Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Defense Wins Championships....unless

Yoda

Defense Wins Championships....unless
« on: October 24, 2010, 09:02:59 PM »
Cam Newton is your quarterback. 

It's amazing to listen to the "so called" experts talk about who should be ranked where and about how Auburn is not a great team because our defense is weak.  That's stating the obvious.  But when a team such as 2009 Alabama has a steller defense with a sub par offense they are the best thing since sliced bread.  Yes Auburn has it's weaknesses, we may not be the best team in the nation, but guess what after week 8, our schedule and wins say that we are.  Still a lot to play, but I've noticed that our offense is unstopable and our defense does what it needs to win.  Roles are backwards from the normal SEC championship team but it's working thus far.  Last I checked this was a team game and winners are made on the field, not in a studio with 8 ex players that couldnt make it in the pro's talking a bunch of bull shit.

These same talking heads had pre-season rankings with Alabama, Boise State, Ohio State, Texas, and TCU in the top 5.  After week 8, Alabama and Ohio State have a loss, Texas has flung themselves out of the top 25, and Boise State and TCU well that's another topic that I dont feel like typing 20 pages covering.  Point is nobody knows what is going to happen week to week that's why it's a game and played on the field. 

Auburn  still has a tough road ahead, and can easily lose a game before things are said and done.  After 8 weeks I'm an extremely happy fan looking forward to the rest of the season.  I only hope that we will continue to get better week by week and let it show on the field.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

l AU ra

Re: Defense Wins Championships....unless
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 10:17:43 PM »
Thank you, Yoda!
This is exactly what I've been thinking, especially after yesterday afternoon's thrill at Jordan-Hare. Using a different recipe doesn't change the fact that you're cooking. And right now, our Tigers are hot. Auburn is certainly a major contender and force to be reckoned with. There's no denying that, as hard as many may try.
Recognition by panelists and analysts and experts is nice. But it's not the Auburn way.
With the superior level of chemistry this team has demonstrated so far, it stands a really good chance of overcoming the hype and proving itself in the long-run. Regardless, this season is one for the Auburn history books. It is one that, as a fan, I will always remember fondly. Whatever happens in the end, this season makes it truly great to be an Auburn Tiger!

WDE!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lurking Tiger

• Brother
  • Table Limit
    • Clinton/Obama '08
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 11:22:21 PM »
...But when a team such as 2009 Alabama has a steller defense with a sub par offense they are the best thing since sliced bread.  ...

i hate the turds as much as anyone, but that is ridiculous.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 12:38:51 AM »
Kirk Herbstreit and Lout Holtz are sort of trashing the team by saying that Auburn is an average team without Cam, so they are not sure they are the best team, but we deserve the ranking based upon who we play.

I find the comment dumb and hypocritical because just about every BCS winner had one player that was a star and without that player, that team might not have made it as far. Ingram won quite a few games for UAT last year, so without him, they never get to the BCS CG. Colt McCoy took Texas there also and we saw what Texas is like without him against UAT. Then look at UF and Tebow, Bush and USC as two other examples.

As I told somebody else earlier, great players make others great, which in turn produces a great team.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 12:39:34 AM by Ranger12 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 07:14:36 AM »
We are a pretty average team without Cam.  Defense is even less than average. Now that being said I agree completely.  Almost every successful team has someone that is the catalyst for that success.  Ours happens to be a QB that is built like a DE.
What I find more disturbing about the penith is that on the wrap up show all he can talk about is how poor a defense LSU had.  Well well, that wasn't the story he was singing two days earlier. 
Fuck'em.
Time to drop this attitude that being number one is bad or carries some hoodoo with it.
Time to kick the fucking door in with biker boots, a twelve pound sledge, and see who else wants to swing? We may be the one that carries the ass whooping home but right now, at this moment, we are king of the fucking hill.
Come knock us off.
We are to the point in the season where the goals have changed and every game is for all the marbles.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 09:37:40 AM »
We are a pretty average team without Cam.  Defense is even less than average. Now that being said I agree completely.  Almost every successful team has someone that is the catalyst for that success.  Ours happens to be a QB that is built like a DE.
What I find more disturbing about the penith is that on the wrap up show all he can talk about is how poor a defense LSU had.  Well well, that wasn't the story he was singing two days earlier. 
Fuck'em.
Time to drop this attitude that being number one is bad or carries some hoodoo with it.
Time to kick the fucking door in with biker boots, a twelve pound sledge, and see who else wants to swing? We may be the one that carries the ass whooping home but right now, at this moment, we are king of the fucking hill.
Come knock us off.
We are to the point in the season where the goals have changed and every game is for all the marbles.

Damn Sani, I'm ready to run through a wall on this Monday morning. Shall we call you Dr. Sani? Nice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 09:40:48 AM »
He kicks doors down with biker boots.  He's a son of anarchy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 09:49:16 AM »
Bama's o was not sub par last year.  Just sayin.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 09:55:05 AM »
Fuck'em.
Come knock us off.

Kick the tires and light the fires!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 09:57:53 AM by Jumbo »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010, 10:13:15 AM »
Shall we call you Dr. Sani? Nice.

I wish but I can actually pronounce my words.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 10:35:09 AM »
I wish but I can actually pronounce my words.

I could get much more pumped by your post than listening to Daffy Duck slobber all over himself.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 10:35:55 AM by djsimp41 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions