Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

NFL Draft Order (1-20)

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: NFL Draft Order (1-20)
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2011, 03:01:30 PM »
I now have two loves in my live. Big city livin' and a voodoo woman name Phyllis.

Ciao,
Roberto

Who's Helen?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2011, 03:04:51 PM »
Make the argument that Cam is better than Andrew Luck.

Cam has as many TD's passing, 28, as Luck has with one fewer interception and 100 fewer attempts. Cam is 3" taller and has about 30 lbs on Luck...while Cam is definitely the better runner. Cam had 1400 yards rushing with 20 TD's on the ground while Luck had 438 yards rushing and 3 TD's.

Cam is by far the superior athlete.

Cam is a winner. He lead Auburn to an undefeated season with a chance for a National Title and let Blynn JUCO to a National Title last year as well.

Cam played in the SEC where there are superior defenses to that of the Pac-10. Auburn also played Clemson which ranks in the Top 25 in total defense as well.

Cam has far more up-side than Luck. You can build a team around Cam. He can take a group of guys and make them excel. Can Luck do that? Cam took a 7-5 team last year and made them 13-0 this year. With almost the exact same players.

Luck will have to have play makers surrounding him to be successful...Cam is a playmaker that makes other players successful.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2011, 03:07:29 PM »
Honestly, I would take a long look at Toofies Moore.  Not saying 1st round over any of the bigger pro style QB's but this kid is good.  He'll be worth a pick when he does enter the draft.  He's as accurate as any QB I've seen and has a stronger arm than you would think for a dwarf.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2011, 03:14:22 PM »
Cam has as many TD's passing, 28, as Luck has with one fewer interception and 100 fewer attempts. Cam is 3" taller and has about 30 lbs on Luck...while Cam is definitely the better runner. Cam had 1400 yards rushing with 20 TD's on the ground while Luck had 438 yards rushing and 3 TD's.

Cam is a winner. He lead Auburn to an undefeated season with a chance for a National Title and let Blynn JUCO to a National Title last year as well.

Cam played in the SEC where there are superior defenses to that of the Pac-10. Auburn also played Clemson which ranks in the Top 25 in total defense as well.

Cam has far more up-side than Luck. You can build a team around Cam. He can take a group of guys and make them excel. Can Luck do that? Cam took a 7-5 team last year and made them 13-0 this year. With almost the exact same players.

Luck will have to have play makers surrounding him to be successful...Cam is a playmaker that makes other players successful.

^^This^^

But you and I are homers.  An NFL scout is going to say,

Luck has been doing it in Div. I for 3 years, Cam has only had 1 year at the top level.
Luck has been in a pro style offense, Cam has not.
And spread QB's do not have the best track record in the NFL, that will scare off a lot of people.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2011, 03:19:54 PM »
^^This^^

But you and I are homers.  An NFL scout is going to say,

Luck has been doing it in Div. I for 3 years, Cam has only had 1 year at the top level.
Luck has been in a pro style offense, Cam has not.
And spread QB's do not have the best track record in the NFL, that will scare off a lot of people.

You shut your dirty hoarish mouf.  Cam is a god.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2011, 03:20:40 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

jadennis

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2011, 03:36:47 PM »

No offense, but most of your reasons sound like that of a 12 year old Auburn fan who has never been outside of 36830.....meaning, almost all of the same things could be said about Luck if you were a Stanford fan that had never been outside of 94305.  In other words, it sounds a little like "he's better because he's my favorite".

Luck is 6' 4", 235 lbs....so Cam has him by 2" and 15 lbs....which is pretty irrelevant since both are easily NFL ready size.  It's kind of like saying someone clears a hurdle by 1" and someone else clears it by 2"....as long as you clear it, it really doesn't matter.

Is Luck not a winner?  Didn't he just go 11-1 at STANFORD of all places.  (Stanford was also 8-5 last year).

I'm mostly just not sure how statements like "you can build a team around Cam" and "he can take a group of guys and make them excel", could not also apply equally to Luck.  You just happen to be an Auburn fan, not a Stanford fan.   Cam may very well be a better pro one day, but nothing you just listed necessarily sets him apart from Luck. 

Essentially it will come down to what a team is looking for.  If a team has no intention on running their QB, then most of the statistical advantage (rushing numbers) for Cam will be meaningless to that particular GM.

As for upside, again, that's a guess.  You could say Cam has more because he could be a dual threat like Vick, but if Luck turned out to be a Tom Brady or a Peyton Manning, then "dual threat" is of no interest and not necessary.   Of course Luck could be the next Ryan Leaf.   But Cam could be the next Brad Smith or Vince Young.  You just never know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2011, 03:41:02 PM »
No offense, but most of your reasons sound like that of a 12 year old Auburn fan who has never been outside of 36830.....meaning, almost all of the same things could be said about Luck if you were a Stanford fan that had never been outside of 94305.  In other words, it sounds a little like "he's better because he's my favorite".

Luck is 6' 4", 235 lbs....so Cam has him by 2" and 15 lbs....which is pretty irrelevant since both are easily NFL ready size.  It's kind of like saying someone clears a hurdle by 1" and someone else clears it by 2"....as long as you clear it, it really doesn't matter.

Is Luck not a winner?  Didn't he just go 11-1 at STANFORD of all places.  (Stanford was also 8-5 last year).

I'm mostly just not sure how statements like "you can build a team around Cam" and "he can take a group of guys and make them excel", could not also apply equally to Luck.  You just happen to be an Auburn fan, not a Stanford fan.   Cam may very well be a better pro one day, but nothing you just listed necessarily sets him apart from Luck. 

Essentially it will come down to what a team is looking for.  If a team has no intention on running their QB, then most of the statistical advantage (rushing numbers) for Cam will be meaningless to that particular GM.

As for upside, again, that's a guess.  You could say Cam has more because he could be a dual threat like Vick, but if Luck turned out to be a Tom Brady or a Peyton Manning, then "dual threat" is of no interest and not necessary.   Of course Luck could be the next Ryan Leaf.   But Cam could be the next Brad Smith or Vince Young.  You just never know.

Ok. 
You are right. 
Can we just agree that he looks like a fucktard?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2011, 03:43:42 PM »

Didn't Luck have a RB that was a Heisman trophy runner up last year? And Luck hasn't been doing it for 3 years...he was red shirted his first year. He has 2 years and Cam has 1...not counting the days at Florida. I take my chances on Cam who has played and won in the SEC.

Seriously...who is the last Pac-10 QB that has been really good in the Pro's? I have to be missing someone besides Palmer? Cassel? Leinart?

Edit...

Rodgers is pretty good I guess...He played at Cal right?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 03:44:39 PM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2011, 03:48:19 PM »
There is not a QB that I would take over Cam Newton. I could argue with anyone that Cam is better than any QB available...

With what's available, I'd have to agree he'd be no bigger a gamble than any, and has more upside as an athlete. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2011, 03:50:29 PM »
Didn't Luck have a RB that was a Heisman trophy runner up last year? And Luck hasn't been doing it for 3 years...he was red shirted his first year. He has 2 years and Cam has 1...not counting the days at Florida. I take my chances on Cam who has played and won in the SEC.

Seriously...who is the last Pac-10 QB that has been really good in the Pro's? I have to be missing someone besides Palmer? Cassel? Leinart?

Edit...

Rodgers is pretty good I guess...He played at Cal right?

Who is the last SEC QB to make the Pro Bowl?  Manning(s)?  Stafford may be good if he can stay upright.  Cutler can't differentiate DB's from WR's. 

SEC QB's haven't exactly been tearing it up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2011, 04:00:44 PM »
Who is the last SEC QB to make the Pro Bowl?  Manning(s)?  Stafford may be good if he can stay upright.  Cutler can't differentiate DB's from WR's. 

I would say Cutler is doing pretty damn good

TDS
INT
YDS
RTG

Not to mention he has the Bears as the second best team in the NFC
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2011, 04:04:56 PM »
I would say Cutler is doing pretty damn good

TDS
INT
YDS
RTG

Not to mention he has the Bears as the second best team in the NFC
1 and done in the playoffs... and if they play the Patriots, it will be 1 quarter and done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

jadennis

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2011, 04:08:30 PM »
Some of these guys aren't exactly spectacular, but the Pac 10 has:

Rogers, Palmer, Cassel, Leinart, Kevin Kolb, Mark Sanchez, Derrick Anderson, Trent Edwards, and Matt Moore.

Several of them could be described as "sucking"....but the fact is, they have all played and started a significant amount of games this year in the NFL, so that says something.  That's 9 guys from the 10 team Pac 10.  Not bad.

The SEC has the two Mannings, Cutler, Stafford, and Jason Campbell.  Five guys from 12 teams. 

« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 04:12:13 PM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2011, 04:10:22 PM »
16 int's is still a lot.  And he's a jerk to boot.  At this point in his career he's just Jeff George.

Here's a mock draft of the 1st round.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2011/1/3/1910205/2011-nfl-mock-draft-andrew-luck

Some notables.  Luck 1st to Carolina, Fairley 7th to 49ers, Cam 12th to Vikings (they have Tennessee taking Dareus at 8, apparently they are counting on Bud keeping Young).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2011, 04:11:50 PM »
16 int's is still a lot.  And he's a jerk to boot.  At this point in his career he's just Jeff George.

Here's a mock draft of the 1st round.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2011/1/3/1910205/2011-nfl-mock-draft-andrew-luck

Some notables.  Luck 1st to Carolina, Fairley 7th to 49ers, Cam 12th to Vikings (they have Tennessee taking Dareus at 8, apparently they are counting on Bud keeping Young).

I don't see the Vikings taking Cam.  They seem to be liking what they may have in Webb from UAB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2011, 04:17:50 PM »

Cutler, Stafford, Eli, Peyton, Tebow, Jason Cambell,

That's 6 QB's that start from SEC schools.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2011, 04:21:49 PM »
Cutler, Stafford, Eli, Peyton, Tebow, Jason Cambell,

That's 6 QB's that start from SEC schools.

I didn't mean starting, I meant performing like first round picks.  Of those you mentioned, I would count Peyton.  Cutler did OK this year, but he still throws interception like his name his Favre.  Only he doesn't do it with a childlike joy and passion that inspires middle aged sportswriters to pop a chubby.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2011, 04:26:00 PM »
I didn't mean starting, I meant performing like first round picks.  Of those you mentioned, I would count Peyton.  Cutler did OK this year, but he still throws interception like his name his Favre.  Only he doesn't do it with a childlike joy and passion that inspires middle aged sportswriters to pop a chubby.

You wouldn't count Eli?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2011, 04:26:53 PM »
Vot about Rocky Marciano?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions