Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What If....

JR4AU

Re: What If....
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2011, 06:50:34 PM »
Some of what has been said about the Tuscaloosa connection is not true.  I have first-hand knowledge.

I have nothing other than suspicion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2011, 07:01:36 PM »
Link?

Talking specifically about the alleged involvement of an Alabama assistant coach.  The connection made by callers on Finebaum and in the message board medium is simply absurd.  I don't know everything and I have no deeply buried sources as much as I once did, but I do have some first hand information about this subject -- and in fact I think I may have shared some of it way back in late 2009 in another discussion.

What's funny is that I should have seen it all coming based on what I knew then, but the simple fact is that we didn't know who the players would turn out to be.

Long and short, the thing simply isn't as portrayed and the surety with which some have repeated it boggles me mind. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2011, 07:23:40 PM »

Long and short, the thing simply isn't as portrayed

BINGO!

WDE
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2011, 10:46:50 AM »
If it happened at Bama..it'd be just as big a deal. Period.  Sorry to bust a bubble but the Means deal was as national as it ever could be.  Message boards etc. had not taken off yet and Bama was gettin the phuking hammer.  Make no mistake...the level of scrutiny is an SEC thing and an SEC thing only.  tOSU is guilty of far more and they will never..EVER...feel the wrath of the NCAA.

^^This^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan