyone, but it IS a story to watch, discuss and ask questions about.  Right?

I'm discussing it. 

The moment JLee put on orange and blue clothes to wear to work, he became part of "we."  "We" are all in this together especially if one of our writers goes off spitting a bunch of allegations out to the media.  Does he have proof?  We don't know because he simply said "sources."  Just like Thayer and Thamel.  Which most wanted to label as being full of shit for only using "sources" as their sources. 

Until he provides valid proof, he's no different than McClover.  He's no different than anyone else that threw out the allegations against Auburn this past year. 

And as for the "Again just asking a question" part, well, why ask the question if you didn't want people to posit an answer?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 02:20:45 PM »
I'm discussing it. 

The moment JLee put on orange and blue clothes to wear to work, he became part of "we."  "We" are all in this together especially if one of our writers goes off spitting a bunch of allegations out to the media.  Does he have proof?  We don't know because he simply said "sources."  Just like Thayer and Thamel.  Which most wanted to label as being full of shit for only using "sources" as their sources. 

Until he provides valid proof, he's no different than McClover.  He's no different than anyone else that threw out the allegations against Auburn this past year.

I don't know.  However, I'm willing to bet that a mod at a Rivals.com/ Yahoo Sports site doesn't go rogue unless he KNOWS he has something.  I think you're stance is a good one, but I disagree about the Thamel/ Thayer reference only because he DOES have such a connection and much more to lose if he's discredited.

Just my opinion. 

And as for the "Again just asking a question" part, well, why ask the question if you didn't want people to posit an answer?

I'm not sure it's something you can answer.  I'm not sure anyone here can.  Maybe it's rhetorical.  I'm just asking why would someone that doesn't want to be discussed, or hasn't been discussed suddenly make THAT statement at THAT time in a public medium that he's barely used.

It just seems to me that if he'd not said anything, nobody would be focused on him in the public arena.  He put himself there..well... himself.

Seems to be a pretty poor PR move by a CEO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 02:22:00 PM »
"Of course, eyebrows should be raised over a website dedicated to covering Auburn flinging serious accusations against rival Alabama.  But the level of detail involved in the accusations leveled against this Tide supporter — we’re unclear if the “booster” label should be applied — certainly makes this something to keep an eye on in the near future."

Okay, why throw this in?  You know, I hate to be a conspiracy theorist but damn, you can't even report what was said without the obligatory, "Of course...."

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 10:37:51 PM »
I don't know.  However, I'm willing to bet that a mod at a Rivals.com/ Yahoo Sports site doesn't go rogue unless he KNOWS he has something.  I think you're stance is a good one, but I disagree about the Thamel/ Thayer reference only because he DOES have such a connection and much more to lose if he's discredited.

Just my opinion. 

I'm not sure it's something you can answer.  I'm not sure anyone here can.  Maybe it's rhetorical.  I'm just asking why would someone that doesn't want to be discussed, or hasn't been discussed suddenly make THAT statement at THAT time in a public medium that he's barely used.

It just seems to me that if he'd not said anything, nobody would be focused on him in the public arena.  He put himself there..well... himself.

Seems to be a pretty poor PR move by a CEO.

As I said in another thread, its been known about for a while. JL just decided he had enough info now to put it out there. And I believe him 100% because of what I have been told as well. It was pretty obvious on signing day that something wasn't right with Calloway's recruitment. Prowler had it pegged dead on from day 1.

No one is attacking anyone or saying it is THIS guy THS. Chop is just saying it's interesting that the guy piped up. That's all. I find it interesting as well.

Chop - we should have been discussing this at the roulette table Monday.  :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 10:50:26 PM »
As I said in another thread, its been known about for a while. JL just decided he had enough info now to put it out there. And I believe him 100% because of what I have been told as well. It was pretty obvious on signing day that something wasn't right with Calloway's recruitment. Prowler had it pegged dead on from day 1.

I had forgotten all about this until today. This is the first thing I thought of when I first read this about J Lee. I was under the impression it would have been a different writer though.

Edit: I see where you mentioned this now.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 11:06:27 PM by djsimp41 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 10:51:39 PM »

No one is attacking anyone or saying it is THIS guy THS. Chop is just saying it's interesting that the guy piped up. That's all. I find it interesting as well.

Chop - we should have been discussing this at the roulette table Monday.  :bar:

I've read JLee's tweets.  No doubt he's a cod lock homer.  That's cool  He does have the Rivals stamp of approval too.  I think, worst case, he has enough to run with a "sources say" story, and cover his ass.  He may actually have something, don't know. But, with today's media standards, he's got enough to cover his ass both ethically (very little needed there these days) and legally.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 12:12:27 AM »
You can somewhat prove most of the story.  Woodruff did take Calloway to SPuat, on numerous occasions.  Woodruff did accompany   Calloway at the Army All-American Game. Woodruff did receive a red Camaro the day after Calloway signed with SPuat, took a picture of it and put it on his facebook, only to return it a few days later (everyone realized that he received the vehicle for BC's signing and was going to give it to him...the red flag was raise, he had to return it).  "Peaches" was falling behind on his mortgage payments, but after BC's signature, he caught back up.  Woodruff took BC out of town until signing day, he also took his phone away too.  "Peaches" "adopted" BC in High School, after he attended a SPuat Camp.  BC did wear SPuat Nike gloves when he signed, the ones that aren't avaliable for purchase.

ALL OF THAT can be verified through a little background work.  Check "Peaches" bank accounts, find out who accompanied BC the day before signing day.  Find out where he purchased the car & how much.  Find out exactly when "Peaches" adopted BC.  Check "Peaches" phone records from a few years ago (not sure if you can go back that far).  Find out who gave him those gloves.

I know that I added a couple more things to J.Lee's story.  But, he wouldn't just go off into battle shooting blanks, he's got REAL sources with REAL info.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 09:45:27 AM »
You can somewhat prove most of the story.  Woodruff did take Calloway to SPuat, on numerous occasions.  Woodruff did accompany   Calloway at the Army All-American Game. Woodruff did receive a red Camaro the day after Calloway signed with SPuat, took a picture of it and put it on his facebook, only to return it a few days later (everyone realized that he received the vehicle for BC's signing and was going to give it to him...the red flag was raise, he had to return it).  "Peaches" was falling behind on his mortgage payments, but after BC's signature, he caught back up.  Woodruff took BC out of town until signing day, he also took his phone away too.  "Peaches" "adopted" BC in High School, after he attended a SPuat Camp.  BC did wear SPuat Nike gloves when he signed, the ones that aren't avaliable for purchase.

ALL OF THAT can be verified through a little background work.  Check "Peaches" bank accounts, find out who accompanied BC the day before signing day.  Find out where he purchased the car & how much.  Find out exactly when "Peaches" adopted BC.  Check "Peaches" phone records from a few years ago (not sure if you can go back that far).  Find out who gave him those gloves.

I know that I added a couple more things to J.Lee's story.  But, he wouldn't just go off into battle shooting blanks, he's got REAL sources with REAL info.
Remember the big story the week before signing day when Calloway just "disappeared"? No one could find him anywhere. And no one thinks that was weird??
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2011, 10:43:52 AM »
Remember the big story the week before signing day when Calloway just "disappeared"? No one could find him anywhere. And no one thinks that was weird??

Saban won't allow you to think it's weird.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions