Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Ed Dyas passes away

Ed Dyas passes away
« on: January 24, 2011, 09:49:29 AM »
AUBURN, Ala. (AP) -- College Football Hall of Famer and former Auburn star Ed Dyas has died after a long battle with cancer.

Auburn officials said the 71-year-old Dyas died Sunday. No further details were immediately available.

The fullback, linebacker and kicker was fourth in the 1960 Heisman Trophy balloting and was inducted into the Hall in 2009.

Dyas finished his career as Auburn's No. 6 leading rusher with 1,298 yards, leading the Tigers in rushing and scoring as a senior.

Dyas was also a three-time academic All-American who opted for medical school instead of pursuing a professional football career. He became an orthopedic surgeon in his hometown of Mobile, Ala.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/01/23/ed.dyas.ap/index.html#ixzz1Bxr8ExJa
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Ed Dyas passes away
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 09:51:09 AM »
Damn.  That sucks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Ed Dyas passes away
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 09:59:33 AM »
I got this from al.com. Look at the guy chasing Dyas. Whos is that? None other than Pat Dye.
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/01/football_star_turned_doctor_ed.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions