Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Championship Gear

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Championship Gear
« on: February 10, 2011, 01:25:12 PM »
There are three schools of thought regarding the purchase of championship gear.  (Preface: Any day now, I expect to hear how "bammah champeenship stuff done outselled Aubren stuff...") 

1) Not going to buy anything much with the NC logo because Auburn isn't defined by that.  Will just stick to regular Auburn gear so I don't look like a bandwagon jumper.

2) Going to buy some of it because, well, you know we DID win the national championship.  Wearing title gear is a subtle way to say it without saying it.  And it pisses Bama fans off.

3) If it's got the championship logo, I'm buying it.  Cushions, pajamas, shot glasses, shirts, hats, plates, golf balls, keychains, socks, shorts, whatever.  Going to flaunt it.

That brings me to two questions.  I like numbered lists. 

1) What, if any, gear or accessories have you purchased?

2) When Daniel Moore and Greg Gamble come out with their championship paintings are you buying? 

I fall into category 2.  I put a small flag outside my house.  Small window stickers for my bmw and truck. High end apparel (Underarmor polo and jacket). Couple of other things.  But not overboard.   

Haven't decided if I'll order the Moore or Gamble prints. 

On a side note, I heard a commercial yesterday where Moore is unveiling his fifth painting in the "Greatest Season Ever" series for Bama.   Wonder if the Auburn series should be titled "Yeah But Ours Was Better" or "Even Greater Than The Greatest Season Ever." 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Championship Gear
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 01:28:08 PM »
I am in category 2.  I have bought a couple of things that serve as the FU to leg humpers and inbreds but refuse to wear any of it after the beginning of Fall practice.  Mostly I just stick with my "duck hunt" shirt since it doesn't really have a shelf life and the ardtards around here know what it refers to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 01:35:25 PM »
I am in category 2.  I have bought a couple of things that serve as the FU to leg humpers and inbreds but refuse to wear any of it after the beginning of Fall practice.  Mostly I just stick with my "duck hunt" shirt since it doesn't really have a shelf life and the ardtards around here know what it refers to.

Seriously?  I've still got a polo from the 2004 season I wear occasionally.  Like maybe once a year.  I don't see shelving the NC stuff until at least next January.   If then. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 01:37:35 PM »
I bought one nice shirt to celebrate the NC.  I might buy a hat because it will last longer. 

I'm not real big on buying championship clothing.  I know they won.  I'll buy a few things for keepsake, but I'm an Auburn fan even when we're 5-7.  I'm not saying everyone should adopt my way of thinking, but that's just how I roll. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 01:37:47 PM »
#2 for me.  I have 1 T-shirt, 1 Golf Shirt, and  fleece pullover.  I'm waiting on a hat because what I really want does not exist yet.  I would like a normal hat (with whatever AU logo you like) with a BCS championship patch on the side. 

I will not be purchasing the prints as I really have nowhere to hang them.  I'm pretty sure my wife won't let me hang them in the baby's room.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 01:40:12 PM »
I fall into the second category as well.  I bought :ua: hat with the championship logo, I also bought a sticker for the car and a :ua: tshirt as well.  However, just a warning to everyone the shirt I got

was the biggest piece of shit shirt ever, I cannot believe :ua: put out this product.  The material is very thin and when I ordered my size it barley came down past my waist.  Needless to say I sent it back.  I will be getting another shirt.  That is all I ordered and will buy.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 01:42:43 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 01:41:08 PM »
Bought a couple of polos and some t-shirts.  Got the BCS Champ logo sticker for the SUV.  Won't put one on my car, though.  The Auburn Alum sticker on the front is enough.

Bought two scoreboard pictures (Iron Bowl and BCS) 8x10s to frame.  In the stairs going down to the basement, I have framed 8x10s for all the big wins since I've been an Auburn undergrad (Like Iron Bowls and such).

I will buy a Greg Gamble/Daniel Moore picture for the basement, but I want to see Moore's first.

Gamble's sketch:  http://www.customframingbyflowersbyrita.com/images/all_in_aub_nc_2010_.jpg

I also bought a poster replica of the Montgomery newspaper, the picture that says WAR EAGLE, which Chizik holding the crystal football.

And you know about my SI story.

Guess that makes me a 2, borderline 3?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 01:42:26 PM »
I bought the white NC cap and actually wear it pretty often, just because of what it is.  I normally like my baseball caps pretty straightforward without a bunch of frills, claasic AU or vintage Aubie.  But this hat....I gotta' wear it just for the principle.

Bought one long sleeve NC shirt and the Guy Harvey short sleeve T.  Haven't worn the GH yet cause it needs to be above 45 degrees to put it on.

I heard the same Moore commercial.  I know this is sour grapes but damn, how do you come out now with a "Greatest Season Evah" commercial?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 01:43:50 PM »
I got a couple things in Glendale.

Got this pullover for half off ($40 from $80) as seen wore by Jason Campbell during that Taco Bell faceoff thing with Joey Harrington.

Also got two T-shirts. One that doesn't actually say we won were champions, but says "BCS Championship" and lists all of the other wins during the regular season/SEC Championship game.

It was half off too so I paid like $7 for it.

I also bought a t-shirt online from the hotel that I thought featured the logo in my avatar, but it was actually a slightly different shield logo. Not what I wanted, so it will probably be a drawer-shirt that I pull out to do yardwork in.

I kind of still want an orange t-shirt with the "official" logo in it. Malzahn was rocking a nice orange sweater vest with the logo on signing day.

And I don't plan on shelving the pullover or the t-shirt any time soon. Certainly before the next champion is crowned in 2012.

Also, I bought a shit-ton of magazines, newspapers, etc. to commemorate it.

I plan on putting together some sort of giant framed display of everything together someday.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 01:47:30 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 01:47:30 PM »
baseball cap

Duck Hunt X t-shirt

SI commemorative addition magazine

All of the 2010 games downloaded and burned to dvd........commemorative BCS Title Game dvd on order.

Game Program from SEC & BCS game.

1 pre-game BCS magazine with AU & Oregon articles.

One BIG ASS Smile that aint going away in the Fall, next January or any damn time soon.

WAR EAGLE
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 01:48:27 PM »
I bought one of those cool "Got 2?" pullovers and it's....

wait..what?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2011, 01:55:05 PM »
Seriously?  I've still got a polo from the 2004 season I wear occasionally.  Like maybe once a year.  I don't see shelving the NC stuff until at least next January.   If then.

Seriously.  I cannot tell you how many mouth breathers I have made fun of over the years for wearing "championship gear" after the championship year was gone.  I will not go down that road.

Duck hunt is subtle enough to not fall into that category and in their face enough to piss them off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 02:02:50 PM »
Gamble's sketch:  http://www.customframingbyflowersbyrita.com/images/all_in_aub_nc_2010_.jpg

Thanks for that link.  I hadn't seen it yet.  I know he can't get everybody on there, but I wish there were some Josh Bynes action.  And maybe Antione Carter. too.  Or Ziemba.  It's still not bad. 

Does Allen Zuniga still do sports art?  The one he did of Dye, Jordan, Bo, and 17-16 is on the wall in my den.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2011, 02:04:36 PM »
Does Allen Zuniga still do sports art?  The one he did of Dye, Jordan, Bo, and 17-16 is on the wall in my den.

http://alanzuniga.com/graphics/GLORY-On_The_Plains.jpg

I hadn't heard he was doing one, and googled him.  That's pretty sweet, too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2011, 02:04:56 PM »
Man, if Auburn football keeps going at this pace, we gonna' have us some tradishun fore too long.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2011, 02:07:07 PM »
Thanks for that link.  I hadn't seen it yet.  I know he can't get everybody on there, but I wish there were some Josh Bynes action.  And maybe Antione Carter. too.  Or Ziemba.  It's still not bad. 

I could do that on photoshop add some brushstrokes and yall could download and print it at kinkos...save you the overpriced money for the print. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2011, 02:08:26 PM »
http://alanzuniga.com/graphics/GLORY-On_The_Plains.jpg

I hadn't heard he was doing one, and googled him.  That's pretty sweet, too.

Except he made Chiz go full retard...and you never go full retard...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2011, 02:13:02 PM »
Except he made Chiz go full retard...and you never go full retard...
Why did he make Chizik look like Wallace from Wallace and Gromit?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2011, 02:20:03 PM »
I bought a NC shirt and a Duck-Hunt shirt to go with the normal Auburn collection. As far as the prints go, I like GF's idea.

I went to Dicks Sporting Goods in Dothan the other day. They were having a sidewalk sale and 90% of the stuff out there was bama gear at 50% off. It was lovely. Snaggle, you should run over there and take a piss on it all and high tail it outta there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2011, 02:21:57 PM »
I fall in to Category 2.

I bought the locker room hat because...well, it's what they had on after the game.  I liked the Under Armour hat better, so I went back and bought it also.  I also bought the UA tee shirt, but in blue.  I do agree with GF though...it really is a piece of shit, especially for $30.

I am buying up the publications though just to have some coffee table reading in my man cave.

I also bought the NC decal and will proudly keep it on the rear window of the Yukon until the 2011 NC is crowned.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.