Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Pathetic excuse for journalism

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Pathetic excuse for journalism
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2011, 04:10:34 PM »
What's funny is, that pic was taken by a guy on BOL who went down and told the guy holding the sign how much of a piece of shit he was for having that sign. And the guy then got rid of the sign.

http://alabama.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=427&tid=154352848&mid=154352848&sid=885&style=2

Oh, and that thread is pretty much chock full of BOL folks thanking him for reaming the guy holding the sign.

I don't see too many pissed off bammers in that pic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2011, 04:59:25 PM »
What's funny is, that pic was taken by a guy on BOL who went down and told the guy holding the sign how much of a piece of shit he was for having that sign. And the guy then got rid of the sign.

http://alabama.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=427&tid=154352848&mid=154352848&sid=885&style=2

Oh, and that thread is pretty much chock full of BOL folks thanking him for reaming the guy holding the sign.

Yes, hilarious. This guy should be a hero!! I mean, he took a picture and posted it on line for the world to see BEFORE he went and told him to get rid of it. That was smart.

I hope that this brilliant dude isn't walking by when an old granny is getting robbed, or some pregnant lady is getting harrased by a bunch of punks, or the local handi-cap child is getting picked on by the school bully. I would hate to know that he would take a picture before he took any action just so that he could post it on-line and let the victims relive the moment...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2011, 05:30:56 PM »
Yeah, thats it. Show some emotion and thats bad eh? Fuck you douchebag.

YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!
This guy agrees.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2011, 05:52:56 PM »

Were they the same ones that sent Calloway death threats for switching his commitment or were they the ones wishing that he'd break his legs at Auburn?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2011, 08:54:57 PM »
Were they the same ones that sent Calloway death threats for switching his commitment or were they the ones wishing that he'd break his legs at Auburn?
Not sure, but they might know the AU fans that wished Petey Smith and Johnathan Atchison such a wonderful career at Alabama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2011, 09:23:26 PM »
Not sure, but they might know the AU fans that wished Petey Smith and Johnathan Atchison such a wonderful career at Alabama.
Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and call bullshit on that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

BZ770

• BZ770 Is The Most Interesting Person On The X
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2011, 10:18:05 PM »
On behalf of the bamzo at least he's been to a basketball game, there is picture proof.  Now if he's ever been to a football game is unknown, but he's at least done something that one poster has never done. :haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2011, 10:37:21 PM »
Quit trying to defend your classless inbred fucking fanbase. 

We don't give a shit.  We know what you are and what you've always been.   Your lies, obfuscations, diversions, misdirections, feints, parries and justifications mean nothing.
Does our fanbase have a large amount of morons? Sure. Absolutely. But, obviously there are some in the fanbase that aren't a total embarassment as well. As for how those numbers are proportioned, I'll leave that to you guys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2011, 10:40:00 PM »
Unreal
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2011, 11:16:14 PM »
Does our fanbase have a large amount of morons? Sure. Absolutely. But, obviously there are some in the fanbase that aren't a total embarassment as well. As for how those numbers are proportioned, I'll leave that to you guys.

The number of somewhat decent fans to the number of Shane/Legend/Birmingham quality fans?

1 out of 11,396

Who wants to wade through 11,396 pieces of shit to find a penny? 

You are what you are. 

Even you, RWS, you who can carry on a moderately decent conversation, are yourself almost a caricature. 

You didn't go to the school. Don't know if you're related to anybody who went there.  You've never been there for a game.  You have no idea where the stadium even is in relation to the rest of that hideous campus.  You don't know what's next to it.  Don't know the name of the guy who runs the grill that sits in the shadow of that tub of excrement.  You don't have any clue that BDS borders on a graveyard and a pile of rundown slums.

You have no legitimate affiliation with the school and yet you "loves you some crimpson tahd."  You have no idea WHY you do.  Somebody -- maybe it was a snuff snorting granny who got wet knickers when she saw Boozer Bryant on the black and white TV, maybe it was a dog handling segregation-era cop who saw Bammer "success" as justification for keeping "those people" in line, maybe it was some cousin you wanted to bang who wore rebel flag panties and once was a fluffer at Joe Namath's party out in Cottondale -- whoever it was, somebody influenced you to "love you some crimpson tahd." 

No offense, but you're nothing more than a brainwashed sheep.  You're no different than an Islamic extremist who does things because he's been told to and doesn't really know why.   Doesn't care why. 

Ugh. 

I don't care what you say.  I've been around this rivalry for a lot of years.  Auburn fans are different than Alabama fans.  It's changed somewhat over the last 30 years because of our continued success -- nay, dominance -- of the Tide, but for the most part Auburn fans have some familial allegiance with the school  If we didn't go there ourselves our parents did or our children did (or will).   Auburn is a part of us and who we are.  It's bigger than a damn football team.  It's bigger than a man.  Glory, glory to Auburn.  Not some houndstooth dipstick.  Not some punk ass tyrant.  Auburn. 

Forget it.  You couldn't possibly understand. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2011, 11:55:03 PM »
The number of somewhat decent fans to the number of Shane/Legend/Birmingham quality fans?

1 out of 11,396

You are what you are. 

Even you, RWS, you who can carry on a moderately decent conversation, are yourself almost a caricature. 

You didn't go to the school. Don't know if you're related to anybody who went there.  You've never been there for a game.  You have no idea where the stadium even is in relation to the rest of that hideous campus.  You don't know what's next to it.  Don't know the name of the guy who runs the grill that sits in the shadow of that tub of excrement.  You don't have any clue that BDS borders on a graveyard and a pile of rundown slums.

You have no legitimate affiliation with the school and yet you "loves you some crimpson tahd."  You have no idea WHY you do.  Somebody -- maybe it was a snuff snorting granny who got wet knickers when she saw Boozer Bryant on the black and white TV, maybe it was a dog handling segregation-era cop who saw Bammer "success" as justification for keeping "those people" in line, maybe it was some cousin you wanted to bang who wore rebel flag panties and once was a fluffer at Joe Namath's party out in Cottondale -- whoever it was, somebody influenced you to "love you some crimpson tahd." 

No offense, but you're nothing more than a brainwashed sheep.  You're no different than an Islamic extremist who does things because he's been told to and doesn't really know why.   Doesn't care why. 

Ugh. 

I don't care what you say.  I've been around this rivalry for a lot of years.  Auburn fans are different than Alabama fans.  It's changed somewhat over the last 30 years because of our continued success -- nay, dominance -- of the Tide, but for the most part Auburn fans have some familial allegiance with the school  If we didn't go there ourselves our parents did or our children did (or will).   Auburn is a part of us and who we are.  It's bigger than a damn football team.  It's bigger than a man.  Glory, glory to Auburn.  Not some houndstooth dipstick.  Not some punk ass tyrant.  Auburn. 

The truth will set you free.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2011, 12:06:05 AM »

1 out of 11,396

You are what you are. 

Ugh. 

This....sadly RWS will probably just skim over it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2011, 12:09:45 AM »
Telling someone that you hope they break their legs or wishing some kind of harm on them...is a little bit different than saying that you hope they enjoy riding the bench or that they'll probably be on Medical Hardship in a few years regardless if they're hurt or if they've put 3-4 years of their heart and soul into the football team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2011, 12:44:28 AM »
Damn glad to have Kaos active again.  RWS may have gotten lost on a detail in there - probably doesn't know Cottondale from Carrollton.  Freshened my recollection of BDS from a couple months back - rundown slums on the outside, rundover sluts on the inside.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2011, 01:00:32 AM »
Damn glad to have Kaos active again.  RWS may have gotten lost on a detail in there - probably doesn't know Cottondale from Carrollton.  Freshened my recollection of BDS from a couple months back - rundown slums on the outside, rundover sluts on the inside.

I will say this, however.  The dingy little diner on the cemetery side of the stadium makes a damn fine hamburger.   If you can stomach the acres of crimpson garbage the guy who runs it is actually a pretty decent sort and the burgers and shakes are outstanding. 

Joe used to live in some "swanky" apartments out in Cottondale.  Before they built the FoodWorld out there (out of business now I think) and before there was all that other junk.  It's really the end of University Blvd that runs through Cottondale and out toward the Interstate junction.  Wish I could remember the name of those apartments, but it escapes me now.  Joe used to have cocaine and booze binges out there I was told.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 01:02:58 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2011, 09:39:13 AM »

1 out of 11,396

You are what you are. 

Ugh. 

This is what I hear in my head when reading your post...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2011, 01:35:37 PM »

1 out of 11,396

You are what you are. 

Ugh. 

Just a few things.....

Yes, I have been to the campus. Yes, I have been to the stadium. I have been to Auburn's stadium and campus as well. No, I haven't been there for a game. Yes, I have a relative who went to Alabama. I also have relatives that went to Auburn. My grandparents are Auburn fans, and one is an alumni. My dad is a Notre Dame fan. My mother could give a shit less about football. I don't care about what Bear Bryant did. I wasn't alive then, and it was a long time ago. Nobody told me to like Alabama football. Maybe that's why I get along with fans from other fanbases fairly well. Maybe that's why I don't "hate" other certain college teams. I don't know. It's simply the team I chose.

Any other labels you would like to apply?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2011, 01:36:52 PM »
This....sadly RWS will probably just skim over it.
Unlike you, Prowler, I don't mind responding when somebody lights me up. I suppose I could just do like you do and sulk away for a week or two.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2011, 01:40:37 PM »
Unlike you, Prowler, I don't mind responding when somebody lights me up. I suppose I could just do like you do and sulk away for a week or two.
pow pow
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2011, 01:50:39 PM »
Just a few things.....

Yes, I have been to the campus. Yes, I have been to the stadium. I have been to Auburn's stadium and campus as well. No, I haven't been there for a game. Yes, I have a relative who went to Alabama. I also have relatives that went to Auburn. My grandparents are Auburn fans, and one is an alumni. My dad is a Notre Dame fan. My mother could give a poop less about football. I don't care about what Bear Bryant did. I wasn't alive then, and it was a long time ago. Nobody told me to like Alabama football. Maybe that's why I get along with fans from other fanbases fairly well. Maybe that's why I don't "hate" other certain college teams. I don't know. It's simply the team I chose.

Any other labels you would like to apply?

Are they permanent labels or just peel and stick?  That will play into my decision.

You don't know why you're an Alabama fan.  I think I said that.  And then you said it. It's like an echo. 

Some possibilities:

1) You're a bandwaggoner and jumped on during one of the few years Bama had the upper hand over Auburn.
2) You grew up in a predominantly Bama area and opted to be a sheeple so as to avoid getting beat up or ridiculed by the toothless nation.
3) You bought into the concept that "Tharteen Nashunal Champeenships" is tradition, when it is, in fact, a lie first and foremost, and not by any stretch of the definition "tradition"
4) You aspired to grow a mullet and tattoo the visage of grizzled drunks across your back.
5) Elephants get you horny. 

There's no good reason for a person with no affiliation to choose Alabama. Had this discussion with the girl who cuts my hair. She moved here from St. Louis and chose to be a Bama fan when she was accosted by an obnoxious fan friend who demanded that she "choose"  It was, she said, easier to be a Bama fan because Auburn fans didn't act like asses to Bama fans like Bama fans did to Auburn fans.  I bought her an Auburn t-shirt and asked her why she wanted to side with the assholes and be considered one herself just by association. She is now dating an Auburn fan and I expect a conversion soon.

I think she's right, though.  It's easier to be a Bama fan because you don't have to put up with all the obnoxious and ignorant bullshit Bama fans spew on a daily basis.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions