To Texas? Anybody?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Coach Grimes
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 02:57:48 PM »
I haven't heard this. I seriously hope not with losing a lot of OL seniors. This guy is a great coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 03:02:13 PM »
Heard rumors about it, but nothing concrete is being reported.  I hope we can keep him for a couple of more years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 03:12:52 PM »
http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/01/auburns-grimes-will-be-name-to-track-in.html

Auburn's Grimes will be name to track in Texas' OL coaching search
    Posted at 8:12 PM on Tue., Jan. 11, 2011 | Permalink
SportsDayDFW sports    Bio |  E-mail  | News tips
As Texas coach Mack Brown resumes his search for an offensive line coach, keep an eye on Auburn offensive line coach Jeff Grimes.

Grimes has spent the past two seasons at Auburn and is a Garland native who played college football at UT-El Paso. He has past experience working in the Big 12, serving as Colorado's offensive line coach in 2007-08 and working on the Texas A&M staff as a graduate assistant in 1996-97.

Grimes also spent the 2000 season on the staff at Boise State, where incoming Texas co-offensive coordinator Bryan Harsin played (1995-99) and coached (2001-10) for most of his career before joining the Longhorns' staff.

Ironically, Grimes spent his lone season at Boise during the only season that Harsin in the past 15 years when Harsin was not part of the Broncos' program. Harsin spent the 2000 season as the running backs and receivers coach at Eastern Oregon.

But you can bet the Boise connection, along with the Texas ties, will be looked upon favorably by Harsin, Brown and co-coordinator Major Applewhite, a former Texas quarterback.

Brown said Monday that Texas "stopped the process of (looking for) an offensive line coach until we could Bryan and Major together and start looking at who would fit best." That process began Monday, when Harsin held his first news conference.

And, with Auburn's season ending with Monday's 22-19 victory over Oregon in the BCS National Championship Game, it seems like this would be a good time to approach Grimes to gauge his interest.

If Grimes does not become the final coach to round out Brown's 2011 staff, another possibility could be Oklahoma State offensive line coach Joe Wickline.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 03:50:34 PM »
Two things....

1. Why make a lateral move to Texas?

and

2. Fuck Texas...they can not keep their hands out of our cookie jar. Ever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 03:52:19 PM »
Dear Mack Brown,

You keep you filthy whorish hands off Auburn's assistants, or i send Jumbo to visit you and your dog.

Sincerely,

Buzz
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 03:57:23 PM »
Texas is a fucking mess right now.  Why the hell would he want to leave a National Championship team for that shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 03:58:09 PM »
Two things....

Well, he did grow up in Texas, play college football in Texas, and coach at a couple of places in the Big 12. The Chizik-Brown connection probably doesn't hurt either. I think it would be a step down considering where our two programs are at this present moment in time, but it would not completely shock me if this came to fruition, because of those factors.

2. Fuck Texas...they can not keep their hands out of our cookie jar. Ever.
Ain't this the goddamn truth. The SEC in general, but Auburn particularly. Another reason I could see this having legs. The historical precedent is certainly there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 04:07:21 PM »
Building the resume. 

No problems here.  As long as we keep Chizik and Malzahn, I feel comfortable about next season.

And with the way these last two seasons have gone, as long as we keep Chizik, I don't think it matters what coaches go where.  We'll make good hires in the future. 

(crosses fingers)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 04:16:34 PM »
Building the resume. 

No problems here.  As long as we keep Chizik and Malzahn, I feel comfortable about next season.

And with the way these last two seasons have gone, as long as we keep Chizik, I don't think it matters what coaches go where.  We'll make good hires in the future. 

(crosses fingers)
Right there with ya.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 10:07:07 AM »
 Funny that big bad Texas needs little biddy cow college Auburn to keep its school halfway relevant. Fuck those faggots.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 10:15:33 AM »
Building the resume. 

(crosses fingers)

Hey, I hate losing coaches as much as anyone, but when you lose them like this, if he's gone, it's due to success at Auburn.  There's another OL coach out there.  As far as that goes, there's another OC out there too.  I'd give almost anything to see Malzahn remain forever, but he won't.  As long as we keep recruiting good players, the OC will look like he's at least competent, if not a genius.  I bet Chizik learned from his time here under Tubs that staff turnover isn't always a bad thing...keeping young hungry coaches on rolling in and out on staff beats lazy deadwood "asst. coach for life" guys that thinks nothing can touch them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 10:19:04 AM »
Hey, I hate losing coaches as much as anyone, but when you lose them like this, if he's gone, it's due to success at Auburn.  There's another OL coach out there.  As far as that goes, there's another OC out there too.  I'd give almost anything to see Malzahn remain forever, but he won't.  As long as we keep recruiting good players, the OC will look like he's at least competent, if not a genius.  I bet Chizik learned from his time here under Tubs that staff turnover isn't always a bad thing...keeping young hungry coaches on rolling in and out on staff beats lazy deadwood "asst. coach for life" guys that thinks nothing can touch them.

Actually the queers in Austin are saying it took a Texas man for auburn to win.... :jaw:  I'm dead serious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 10:49:47 AM »
http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/The-latest-on-Jeff-Grimes-11246

Damn, they've gone and made this a VIP article, it was a freebie.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 11:47:48 AM by djsimp41 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 11:27:08 AM »

He likes to take December and January off?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 11:28:53 AM »
He likes to take December and January off?

:rimshot:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 11:42:07 AM »
Strong rumors says Texas has offered but Grimes is turning it down. I guess we'll see pretty soon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 12:54:01 PM »
On one hand, as long as we hire someone good to replace him with, I won't hate on the man moving back to his home state....if he goes.

On the other hand, I am sick and tired of UT sniping our coaches.  I also don't like how this would affect the Westerman recruitment.....if he goes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 01:08:13 PM »
On one hand, as long as we hire someone good to replace him with, I won't hate on the man moving back to his home state....if he goes.

On the other hand, I am sick and tired of UT sniping our coaches.  I also don't like how this would affect the Westerman recruitment.....if he goes.

So, you're saying if he goes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 01:17:41 PM »
Rumor has it -

We're going to use an anonymous booster to wire an extra $180k to Coach Grimes' checking account.  This payment will be divided into 12 sections.  Despite what you hear in the media, Coach Grimes will remain eligible to coach AT AUBURN. 

Just know that while Coach Grimes' agent has been part of these pay-for-coach conversations, Coach Grimes himself has not known anything about the discussions. 

Coach Grimes may spend one day away from the Auburn program, but he should be reinstated as coach as early as the next day.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 01:40:27 PM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole