Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

PLEASE!!!!

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: PLEASE!!!!
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2010, 12:19:55 PM »
First off, who is the "They" in "They say"?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2010, 12:22:30 PM »
First off, who is the "They" in "They say"?

"They" is them motherfuckers...whofuckingever.  I want some of WE's action too.  I'm betting all kinds of fucking cash on this if you're up for it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2010, 12:22:40 PM »
Herbstreit said he would vote Auburn #1 in 2004 if we won out too... how'd that Sugar Bowl taste?

We play a patsy this weekend while TCU plays Utah.  If TCU wins, they jump us into the #2 spot and they go undefeated.  What would we have to do to get that #2 spot back??  I am not sure we can!!

It is all dependent on SOS... so since GA sucks, we have to absolutely demolish Georgia, and since just winning on the road in the SEC is apparently not enough, we have to blow the doors off a one loss bammer in Turdville - and if bammer takes a dump to LSU and/or MSU before we get them, we are fucked. 

Look, I want to believe.  OH!!  How I want to believe!!  But I am cynical... and I trust those voting motherfuckers about as far as I can spit.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2010, 12:28:22 PM »
And now Karma is sitting back and laughing her ass off... I have to pull for bammer to beat LSU this weekend...

Or for LSU to hang half a hundred on them and whip them up one end of the field and down the other... and we all know that is NOT gonna happen...

A 3 point last minute Hat Trick for the LSU win will NOT help us. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2010, 12:28:48 PM »
Herbstreit said he would vote Auburn #1 in 2004 if we won out too... how'd that Sugar Bowl taste?

We play a patsy this weekend while TCU plays Utah.  If TCU wins, they jump us into the #2 spot and they go undefeated.  What would we have to do to get that #2 spot back??  I am not sure we can!!

It is all dependent on SOS... so since GA sucks, we have to absolutely demolish Georgia, and since just winning on the road in the SEC is apparently not enough, we have to blow the doors off a one loss bammer in Turdville - and if bammer takes a dump to LSU and/or MSU before we get them, we are fucked. 

Look, I want to believe.  OH!!  How I want to believe!!  But I am cynical... and I trust those voting motherfuckers about as far as I can spit.

This is the FACT. An undefeated SEC team IS NOT...NO FUCKING WAY...going to get left out of the national championship over a NON-BCS conference school. IT NOT GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2010, 12:32:13 PM »
Hell, they are saying that 3 teams control their destiny. Auburn, Oregon and Alabama. In other words, a one loss SEC Champ will play for it all, much less an undefeated one...

Anyone want to bet????

Fucking crickets...

I'll pick up any action you can't handle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2010, 12:36:00 PM »
I just wish I could share in your optimism.  My head says "Fuck yeah!!!  There's no way an undefeated SEC team doesn't play for it all"  but my heart just keeps saying "remember 1983...remember 1993...remember 2004"  Toofuckingmanytimes has it happened over the years when it is in the hands of the voters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2010, 12:36:35 PM »
And now Karma is sitting back and laughing her ass off... I have to pull for bammer to beat LSU this weekend...

Or for LSU to hang half a hundred on them and whip them up one end of the field and down the other... and we all know that is NOT gonna happen...

A 3 point last minute Hat Trick for the LSU win will NOT help us.

Route for who you want to route for. I am hoping that LSU beats Alabama. I don't want Alabama to have a hope in playing for an SEC Championship and a National Title when we play them. I want them to have all hope lost.

Look, if you actually think that TCU or Boise St. is going to play in a nation championship over an undefeated Oregon or Auburn, then bet. It's that simple. I will bet you whatever you want that that will NOT happen.

And another thing, for either Boise or TCU to have a shot to play, Oregon has to lose OR Auburn has to lose and Alabama not win out. If Oregon wins out and so does Alabama, they still get left out. It is by far a longer shot for either of those teams than it is for Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2010, 12:36:41 PM »
Do I think it's more likely than not that an undefeated SEC team goes?  Yes.  Hell, I even think if Bama wins out, they go with 1 loss. But all this "No fuckin' way" and these guarantees are head in the sand predictions.  If you take the human factor out of the equation, you're really playing the ostrich.  This year, like no other, there's a huge segment of the people that want to see the underdog get their shot...even if it's just from the standpoint of time to "Put up or shut up".  If TCU or Utah jumps us this week, it's going to be hard to get them out of there.

Again, I think if we go undefeated or Bama wins out, either team should represent. But, you let one of these flies in the ointment get in there this late in the game......
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 12:38:41 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2010, 12:37:06 PM »

This guy predicted it, and also says Auburn winning out virtually guarantees them a BCSCG birth.

Saturday, October 30, 2010
The 'Playoff' Starts Now

Michigan State and Missouri, two teams widely suspected as frauds, went down Saturday, clearing the way for the legitimate contenders for this year's playoff race.

Right ... there is no playoff, but the way the schedule is setting up for the next five weeks, more teams will be eliminated as we approach the final month of the college football season.

Only five unbeaten teams remain, and one will certainly go down next week as TCU visits Utah. The winner stays in the race for at least a BCS bowl berth, not to mention maybe a shot at the BCS title game. Alabama, the one-loss team best positioned to sneak into the title game picture, still has an Iron Bowl date with hated rival Auburn.

Auburn, though for now perhaps still No. 3 in the human polls, is virtually guaranteed to play in the BCS title game should it defeat 'Bama (and Georgia) and go on to win the SEC title. Though currently No. 3 in the human polls, expect the War Eagles to jump Boise State in those polls in the latter part of the season if they stay unbeaten.

Then there is Oregon, which also controls its own destiny after Saturday night's emphatic victory over a game USC team in the L.A. Coliseum. The Ducks will remain No. 1 in the polls and this week should vault past Auburn as the top team in the BCS standings. The scores will be close - mostly depending on how many voters decide to put Auburn ahead of Boise State this week - but those two teams will be well ahead of the Broncos and the rest of the pack.

This week's projected BCS standings:

1. Oregon, 2. Auburn

, 3. Boise State, 4. TCU, 5. Utah, 6. Alabama, 7. Oklahoma, 8. Wisconsin, 9. Nebraska, 10. LSU, 11. Ohio State, 12. Missouri, 13. Stanford, 14. Michigan State, 15. Arizona.

http://bcsguru.blogspot.com/2010/10/playoff-starts-now.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2010, 12:38:46 PM »
I just wish I could share in your optimism.  My head says "Fuck yeah!!!  There's no way an undefeated SEC team doesn't play for it all"  but my heart just keeps saying "remember 1983...remember 1993...remember 2004"  Toofuckingmanytimes has it happened over the years when it is in the hands of the voters.

It's just not going to happen. It will NOT happen this year...e-fucking-specially with a non-BCS conference school...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2010, 12:38:54 PM »
I'll pick up any action you can't handle.

Ditto
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2010, 12:40:15 PM »
He called us the War Eagles.  And he has credibility how....?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2010, 12:42:03 PM »
I want one of you pessimistic motherfucker to draw any parallel between this year, and 2004, and also point me towards any team that has made it up to 1 or 2 in the BCS, not lost after that, and not played for all the marbles. 

I'll be waiting.
He called us the War Eagles.  And he has credibility how....?

Grasping at straws my friend.  Grasping at straws. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2010, 12:45:55 PM »
point me towards any team that has made it up to 1 or 2 in the BCS, not lost after that, and not played for all the marbles. 

Catch me after TCU dismantles Utah this Saturday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2010, 12:48:37 PM »
Hell I need to pay for my trip to Glenndale...

I have $1000 dollars, that if we go 13-0, will play in the MNC....and to make it even more interesting I will double the bet to $2000 that says even if the winner of the Utah vs TCU matchup were able to jump us next week.  That if we go 13-0 we will be the team in Glenndale....any takers?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2010, 12:51:23 PM »
I want one of you pessimistic motherfucker to draw any parallel between this year, and 2004, and also point me towards any team that has made it up to 1 or 2 in the BCS, not lost after that, and not played for all the marbles. 

I'll be waiting.
Grasping at straws my friend.  Grasping at straws.

First off, they tweak this system every year.  There's just no telling about what will or won't or might happen.  Should a 2-loss LSU team have played in it?  Yeah, they won but how fair was it to even put them in it?  Should OU have lost in the conference championship game and played in it?  Should USC and OU have played over us with a lower SOS?  I'm not making analogies to this year, only pointing out that there are no guarantees in this system as long as the human factor has a bearing on the outcome.

In response to the question about making it to #1 or #2 and remaining undefeated, I'd ask what happens if TCU or Utah jumps us this week.  These teams are right behind us and a win for would be over a top 5 team.  Is there any guarantee that we regain that spot. If so, why?  We play Chattanooga and UGA next.  Will that get us back in?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2010, 12:53:57 PM »
Do I think it's more likely than not that an undefeated SEC team goes?  Yes.  Hell, I even think if Bama wins out, they go with 1 loss. But all this "No fuckin' way" and these guarantees are head in the sand predictions.  If you take the human factor out of the equation, you're really playing the ostrich.  This year, like no other, there's a huge segment of the people that want to see the underdog get their shot...even if it's just from the standpoint of time to "Put up or shut up".  If TCU or Utah jumps us this week, it's going to be hard to get them out of there.

Again, I think if we go undefeated or Bama wins out, either team should represent. But, you let one of these flies in the ointment get in there this late in the game......
Fucking THIS.

I have been held up in a meeting, and reading through this thread I have wanted to say the same thing, but you beat me to it.

I'm not going to "put my money where my mouth is" and bet against my Auburn Tigers' success. That's fucking stupid. And like Snaggle said, I would put it at a less than 50% chance that we don't get to stay in the Top 2. Probably about a 25% chance or less. But there's no 110% guarantee as some of you are trying to portray. There just isn't. WE WILL BE THIRD NEXT WEEK WHEN #3 AND #5 PLAY HEAD TO HEAD WHILE WE PLAY UT-CHAT. Playing a UGA team with a LOSING RECORD won't do us any favors either. I too would like to root against bammer from here on out for the same reasons you mentioned, but YOU CAN KISS THAT GOODBYE NOW. If Bama drops one, it's likely to fuck us, and if they drop two, I will certainly take that bet, and we can put the mortgage on it, as much as it pains me. We actually need their SOS now, as pathetic as that is. Despite our body of work thus far eclipsing ANY TEAM IN THE COUNTRY. With th exception of bama, we're on the downward slope of our schedule. We already beat a #5 team. That's how we jumped to #1 in the computers. We never did get there with the humans (aka Herbstreit, Palmer, and all of the other assholes who desperately want the "fly in the ointment" non-AQ teams to play in this game).

It must be nice to be as naive as some of you are. To trust the same exact asshole to do right by us that said these EXACT SAME THINGS about Auburn controlling their destiny at the EXACT SAME POINT IN THE SEASON as 2004. They will put who they want to see in there, and it ain't us, for whatever stupid illogical reason they may have to justify it.

In summation, no, I wouldn't bet on Auburn to fail. But unless you have the 2015 Sports Almanac from Back To The Future Part II, you do not know for 100% certain what these idiots will do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2010, 12:56:02 PM »
Still a month left to go. A lot could happen between now and then.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2010, 01:01:14 PM »
Still a month left to go. A lot could happen between now and then.
No doubt, except for bama, they get automatic wins over their next 3 opponents, they just have to worry about Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum