NFL Draft Order (1-20)

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: NFL Draft Order (1-20)
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2011, 04:28:18 PM »
Some of these guys aren't exactly spectacular, but the Pac 10 has:

Rogers, Palmer, Cassel, Leinart, Kevin Kolb, Mark Sanchez, Derrick Anderson, Trent Edwards, and Matt Moore.

Several of them could be described as "sucking"....but the fact is, they have all played and started a significant amount of games this year in the NFL, so that says something.  That's 9 guys from the 10 team Pac 10.  Not bad.

The SEC has the two Mannings, Cutler, Stafford, and Jason Campbell.  Five guys from 12 teams.

Kolb played at Houston...Conference USA
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2011, 04:32:31 PM »
Kolb played at Houston...Conference USA

Halt with your Cougar trivia.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2011, 04:38:54 PM »
You wouldn't count Eli?

I guess.  He's thrown 20 interceptions twice, with his most ever coming this year.  What's odd is that he threw the most interception this year while getting sacked the least amount in his career.  I don't watch enough NFL to know if he is trying to get rid of the ball faster and making mistakes, or has time and still throws picks.  He also fumbles a lot (5 fumbles in 16 sacks, for comparison Cutler was sacked 52 times to lead the league and fumbled 9 times).  Just checked the stats on ESPN.com and he is top 10 in every statistical category except rating.  So the numbers are there, except for the 25 int's. 

I think looking at Peyton, Brady, and Brees have spoiled me for what a good NFL QB used to look like.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2011, 04:59:52 PM »

Rogers, Palmer, Cassel, Leinart, Kevin Kolb, Mark Sanchez, Derrick Anderson, Trent Edwards, and Matt Moore.

Those are starters. And Palmer, Cassel and Sanchez all came from the same school...

I wasn't taking the whole damn roster. Hell, I guess I could throw in John Parker Wilson and Brody Croyle if I had to...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2011, 06:44:52 PM »
Those are starters. And Palmer, Cassel and Sanchez all came from the same school...

I wasn't taking the whole damn roster. Hell, I guess I could throw in John Parker Wilson and Brody Croyle if I had to...

They've all started games and played quite a bit.  I wasn't just looking at rosters, but at QBs who have started this year.  I even admitted some of them sucked....but they've all started.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

JR4AU

« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2011, 07:14:50 PM »
Was just listening to Morten Anderson...says that any GM or coach in the league agrees Luck is the #1 guy by far. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2011, 07:48:09 PM »
Some of these guys aren't exactly spectacular, but the Pac 10 has:

Several of them could be described as "sucking"....but the fact is, they have all played and started a significant amount of games this year in the NFL, so that says something.  That's 9 guys from the 10 team Pac 10.  Not bad.

The SEC has the two Mannings, Cutler, Stafford, and Jason Campbell.  Five guys from 12 teams. 

The SEC has had Jason Campbell, Payton and Eli Manning, Jay Cutler, Ben Rothelisburger, Michael Vick, Tom Brady, Shaq, Pistol Pete, Tiger Woods, Jack Nicholson, Matthew Stafford, etc.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2011, 07:53:20 PM »
The SEC has had Jason Campbell, Payton and Eli Manning, Jay Cutler, Ben Rothelisburger, Michael Vick, Tom Brady, Shaq, Pistol Pete, Tiger Woods, Jack Nicholson, Matthew Stafford, etc.

Mike Vick? Really?

Was just listening to Morten Anderson...says that any GM or coach in the league agrees Luck is the #1 guy by far. 

I didn't say that I was right...I just said that I can make a case for him to be the taken over anyone else. I just don't see how Luck is the clear cut number one. That just doesn't make sense to me.

Matter of fact, I think I just saw Kiper's big board and the Missouri QB who just announced he was coming out was the second QB predicted to be taken. That makes no sense to me either.

BTW, the number 2 over all pick on that list was Fairley...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2011, 08:44:17 PM »
Mike Vick? Really?

I didn't say that I was right...I just said that I can make a case for him to be the taken over anyone else. I just don't see how Luck is the clear cut number one. That just doesn't make sense to me.

