friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Re: Pathetic excuse for journalism
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2011, 04:37:12 PM »
I hear this one a lot:

"I live in Alabama. I don't live in Auburn. So I'm an Alabama fan."

If that 's their criteria for fandom, then all I can say is "Thank God..."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2011, 05:55:01 PM »
Unlike you, Prowler, I don't mind responding when somebody lights me up. I suppose I could just do like you do and sulk away for a week or two.
When have I ever been away for more than a day?  That's right....just keep making shit up, it's what your fanbase is known for.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2011, 06:07:03 PM »
When have I ever been away for more than a day?  That's right....just keep making poop up, it's what your fanbase is known for.

Uh.....um.......meh, nevermind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2011, 06:15:07 PM »
When have I ever been away for more than a day?  That's right....just keep making poop up, it's what your fanbase is known for.

What do Alanis Morissette and Prowler have in common? 

Neither know the meaning of the word 'ironic'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2011, 06:18:23 PM »

Neither know the meaning of the word 'ironic'.
We both have great voices.  Like a mixture of Fergie and Jesus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2011, 07:03:43 PM »
They'll both go down on you in a theatre?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2011, 07:29:10 PM »
We both have great voices.  Like a mixture of Fergie and Jesus.
rofl...

They'll both go down on you in a theatre?

roflcopter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2011, 08:09:33 PM »
When have I ever been away for more than a day?  That's right....just keep making shit up, it's what your fanbase is known for.
I remember you being pretty fucking scarce for a week or so after your failed special uniform announcement, and everybody was ragging your ass. I guess those walk-ons are pretty misinformed, huh? Or maybe the auto correct on their phones just malfunctioned when they texted you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2011, 08:15:33 PM »
Are they permanent labels or just peel and stick?  That will play into my decision.

You don't know why you're an Alabama fan.  I think I said that.  And then you said it. It's like an echo. 

Some possibilities:

1) You're a bandwaggoner and jumped on during one of the few years Bama had the upper hand over Auburn.
2) You grew up in a predominantly Bama area and opted to be a sheeple so as to avoid getting beat up or ridiculed by the toothless nation.
3) You bought into the concept that "Tharteen Nashunal Champeenships" is tradition, when it is, in fact, a lie first and foremost, and not by any stretch of the definition "tradition"
4) You aspired to grow a mullet and tattoo the visage of grizzled drunks across your back.
5) Elephants get you horny. 

There's no good reason for a person with no affiliation to choose Alabama. Had this discussion with the girl who cuts my hair. She moved here from St. Louis and chose to be a Bama fan when she was accosted by an obnoxious fan friend who demanded that she "choose"  It was, she said, easier to be a Bama fan because Auburn fans didn't act like asses to Bama fans like Bama fans did to Auburn fans.  I bought her an Auburn t-shirt and asked her why she wanted to side with the assholes and be considered one herself just by association. She is now dating an Auburn fan and I expect a conversion soon.

I think she's right, though.  It's easier to be a Bama fan because you don't have to put up with all the obnoxious and ignorant bullshit Bama fans spew on a daily basis.
If we're going to play psychiatrist here, why do you like KISS?

1) Maybe you're a bandwagoner that jumped on while KISS was wildly popular.
2) You grew up around alot of people that like KISS, and you didn't want to be the odd man out.
3) You bought into the concept that face paint and men wearing platform shoes is cool.

I can't imagine why you would want to be a KISS fan, because I don't like them, therefore it is illogical for anybody to like KISS.

You can apply it to anybody who likes an NFL team. A MLB team. NHL. NBA. etc, etc. Just because somebody likes something, there doesn't have to be some deeply rooted psychiatric examination of the explanation why they like it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2011, 08:20:18 PM »
We're gonna need The Peoples Court to get this shit figured out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2011, 08:52:36 PM »
I remember you being pretty fucking scarce for a week or so after your failed special uniform announcement, and everybody was ragging your ass. I guess those walk-ons are pretty misinformed, huh? Or maybe the auto correct on their phones just malfunctioned when they texted you.
I have never been scarce on this site....although some wish I would be.  I came back and stated that the uniform change was told to me and I relayed it to this site.  I thought it was gonna happen, so did a lot of other people.  The information that I received was wrong....oh fucking well.  Again, I haven't gone maybe three days without posting something here.  Two of those days I was flying, with Jumbo, across the Country.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2011, 11:43:02 PM »
If we're going to play psychiatrist here, why do you like KISS?

1) Maybe you're a bandwagoner that jumped on while KISS was wildly popular.
2) You grew up around alot of people that like KISS, and you didn't want to be the odd man out.
3) You bought into the concept that face paint and men wearing platform shoes is cool.

I can't imagine why you would want to be a KISS fan, because I don't like them, therefore it is illogical for anybody to like KISS.

You can apply it to anybody who likes an NFL team. A MLB team. NHL. NBA. etc, etc. Just because somebody likes something, there doesn't have to be some deeply rooted psychiatric examination of the explanation why they like it.

I also believe y'all have the most bandwaggoney fan base in the world and that rootin' fer da Bahr is the just another piece of the inbred genetic material passed down though sex between siblings, like buck teeth and wall-eye.

But as much as it pains me to say it, because of this analogy, I am gonna have to call this one a draw.  Nice work, RWSDIM.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2011, 09:56:16 AM »
I have never been scarce on this site....although some wish I would be.  I came back and stated that the uniform change was told to me and I relayed it to this site.  I thought it was gonna happen, so did a lot of other people.  The information that I received was wrong....oh fucking well.  Again, I haven't gone maybe three days without posting something here.  Two of those days I was flying, with Jumbo, across the Country.
Yes. We know. Even after it was proven you would be wrong, you then offered the excuse that you really were going to be right, so much so that the players were disappointed in not changing uniforms, that it explained why AU played flat. They were so amped up about the uniform change, that when it didn't happened, their world was then crushed. Nobody cared about a prediction that AU was going to change uniforms. It was the matter of the fact that you threw it in everybody's faces how right you were going to be, and how connected you are. Even after Chizik himself said it wasn't going to happen, oh no.....you knew better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2011, 10:01:48 AM »
I also believe y'all have the most bandwaggoney fan base in the world and that rootin' fer da Bahr is the just another piece of the inbred genetic material passed down though sex between siblings, like buck teeth and wall-eye.

But as much as it pains me to say it, because of this analogy, I am gonna have to call this one a draw.  Nice work, RWSDIM.

I concur...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2011, 10:04:03 AM »

Maybe we do. I haven't taken a poll. However, I doubt you guys are going to run and tell all of these AU fans that have recently jumped on the wagon to get the fuck off. As much as I would like to tell some in our fanbase to please go put on an Auburn shirt, it just doesn't happen. I don't know why some choose to be an Alabama or Auburn fan, or why some people like the color green instead of grey. I don't care why some guy likes the Dallas Cowboys instead of the Atlanta Falcons. Most people in this country haven't played for either team. Most people in this country have no personally vested interest in any professional team, except they just like that team for whatever reason. I don't give a shit what that reason is. Maybe they like that team's colors. Maybe somebody likes the Seattle Seahawks because they live in Seattle. Maybe somebody likes to watch hockey because they like seeing people knock the shit out of each other. It doesn't really matter.

Fuck, I like watching America's Funniest Home Videos with my family sometimes at night. Is it because I think Tom Bergeron looks like some odd cat/human mix? Maybe. Maybe I just like seeing people be jackasses.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 10:09:42 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2011, 10:20:56 AM »
Most people in this country haven't played for either team. Most people in this country have no personally vested interest in any team, except they just like that team for whatever reason. I don't give a shit what that reason is. Maybe they like that team's colors. It doesn't really matter.

See, you shoulda quit while you were ahead.  I disagree with you here.  I do have a vested interest in Auburn, because that's where I went to school.  It is the reason that I tear up when that eagle circles the field.  It is the reason I spent $2000 to fly to Arizona. 

For pro-teams I still slightly disagree, because I would venture to say that the people buying the season tickets, do have a vested interest in how their team performs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

RWS

« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2011, 10:23:25 AM »
See, you shoulda quit while you were ahead.  I disagree with you here.  I do have a vested interest in Auburn, because that's where I went to school.  It is the reason that I tear up when that eagle circles the field.  It is the reason I spent $2000 to fly to Arizona. 

For pro-teams I still slightly disagree, because I would venture to say that the people buying the season tickets, do have a vested interest in how their team performs.
I edited it before you posted and put professional teams. That is what I actually meant. My point with the pro teams is, why wouldn't you ask why they have enough interest in that team in the first place to even buy a season ticket?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2011, 10:29:30 AM »
I edited it before you posted and put professional teams. That is what I actually meant. My point with the pro teams is, why wouldn't you ask why they have enough interest in that team in the first place to even buy a season ticket?

You are now continuing to sell way past when the sale was made...you need to know when to shut the fuck up...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2011, 11:52:34 AM »

I could point out a hundred reasons why the analogy is flawed, but there's no point in belaboring it. 

The girl who cuts my hair is right.  It's "easier" to be a bama fan if you have no ties to either school because if you adopt them, you don't have to put up with their ignorant, assholish abuse.  It's really as simple as that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.