Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Championship Gear

Re: Championship Gear
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2011, 07:39:54 PM »
Personal pref, I guess, but I'm not big on framed jerseys.  Gameworn?  Maybe I'd think differently.   

Like to see a pic of it when you get it done.  Curious to see what it would look like.  Maybe I just haven't seen the right presentation.

I'll post it for sure.  Going to take my time with it.  Getting some photos blown up that I took of the scoreboard and other things.  Figured some of the images would mean more to me if they were of my own taking. Even if they're not the best. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2011, 11:19:39 PM »
Personal pref, I guess, but I'm not big on framed jerseys.  Gameworn?  Maybe I'd think differently.   

Like to see a pic of it when you get it done.  Curious to see what it would look like.  Maybe I just haven't seen the right presentation.

I think I would go for a framed game worn jersey too. Not big on wearing them like Snaggle, but I likes me some memorabilia shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2011, 09:36:37 AM »
One of the three jerseys I own.  The other two are Larry Bird Celtics, and a Bob Gibson Cardinals.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2011, 09:46:51 AM »
One of the three jerseys I own.  The other two are Larry Bird Celtics, and a Bob Gibson Cardinals.

NICE!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2011, 10:01:28 AM »
Thats so weird Jar, I have the same frame around my jersey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2011, 10:31:07 AM »
I was going to respond with how awesome that was.  Then I realized what you did there.

I've been 23ed!

:23:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2011, 10:41:12 AM »
There are three schools of thought regarding the purchase of championship gear.  (Preface: Any day now, I expect to hear how "bammah champeenship stuff done outselled Aubren stuff...") 

1) Not going to buy anything much with the NC logo because Auburn isn't defined by that.  Will just stick to regular Auburn gear so I don't look like a bandwagon jumper.

2) Going to buy some of it because, well, you know we DID win the national championship.  Wearing title gear is a subtle way to say it without saying it.  And it pisses Bama fans off.

3) If it's got the championship logo, I'm buying it.  Cushions, pajamas, shot glasses, shirts, hats, plates, golf balls, keychains, socks, shorts, whatever.  Going to flaunt it.

That brings me to two questions.  I like numbered lists. 

1) What, if any, gear or accessories have you purchased?

2) When Daniel Moore and Greg Gamble come out with their championship paintings are you buying? 

I fall into category 2.  I put a small flag outside my house.  Small window stickers for my bmw and truck. High end apparel (Underarmor polo and jacket). Couple of other things.  But not overboard.   

Haven't decided if I'll order the Moore or Gamble prints. 

On a side note, I heard a commercial yesterday where Moore is unveiling his fifth painting in the "Greatest Season Ever" series for Bama.   Wonder if the Auburn series should be titled "Yeah But Ours Was Better" or "Even Greater Than The Greatest Season Ever."

#2.  I bought a sticker for my truck (my truck really needed something Auburn on it anyway, totaled my vehicle around Thanksgiving and the best deal I found to replace it was a truck that's a little too close to crimson colored :sad:), a t-shirt, and a hat.  The hat was mostly to wear in to work for the first week after the game.  I wore it in, then would sit it on top of the bookshelf in my cube so that the Bammer across the hall had to look at it all day.  That was the extent of my smack to him (he's a pretty good guy, for a Bammer) but I could tell it was eating at him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2011, 12:04:25 PM »
Daniel Moore's print sketch is out. 

http://www.jemsonline.com/inc/sdetail/32574

He did what I asked.  Ziemba, Kodi, Zac Etheridge, Dyer, Byrum, Cam, Pugh...

Still not sure I like it, though.  Too much Chizik. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2011, 12:43:20 PM »
Why is Chizik so fucking hard to draw?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2011, 02:15:54 PM »
 :haha:

The power and essence  of The Chin cannot be captured on paper by mere mortals...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2011, 12:46:08 AM »
I bought a hat from Academy (the won the team wore right after the game). All the shirts I saw at the the retail stores sucked, so the wife ordered a couple of shirts from the AU store that you could not get at retail outlets ("This is how we roll" with a picture of Toomers being rolled was pretty cool).

I got them to just piss off bammers and boy did it work. I posted a picture of my hat on Facebook and one punk bammer, who is only my friend on FB because he is the younger brother of a good buddy, started mouthing off about how AU was going to get into trouble with the FBI...blah, blah, blah. He got really pissed and thought I was getting all "personal" with him when I told him I had no idea he worked for the FBI, since he seemed to know so much about the goings on there. Little punk wanted to start talking smack, but apparently could not handle getting back at him. He totally went insane and started talking out of his ass like accusing me of stealing from his family and a bunch of other psychotic nonsense, even wanted to fight, in which I told him he knew where I lived, though I knew he was just all bark (rich spoiled brat born with a silver spoon in his mouth). I loved how us winning a MNC made this particular bammer, who did graduate from there just like his older brother, just totally go psycho about that hat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2011, 12:53:16 AM »

Why is Mike Dyer wearing MC Hammer pants?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2011, 07:30:24 AM »
Why is Mike Dyer wearing MC Hammer pants?

Duh.  Because you can't touch this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2011, 08:40:07 AM »
Duh.  Because you can't touch this.

and too legit to quit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2011, 09:18:16 AM »
Ring the bell, sucka
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2011, 09:22:39 AM »
Pumps in a bump...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2011, 03:02:53 PM »

Right below this is my other collections..

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2011, 03:10:21 PM »
What, no Robert Baker stuff?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2011, 03:19:11 PM »
What, no Robert Baker stuff?

I have an autographed mirror with a razor blade and rolled up $20.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2011, 03:21:07 PM »
I have an autographed mirror with a razor blade and rolled up $20.

Playas use c-notes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."