Matter of fact, I think I just saw Kiper's big board and the Missouri QB who just announced he was coming out was the second QB predicted to be taken. That makes no sense to me either.

BTW, the number 2 over all pick on that list was Fairley...

I wasn't saying you're wrong.  You and I agree on Cam.  Luck has the advantage of playing in "Pro Style" offense, and being coached by an "NFL guy".  I think if not for that, he'd not be nearly as highly regarded. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2011, 09:36:35 PM »
I wasn't saying you're wrong.  You and I agree on Cam.  Luck has the advantage of playing in "Pro Style" offense, and being coached by an "NFL guy".  I think if not for that, he'd not be nearly as highly regarded.

Watching the game tonight?

Yeah...I take my chances on a QB that doesn't play in an offense only league...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2011, 10:23:36 PM »
Bingo...

Which NFL teams need a QB?  Titans, 49ers, Jaguars, Texans...?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2011, 10:45:30 PM »
Watching the game tonight?

Yeah...I take my chances on a QB that doesn't play in an offense only league...

He's not doing horrible, but yeah, it's not easy for him either.  A big time QB can carry a team in a game like this.  Luck can't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2011, 10:49:49 PM »
Bingo...

Which NFL teams need a QB?  Titans, 49ers, Jaguars, Texans...?

Panthers, Broncos, Bills, Vikings, Dolphins...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2011, 11:54:24 PM »
Luck looked pretty damn good to me.  First time I've seen him play this season.  He's the best pro style QB in this draft.  Maybe not the best college quarterback, but he'll be the best NFL quarterback of this bunch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2011, 12:02:06 AM »
Luck looked pretty damn good to me.  First time I've seen him play this season.  He's the best pro style QB in this draft.  Maybe not the best college quarterback, but he'll be the best NFL quarterback of this bunch.

He looked much better in the second half. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2011, 12:31:56 AM »
Panthers, Broncos, Bills, Vikings, Dolphins...
The Panthers took their QB last year with Clausen....2nd round if I remember correctly.  Denver has their QB in Tebow.  So, Bills, Vikings, Dolphins.  Dolphins with Ronnie B and Ricky or the Vikings with Adrian P and Gerhart.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 12:33:43 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2011, 08:53:59 AM »
The Panthers took their QB last year with Clausen....2nd round if I remember correctly.  Denver has their QB in Tebow.  So, Bills, Vikings, Dolphins.  Dolphins with Ronnie B and Ricky or the Vikings with Adrian P and Gerhart.

I would love to see Newton running the offense in Miami. This offense is "AWK" made for him. If he can stay in the pool until the 18th pick, I def see the Dolphins making the move. They need a QB in a bad bad way. Hell, they may even jump up and get him just to secure it. I really hope they don't trade Ronnie though, that would spoil it a little but for me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2011, 09:38:33 AM »
I would love to see Newton running the offense in Miami. This offense is "AWK" made for him. If he can stay in the pool until the 18th pick, I def see the Dolphins making the move. They need a QB in a bad bad way. Hell, they may even jump up and get him just to secure it. I really hope they don't trade Ronnie though, that would spoil it a little but for me.

Ronnie's as good as gone. 

They screwed him in the last game, and he hasn't been very productive this year.  Either he'll want to go, or they're wanting to get rid of him.  (Just my opinion)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

djsimp

« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2011, 09:42:17 AM »
Ronnie's as good as gone. 

They screwed him in the last game, and he hasn't been very productive this year.  Either he'll want to go, or they're wanting to get rid of him.  (Just my opinion)

Yeah, I remember you said that and it certainly seems to be the writing on the wall. It sucks because that takes a little of the luster out of Cam to the Dolphins scenario. It sure is funny how things have worked out for Ricky Williams though. I would have never imagined that he would still be there after his little episode.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 09:45:42 AM by djsimp41 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2011, 03:35:01 PM »
He looked much better in the second half.

Yes he did. He made a couple of damn good throws the second half. I am still not sold that Cam could not have done the exact same thing though...

Honestly, the only plus that Luck has over Cam is the system he plays in. I think there is just much more upside with Cam.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions