Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

..but I thought he wanted to spend time with his family?

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
..but I thought he wanted to spend time with his family?
« on: January 31, 2011, 05:33:13 PM »
Urban Meyer joining ESPN as analyst

Former Florida coach Urban Meyer is joining ESPN as a college football analyst.

Meyer, who won two BCS national championships at Florida, will make his debut Wednesday during ESPNU's coverage of national signing day. He will work weekly regular-season games during the season, as well as providing studio analysis on ESPN's "College Football Live" and "College GameDay. "

"Football has played an extremely important role in my life for the past 25 years and ESPN has given me an incredible opportunity to join its world-class team and share my passion, knowledge, and enthusiasm for the game with fans across the country," Meyer said in a prepared statement.

Meyer resigned from Florida after the 2010 season. He served as a guest analyst for ESPN's coverage of the Tostitos BCS National Championship Game.

"Coach Meyer brings a fresh voice and a contemporary knowledge of the game," said Norby Williamson, ESPN executive vice president for production. "As he showed during BCS coverage, his ability to communicate the strategic aspects of the game and his incredible track record for success will serve college football fans everywhere."

What a fucking joke this guy is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: ..but I thought he wanted to spend time with his family?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 06:56:24 PM »
I figured he'll do that for a year or two, then grab another Coaching job.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 07:20:12 PM »
Crying little bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

boartitz

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 08:58:33 PM »
He has been to the mountaintop and seen the hand of God. Now he's gonna juke around in the wilderness for a spell.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 09:19:51 PM »
What a fucking joke this guy is.

What, the guy can't have a job and still have more time for the family than if he was a D1 Major Program HC?  He won 2 NCs.  I'd ease up on calling him a joke.  He may not be cut out long term for big time CFB, but he can coach when his head is in the game. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 10:19:27 PM »
What, the guy can't have a job and still have more time for the family than if he was a D1 Major Program HC?  He won 2 NCs.  I'd ease up on calling him a joke.  He may not be cut out long term for big time CFB, but he can coach when his head is in the game.

Yeah, and not in the SEC either. Little different than Utah.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 10:22:40 PM »
Yeah, and not in the SEC either. Little different than Utah.

And yet, I call your attention to the 2 NCs again.  In a way, I sort of would rather a coach get out when he knows he's not in to it to the highest level any more rather than try to just see how long they can ride the gravy train like Tubs did the last couple of years. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 10:30:05 PM »
Thayer Evans is just like family to him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 11:03:48 PM »
And yet, I call your attention to the 2 NCs again.  In a way, I sort of would rather a coach get out when he knows he's not in to it to the highest level any more rather than try to just see how long they can ride the gravy train like Tubs did the last couple of years.

Sure he has 2 NC's, but it is the grind of the SEC that I am referring to. There is no other conference other than the SEC that is as strenuous as the SEC. Again I say, its a little different than Utah.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 09:20:15 AM »

I call him a joke because he is a drama queen.  National Championship or not he has hurt UF 2 years in a row now and to be quite honest I am not so sure that the "brains" behind him weren't Mullens.  I call him a joke because he claims that he wants to spend time with his family and then takes a job as an ESPN analyst, instead of just telling the truth that his health couldn't take it.  I call him a joke because his pussy ass couldn't live without Tebow.  (ok the last one was a stretch but whatever)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 09:45:52 AM »
I call him a joke because he is a drama queen.
OK. I see this point.

National Championship or not he has hurt UF 2 years in a row now and to be quite honest I am not so sure that the "brains" behind him weren't Mullens.  I call him a joke because he claims that he wants to spend time with his family and then takes a job as an ESPN analyst, instead of just telling the truth that his health couldn't take it.  I call him a joke because his pussy ass couldn't live without Tebow.  (ok the last one was a stretch but whatever)

That is between him and UF.

I actually think you are missing the point of being an analyst. It's not like they sit in studio 24/7 waiting for things to happen. He probably only has to work 2 days a week and spends the other days at home. That equates to a buttload more family time than he has had in a long time. So he gets a job that accomplishes what he needs.
I'm not understanding all of the hate here. I truly do not care if he makes it as a analyst or not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 09:50:11 AM »
I just hate Urban Myer...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2011, 09:53:11 AM »

Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2011, 09:54:33 AM »
I read an interview once (no, I'm not going to go search for the link.  Wanna fight about it?) with Gruden, and he talked about how he's working half as much as he did as a head coach. 

So maybe Meyer will still have plenty of time to spend at home. 

My question is, will his family go with him to Bristol?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2011, 09:55:17 AM »
No...NO ....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2011, 09:59:14 AM »
No...NO ....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Grab hold of your shwartz with both hands and feel it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

JR4AU

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2011, 10:42:31 AM »
T
OK. I see this point.

That is between him and UF.

I actually think you are missing the point of being an analyst. It's not like they sit in studio 24/7 waiting for things to happen. He probably only has to work 2 days a week and spends the other days at home. That equates to a buttload more family time than he has had in a long time. So he gets a job that accomplishes what he needs.
I'm not understanding all of the hate here. I truly do not care if he makes it as a analyst or not.

Word
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2011, 10:44:28 AM »

Better to just say the truth than make shit up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2011, 11:03:49 AM »
Better to just say the truth than make shit up.
I didn't make shit up...all of what I said was truth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2011, 11:04:59 AM »

Now get your seven foot asthmatic ass back here before  I tell everyone what a little bitch you were about Panda bear or Paddamama or whatever the hell her name was....Oh Jeez, he's crying.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.