Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Why Do You Need....

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Why Do You Need....
« on: March 04, 2011, 10:19:30 AM »
exonerating? Listening to sports talk this morning and the host was reading a statement from John Bond's attorney about how the tape that's out is not authentic. (Info. posted here yesterday in another thread I believe) He goes on to say however, that Bond will be releasing tapes that will "exonerate himself, Bill Bell and MSU". 

Now, here's where all this doesn't make any sense at all to me.  And forget Scott Moore for a minute...we know what his motives are.  Everyone in the world who follows this saga is well aware that this has been investigated by MSU's Compliance Department, Auburn's Compliance Department, The SEC, The NCAA and The FBI.  Last year, the NCAA and SEC office issued a statement basically saying the following....and correct me if I'm wrong....They found that Cecil Newton solicited money from MSU during his son's recruitment.  They found no evidence of any money changing hands or any evidence of Cam Newton having knowledge of his father's dealings.  They ruled that Cam Newton was eligible to continue playing football.

To my knowledge, no one has received any letters of investigation from the NCAA. Not MSU nor Auburn. MSU has not been accused of paying Cecil or Cam or doing anything other than listening to Cecil's "demands".  So my question is....what exactly do John Bond, Bill Bell and MSU have to be exonerated from?  In whose eyes?  And if you had tapes while the investigations were going on...which you certainly would have to have.....you most assuredly played them for those people to "exonerate" yourself when it mattered.....right?  So.....????
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 10:20:51 AM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Why Do You Need....
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 10:25:52 AM »
exonerating? Listening to sports talk this morning and the host was reading a statement from John Bond's attorney about how the tape that's out is not authentic. (Info. posted here yesterday in another thread I believe) He goes on to say however, that Bond will be releasing tapes that will "exonerate himself, Bill Bell and MSU". 

Now, here's where all this doesn't make any sense at all to me.  And forget Scott Moore for a minute...we know what his motives are.  Everyone in the world who follows this saga is well aware that this has been investigated by MSU's Compliance Department, Auburn's Compliance Department, The SEC, The NCAA and The FBI.  Last year, the NCAA and SEC office issued a statement basically saying the following....and correct me if I'm wrong....They found that Cecil Newton solicited money from MSU during his son's recruitment.  They found no evidence of any money changing hands or any evidence of Cam Newton having knowledge of his father's dealings.  They ruled that Cam Newton was eligible to continue playing football.

To my knowledge, no one has received any letters of investigation from the NCAA. Not MSU nor Auburn. MSU has not been accused of paying Cecil or Cam or doing anything other than listening to Cecil's "demands".  So my question is....what exactly do John Bond, Bill Bell and MSU have to be exonerated from?  In whose eyes?  And if you had tapes while the investigations were going on...which you certainly would have to have.....you most assuredly played them for those people to "exonerate" yourself when it mattered.....right?  So.....????

That's why it is all a non issue. :move:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 10:27:54 AM »
That's why it is all a non issue. :move:

Fo realzz.  Who has ever accused Bond of doing anything other than being a colossal prick for breaking this story.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 10:30:16 AM »
Cecil did not solicit money.  At least, no one has officially reported that.

Cecil was in discussions with Kenny Rogers about a pay-for-play scheme.  "Discussions" is different from "demands."

I think the tapes will show Kenny Rogers asking for money, and maybe John Bond or Bill Bell saying "Go to hell."   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 10:32:24 AM »
The only distinction or point I take issue with is Cacil's admission.  He admitted to taking part in or knowledge of a pay for play scheme along with Rogers.  There is no evidence thats been made public as to who first brought up money for Cam.  There is no evidence that this happened at any other school recruiting Cam.  It is plausible that Rogers started this all, and Cecil was stupid enough to consider it.  I even think that may have factored in to NCAA decision making.  Thats last part is my speculation.  There is no evidence Cecil was actively pimping Cam ti the highest bidder as you so commonly hear.  He may have been, but there is no public evidence of that, nor is that what the parties agreed to as the facts in the NCAA ruling.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 10:34:35 AM »
Cecil did not solicit money.  At least, no one has officially reported that.

Cecil was in discussions with Kenny Rogers about a pay-for-play scheme.  "Discussions" is different from "demands."

I think the tapes will show Kenny Rogers asking for money, and maybe John Bond or Bill Bell saying "Go to hell."

Took me that long to type my post on my phone, but we agree a bazillion percent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 10:35:17 AM »
The only distinction or point I take issue with is Cacil's admission.  He admitted to taking part in or knowledge of a pay for play scheme along with Rogers.  There is no evidence thats been made public as to who first brought up money for Cam.  There is no evidence that this happened at any other school recruiting Cam.  It is plausible that Rogers started this all, and Cecil was stupid enough to consider it.  I even think that may have factored in to NCAA decision making.  Thats last part is my speculation.  There is no evidence Cecil was actively pimping Cam ti the highest bidder as you so commonly hear.  He may have been, but there is no public evidence of that, nor is that what the parties agreed to as the facts in the NCAA ruling.

Thats my story and I'm stickin to it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 10:41:30 AM »
Thats my story and I'm stickin to it.

You may be being half a smartasd, but Cecil didnt meet Rogers by accident, that much I firmly believe.  Since their "scheme" blew up in their faces, it stands to reason that Rogers wasnt steered to Cecil because of Cecil's request.  And from what I know of Rogers, I can see him initiating all this in hopes of a payday for himself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 10:52:37 AM »
You may be being half a smartasd, but Cecil didnt meet Rogers by accident, that much I firmly believe.  Since their "scheme" blew up in their faces, it stands to reason that Rogers wasnt steered to Cecil because of Cecil's request.  And from what I know of Rogers, I can see him initiating all this in hopes of a payday for himself.

This has been my contention from the start.  I think Rogers felt with his ties to MSU and relationship with the Newton's, he could work up a nice deal to fatten up his money clip.  Does that relieve Cecil of any culpability?  Not in my mind.  And look, he's admitted it and taken a huge public flogging for it as well.  But unless I hear differently, I'll always believe Rogers was at the heart of this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 11:08:34 AM »
I'm not that is the story that has always made the most sense to me and the one I spout anyways.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jmar

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2011, 11:09:40 AM »
All I know is if Bond has to have a taped conversation with Rogers suspecting a deal, then he represents MSU. That's being complicit and exonnerates no one. 
So WTF does that have to do with Auburn?
NOT A DAMN THING!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 11:51:13 AM »
All I know is if Bond has to have a taped conversation with Rogers suspecting a deal, then he represents MSU. That's being complicit and exonnerates no one. 
So WTF does that have to do with Auburn?
NOT A DAMN THING!

My theory onany tapes that might exist...

Who the fuck tapes phone calls and conversatios?  Someone covering their own ass, or someone trying to get the goods on you.  We know they continued to recruit Cam for some time following the "pay for play" began.  If they, Bond/MSU, were on the up and up, they would have broken contact immediately, and that would have been it.  IMHO, they intended to hold Cecil and Cam hostage withe the tapes.  "We aint paying, and we are going to out you if you don't play here."  May not have bren exactly that, but IF, any tapes exist beyond that of voicemails (which wr know are of Rogers), then whoever made them was up to no good to start with, and is now trying to cover their own ass while continuing to make trouble for Cam.  Megan Mullen supposedly recording a phone call from Cam borders on ludicrous.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2011, 12:44:33 PM »
My theory onany tapes that might exist...

Who the fuck tapes phone calls and conversatios?  Someone covering their own ass, or someone trying to get the goods on you.  We know they continued to recruit Cam for some time following the "pay for play" began.  If they, Bond/MSU, were on the up and up, they would have broken contact immediately, and that would have been it.  IMHO, they intended to hold Cecil and Cam hostage withe the tapes.  "We aint paying, and we are going to out you if you don't play here."  May not have bren exactly that, but IF, any tapes exist beyond that of voicemails (which wr know are of Rogers), then whoever made them was up to no good to start with, and is now trying to cover their own ass while continuing to make trouble for Cam.  Megan Mullen supposedly recording a phone call from Cam borders on ludicrous.
That's it!
 Because if you plop a recorder down on a table when money is being discussed the conversation STOPS. And secretly recording the other party REEKS!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2011, 01:45:45 PM »
That is why I insist that all secret negotiations be done via etch-a-sketch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2011, 02:22:48 PM »
That is why I insist that all secret negotiations be done via etch-a-sketch.

Technology. Who knew!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions