Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Will you even recognize the team next year?

Will you even recognize the team next year?
« on: January 14, 2011, 08:35:44 AM »
Gone:

Offense:
Fannin
Newton
Ziemba
Pugh
TZach
Kodi
Berry
Isom

Defense:
Carter
Fairley
Clayton
Stevens
Bynes
Washington
Etheridge

Special Teams:
Byrum
Shoemaker
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Will you even recognize the team next year?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 09:04:09 AM »
The team will def look a lot different. There will have to be a large group of young'ns have to step up for sure. It looks as if Trotter will probably be the starting QB. I am actually expecting the D to be pretty good. We'll have a young LB corp and an experienced defensive backfield. I'm not overly concerned about the DL either. Most of those guys have plenty of playing time. Its the offense I have some concern. The OL loses lots of experience. I do think the guys can step up but man I really hope we keep Grimes. On the other hand, we still have play makers on offense and plenty of it that is young and yet to be utilized. Oh yeah, and we still have Malzahn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 09:12:49 AM »
I've never heard of half of these guys and the ones I do know are way past their prime.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

JR4AU

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 09:34:06 AM »
I've never heard of half of these guys and the ones I do know are way past their prime.
Wow, kidding I hope?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 09:44:04 AM »
Wow, kidding I hope?

Buzz is almost always never serious about what he's kidding about.

I had some back and forth with the woopiggers last night about the prospects for AU in 2011.  Of course, Auburn is a 1 man...2 man at best team and will be lucky to get to 5 wins next season...and of course, with Arky winning it all.

People need to realize this team played a ton of guys this year and are far more talented than given credit for.  I'll go out on a limb and say no, we won't for favored to win the west and more than likely won't.  But you can't argue that Gus is a jeenyus and see what he did with ReTodd on the one hand....and say 5 wins at most on the other.  Put together a decent line and get a QB to work his system and you have another dangerous team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 09:50:30 AM »

I had some back and forth with the woopiggers last night about the prospects for AU in 2011.  Of course, Auburn is a 1 man...2 man at best team and will be lucky to get to 5 wins next season...and of course, with Arky winning it all.

People need to realize this team played a ton of guys this year and are far more talented than given credit for.  I'll go out on a limb and say no, we won't for favored to win the west and more than likely won't.  But you can't argue that Gus is a jeenyus and see what he did with ReTodd on the one hand....and say 5 wins at most on the other.  Put together a decent line and get a QB to work his system and you have another dangerous team.

I expect Auburn will have some drop off. Talent is one thing, experience is another, and you can't replace that.   Maybe it's just me, but some folks talk about Auburn dropping off a bit is unusual in college football, and the fucking piggie fans should know a thing or two about not winning them all ever, or winning them all every year.  But then they been studying the bammer babble for dummies book, and will try and convince you that they got someone better than Mallet riding the pine ready to come in and light the scoreboard up.  I hate to break the news to them, but they hit their top end this year with a BCS Bowl, and they couldn't even seal the deal there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 09:52:11 AM »
Wow, kidding I hope?

You need to watch more movies, my friend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 09:52:35 AM »
I had some back and forth with the woopiggers last night about the prospects for AU in 2011.

Oh, I'm sure that went well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 09:53:30 AM »

Most of these guys never had a prime.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

JR4AU

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 09:56:47 AM »
You need to watch more movies, my friend.

I watch plenty of movies.  Gladiator movies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2011, 09:58:49 AM »
Oh, I'm sure that went well.

he pwned them. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 10:01:42 AM »

You forget to mention Dyer & OMac returning. With possibly Calloway getting some snaps as well.

I see 2011 being a lot like 2010 South Carolina. We're gonna depend a lot on our young running back (Dyer). Trotter's style, and talent from how I gauge it, is pretty similar to that of Garcia. That team had 4-5 losses. They won their division, but that's a much taller order in the West, and I don't see us doing it next year. I'm convinced that will be LSU next year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011, 10:06:04 AM »
I don't really give a fuck about next year right now...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 10:09:44 AM »

why hate 2012?  armageddon?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2011, 10:09:49 AM »
he pwned them.

You don't pwn anyone there.  They have their take and there's zero reasoning with them.  Don't really try.  But, it's one hell of an entertaining board if you can look past the AU vitriol and absolute obsession with Houston Nuttz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 10:19:41 AM »
You forget to mention Dyer & OMac returning. With possibly Calloway getting some snaps as well.
Calloway will end up at LB at AU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2011, 10:23:31 AM »
Calloway will end up at LB at AU.

Especially when we sign Crowell...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2011, 10:23:41 AM »

:clap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2011, 11:03:20 AM »
Wow, kidding I hope?
That was beautiful Buzz.

This is when the staff proves itself, when it's backs are against the wall. I said well into the season that I thought Chizik might really put an exclamation point on Jacob's choice by somehow squeezing out eight wins looking ahead. But just glancing at the list above has me wondering if it's possible to take a shot to the head without even realizing it.

Then again,  engineers at Auburn might have developed a chip to artificially raise our expectations superceeding all of the sister phuking that Bamers engaged in over many generations to come to a similar annual conclusion at the open of each season, like a "Groundhog Day" syndrome of sorts.

I know the list above doesn't look too sporting on paper but I've been hearing dixieland bands and craving beignets every morning like clockwork ever since our team spotted the bastards 24 points and  imploded the hopes and dreams of mulletts and she-mulletts throughout Tuscaloosa and  beyond.

Still, I have no yearning as yet to build shrines or erect statues so it might just be a passing thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, 11:54:02 AM »
Most of these guys never had a prime.

This one here's dead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions