Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Trooper very upset with Auburn...

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Trooper very upset with Auburn...
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2010, 01:51:43 PM »
I know someone who woulda' kicked yo ass.  You may have heard of him.

My pops was scared of me. I would kick that old mans ass...now that he is 65
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2010, 01:53:01 PM »

Yo daddy would hit you so hard, by the time you stopped rollin' your clothes would be out of style.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2010, 01:56:54 PM »
Am I gonna have to have a word with Charles Lee?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2010, 01:57:21 PM »

...if the coach has a double standard, that's a completely different issue.

This is something I was assuming as well. I also was reading "dreads" not "braids" for some reason without thinking there was a difference. With braids, CCT has a good point. That is a "little" different as it can pose a safety hazard, especially in Basketball. Not as much in football. Troy Polamalu gets on m last nerve to this day with that bush floating widely outside of his helmet.

BTW - I dont necessarily agree with bringing this to the level of a lawsuit and for that I disagree with Trooper. It seems there could be a compromise of sorts here. Maybe change it from braids to dreads on gameday or something. But I do think the coach is being a total stick in the mud and its a dumb rule. That was my overall point. I still think he is stupid for it being just arbitrary. I am picturing Principal Strickland from Back to the Future.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2010, 01:59:11 PM »
Am I gonna have to have a word with Charles Lee?

Charles Lee would sink him like a 3 foot putt
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2010, 03:44:59 PM »
This is something I was assuming as well. I also was reading "dreads" not "braids" for some reason without thinking there was a difference. With braids, CCT has a good point. That is a "little" different as it can pose a safety hazard, especially in Basketball. Not as much in football. Troy Polamalu gets on m last nerve to this day with that bush floating widely outside of his helmet.

Those little cornrowed braids that are tight to the head would be as safe as a buzzcut.  See the attached picture of the kid from the OA News.  There is zero safety issue there.

I think that is neat and tidy and see no problem.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 03:45:32 PM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2010, 04:59:25 PM »
Those little cornrowed braids that are tight to the head would be as safe as a buzzcut.  See the attached picture of the kid from the OA News.  There is zero safety issue there.

Didn't realize that was the hair style in question.  I now understand where the coach is coming from.  I wouldn't want those damn thugs on my team either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2010, 05:04:32 PM »
How is that thug?  To me, "thug" is an attitude and one's actions, rather than appearance.  If the braids are the only thing about him that might identify him as a thug - if his shirts are tucked in and his pants are not at his knees and he doesn't have gold teeth and a massive rope chain - then someone is racially profiling. 

To me, a white guy shaving his head to the scalp could be equally and erroneously reflective of his beliefs - shaved heads automatically mean skinheads, right?  That is about as plausible as a black guy with braids being automatically called a thug.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2010, 05:07:38 PM »
Racial profiling is 67% effective.  Who gives a shit about the rights of the other 33%?

And I was joshing. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2010, 05:17:44 PM »
And I was joshing.

Can't ever tell with you jackbooted thugs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2010, 07:47:32 PM »

That is cornrows. Braids hang free; Like the black Wendy that catches passes for bammer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Tiger Wench

« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2010, 10:48:39 PM »
That picture is actually the kid in question - Trooper's kid.

Those are the braids in question.

And I see nothing wrong with them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2010, 11:03:38 PM »
I slap a bitch with my hair
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2010, 01:16:49 AM »
I slap a bitch with my hair

Ahhhhh! Chief Slapahoe gonna have a sqaw?

I do not see an issue with hue cornrows as long as the back of the hair cannot be whipped around.

Once again, damn Allen Iverson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.