Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Never To Yield Foundation formed to promote and defend Auburn spirit

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
In the wake of the poisoning of the Toomer's oaks and in light of the seemingly endless campaign to damage the reputation and integrity of Auburn University and its football program in particular, a group of Auburn supporters has formed the Never To Yield Foundation (http://www.facebook.com/NeverToYield). 

According to the Facebook page for the organization "The Never To Yield Foundation is established to promote the positive image of Auburn University, its students, its alumni and its fans. The Foundation celebrates the Auburn spirit and is dedicated to providing a place for the Auburn family to connect and share our collective and individual successes. Our secondary mission is to help combat the negativity that is directed at Auburn by its detractors, by the media and by anyone else who seeks to do our family harm."

"Our primary goal is to accentuate the positive," Brian Kleisley, a Foundation organizer noted. "But for our organization to focus on that, we first must try to quell some of the negative.

"Since early October, when it became evident that the Auburn football team was on the brink of what could be a magical season there has been what appears to many Auburn fans to be an orchestrated campaign to tear us down," Kleisley said. 

"Beginning with allegations about the eligibility of Cam Newton a relentless barrage of negativity has been directed at Auburn, primarily via the reports of a select few online bloggers. These pseudo reporters have laid siege to Auburn, harassed faculty and staff, stalked current and former players and coaches and essentially excavated the town searching for something with which to bludgeon Auburn. Unable to turn up the proverbial smoking gun, some have resorted to stretching facts or outright fabrication to continue their drumbeat."

"Add that unrelenting attack to a toxic mix of sports talk invective and fan frustration borne out of watching their primary rival capture every award and title that had been conceded in the preseason to fans of the Alabama Crimson Tide and the resulting blend spit out a bitter and hateful person who believes killing two 130-year old oak trees is an appropriate salve for his psychological wounds."

"We've watched in dismay as the state media began dismissively insisting that Auburn fans "get over it" mere days after the poisoning was confirmed," Kleisley continued. "The reaction of many fans and many in the media has disappointed us. Out of our frustration grew a desire to respond positively to the negatives. The Never To Yield Foundation is designed to give Auburn fans a voice."

Earlier this week, Foundation members reached out to management at the Florence Times Daily, a newspaper in northwest Alabama.  One of the reporters for the newspaper, Lisa Singleton-Rickman, posted comments on her Facebook page in regard to the poisoning of the Toomer's oaks that were insensitive and insulting to Auburn and its traditions.  In addition, the online version of the paper contained an Alabama blog but had no corresponding section for Auburn fans. 

"We are appreciative of the effort Scott Morris, executive editor of the paper, took in response to our discussions," Kleisley said. "He was gracious and explained their situation in regard to an Auburn blog. We are happy to report that mere hours after our discussion the Times Daily's online edition offered a link to Auburn news."

No resolution in regard to the comments from the reporter was announced.

"We don't anticipate nor did we intend for that to be a public issue," Kleisley noted. "Our primary goal was to make sure that the reporter is aware that those kind of comments are inappropriate in any setting. We are confident that the Times Daily will handle any related issues internally according to company policy."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Never To Yield Foundation formed to promote and defend Auburn spirit
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 09:21:00 AM »
Get this shit up in the plainsman, advertiser or any other outlets. Were gonna make some noise.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 09:25:37 AM »
NICE stuff GF! Where is this from K, I mean is this an article out there somewhere?

Ok, never mind, I found it.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/619820-auburn-fans-form-never-to-yield-foundation-to-promote-and-defend-auburn-spirit
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 09:35:28 AM by djsimp41 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 09:27:10 AM »
NICE stuff GF! Where is this from K, I mean is this an article out there somewhere?

That was my guess, which prompted my response.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 09:57:53 AM »
Damn!  Awesome article, and a good start.

I say ship that article out to every pro-Auburn website, magazine, and newpaper that exists. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 10:04:39 AM »
...Aaaand, some moron bammer posted an idiotic comment counterintuitive to the entire point of the article...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 10:15:20 AM »
...Aaaand, some moron bammer posted an idiotic comment counterintuitive to the entire point of the article...

It's cool.  Shows how stupid they are.

You can expect a response from Franklin Crittenden shortly.  He's a definite Updyke. 

Most of the people who respond will be assclowns like that guy and then some AU people will fight back and the article will take off.  That's actually okay. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 11:24:04 AM »
Good stuff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 12:53:26 PM »
Never To Yield!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

djsimp

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 12:56:55 PM »
Who is this cat anyway. We should sign him on the X.

No, actually when I originally read it on the bleacher I didn't bother to look at the author. My bad , you have mad skillz.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 06:28:12 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 01:10:21 PM »
I don't know why I signed up over there. I can't take reading shit from those fuckers...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2011, 08:23:00 PM »
Who is this cat anyway. We should sign him on the X.
I remember reading his bammer soap opera columns from the Pickens Herald online about 7-8 years back - I thought the bammers would surely have him under one of the Tenn-Tom locks by now.

And what happened to TombigbeeTiger?  His degree of bammer hate was like Prowler, only coherent.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 06:28:30 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2011, 08:39:33 PM »
I remember reading his bammer soap opera columns from the Pickens Herald online about 7-8 years back - I thought the bammers would surely have him under one of the Tenn-Tom locks by now.

And what happened to TombigbeeTiger?  His degree of bammer hate was like Prowler, only coherent.

Seems like he was sick a few years back.  Used to have his phone number but not sure which phone it was on now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2011, 09:23:26 PM »
Look, I'm all about tradition and supporting those things unique to your school, but jeez you guys sound like fucking pussies talking about SPIRIT all the time. Like you guys are the only ones that have it, or seem to have it copyrighted.

They'll never kill the Auburn SPIRIT!

Auburn isn't some all encompassing entity that you can worship, though now it seems like you treat it as such. You guys are sounding very cult-ish.

Don't forget to throw up those SPIRIT fingers every time it's brought up!   :homo:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2011, 09:40:59 PM »
Look, I'm all about tradition and supporting those things unique to your school, but jeez you guys sound like fucking pussies talking about SPIRIT all the time. Like you guys are the only ones that have it, or seem to have it copyrighted.

Auburn isn't some all encompassing entity that you can worship, though now it seems like you treat it as such. You guys are sounding very cult-ish.

Don't forget to throw up those SPIRIT fingers every time it's brought up!   :homo:
Hence, others lack thereof.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2011, 09:52:20 PM »

You have something houndstooth in your house or car.  Go worship your idol...fuckin bammer cult.  I can sense the FEAR in your post.  You know that a Auburn Spirit is very powerful & it scares the Updykes, like yourself.  Keep spreading all the negative garbage about Auburn, but do one thing, tell ALL of your inbred, retard bammer friends two words from the Auburn Family....WE COMIN!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2011, 09:58:07 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2011, 10:17:12 PM »
You have something houndstooth in your house or car.  Go worship your idol...phukin bammer cult.  I can sense the FEAR in your post.  You know that a Auburn Spirit is very powerful & it scares the Updykes, like yourself.  Keep spreading all the negative garbage about Auburn, but do one thing, tell ALL of your inbred, retard bammer friends two words from the Auburn Family....WE COMIN!!!

Are you guys going to put a Never Forget sticker on your helmets and a patch with an oak on your jerseys?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

djsimp

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2011, 10:41:59 PM »
Are you guys going to put a Never Forget sticker on your helmets and a patch with an oak on your jerseys?

I find it very ironic that you bring up things like "tradition", "cult" and "worship". You do realize you're on an Auburn board correct, a place where real traditions breath? Oh yes, of course, you have the freedom of speech (that is if you have become a legal citizen). I also have the freedom of speech and I say back to your community trailer eating your burritos and a side dish of SHUT THE FUCK UP. Nobody cares what you have to say. You can't explain something to someone that has no understanding, like yourself and your Updike brethren. You are a project at best and nobody here gives a shit about you. Don't look now, the Border Patrol is knocking at your trailer door. Apurate!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 11:01:45 PM by djsimp41 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2011, 11:13:39 PM »
The Hispanic jokes are good ones!

Jefe, what is a plethora?