Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Luther Davis Out At Bama

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
Luther Davis Out At Bama
« on: March 12, 2008, 10:35:55 AM »
Looks Like Luther's Momma may need to pay Saban back for that new kitchen.  According to todays Birmingham News, Luther will not be participating in spring practice due to "personal issues".  Luther's high scool coach says in the article that he does not think Luther will be returning to the team.

Sorry no link, just read it in the college beat section of the paper.  Maybe Luther or his momma will tell it like it is about Bama's recruiting machine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Luther Davis Out At Bama
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 10:44:06 AM »
It's all about Luther's conscience.  He just plain felt dirty after the whole recruiting process and just didn't feel right about playing for pay at the amatuer level.

That kid was brung up right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 10:52:56 AM »
It's all about Luther's conscience.  He just plain felt dirty after the whole recruiting process and just didn't feel right about playing for pay at the amatuer level.

That kid was brung up right.

The REC has Guido the kneecapper on his way to their home right now.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 01:08:21 PM by jumbo »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 11:05:05 AM »
The problem when you cheat is that you have to live up to every promise given a kid.  If you sell them a bill of goods that turns out not to be true, you run the risk of said kid turning their back on you when he leaves.

It's kind of like cheating on your girlfriend, once you do it you are always scared everytime the doorbell or the phone rings unexpectadly. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 11:06:20 AM »
It's kind of like cheating on your girlfriend, once you do it you are always scared everytime the doorbell or the phone rings unexpectadly. 

Sounds like a man who knows from personal experience to me!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 12:36:24 PM »
Sounds like a man who knows from personal experience to me!

Word. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 01:09:07 PM »
The REC has Guido the kneecapper on his way to their home right now.

Luther meet Guido's little frien' :box:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 01:11:07 PM »
So the spin is that he just decided he didn't want to play football any more?
I have heard that from a couple of Bammers so far.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Ogre

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 01:16:45 PM »
So the spin is that he just decided he didn't want to play football any more?
I have heard that from a couple of Bammers so far.

Mark Murphy on ITAT chimed in and said that considering the craziness that surrounded his recruitment that maybe someone up in Indianapolis knows something. 

I thought it was interesting for Mark Murphy to comment on this, since he ususally sticks to answering questions about the stories they report and whatnot. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 01:29:44 PM »
Mark Murphy on ITAT chimed in and said that considering the craziness that surrounded his recruitment that maybe someone up in Indianapolis knows something. 

I thought it was interesting for Mark Murphy to comment on this, since he ususally sticks to answering questions about the stories they report and whatnot. 
That should be fun to watch :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 05:39:52 PM »
Luther got paroled from UAcheaT, got to make room for more....uh............ student athletes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Peace, Love and God Bless Auburn!

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 11:19:34 PM »
It's all part of the process. 

It shows that Saban don't take shit from anybody.  Not Luther Davis, no sir. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 08:42:57 AM »
It's all part of the process. 

It shows that Saban don't take shit from anybody.  Not Luther Davis, no sir. 
Dick Sabban had better hope Luther's momma's kitchen sink doesn't stop up anytime in the next 10 years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

BAMAPERRY

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008, 12:20:43 PM »
Mark Murphy is a douchebag.

Here is Chris Sherman's report after speaking with Alabama defensive end Luther Davis:

Enough is enough! It appears that some media outlets and especially certain Alabama beat reporters have lost all professionalism in reporting the news. A news beat writer “reported” this week that embattled Alabama freshman Luther Davis was married, neither one of his brothers finished their eligibility or graduated college and basically implied that Davis had some character flaws.

There is only one problem with all of that. It is not true! All it took was just a little bit of actual reporting to figure any of this out.

In the business you cannot just go on unsubstantiated rumors. Sometimes the truth is just a phone call away.

In June of 2007, the News-Star in Monroe, La., printed that Luther Davis and Olivia Faith Dotray had gotten married. The following week, the paper offered a correction saying that was not the case. This was verified today by the News-Star.

“Last summer my girlfriend and I got engaged and it was in the local newspaper as married and like a week later it came back out in the news paper as a misprint that I am engaged,” Luther Davis said.

"I don’t plan on getting married until after the summer I graduate college. The whole reason we even got engaged is because she, my fiancée was leaving for Iraq."

"She's in the army. I have it on my facebook that I am married to keep other girls from coming on to me because when I had engaged on facebook that didn't seem to help much,” Davis said.

First I have to ask what does it matter if Davis is married or not? Does that somehow flaw his character? No. But Davis wanted to make sure people knew the truth about him. As for as his brothers, Ian Rapoport of the Birmingham News printed this in his article earlier this week.

“From what I can gather from various conversations with people who know him, Davis is an extremely complicated person with a complicated upbringing. (Did you know he's married, for instance?) In fact, his two brothers also received college scholarships to play football, yet neither finished his eligibility, nor graduated. Will Luther follow suit? That's not clear.”

Once again, that is full of inaccuracies. Yes, one of his brothers has not graduated, but he will graduate this August. The other has finished school and earned his degree.

“As for my two brothers, they both did finish their eligibility, and one has his degree while the other is graduating in August. Like I said, Shows hates Alabama, and the fact that I came here and he'll take every chance he gets to say something negative."

It has been a bumpy ride for the 6-4, 275 pound defensive lineman from West Monroe (La.) High School. He was ridiculed in high school for changing his commitment from LSU to Alabama and unfortunately he continues to be misunderstood.

“I am not and did not quit this football team. I'll be back for summer workouts. This is just something I’m dealing with that's temporary and I hope it doesn't turn into something long term. But as for now, I’ll be back for summer workouts,” Davis said.

“I just want my name cleared of all these allegations. I just want to deal with my problems so that I can get back to what I do best and that’s play ball. I’m not going anywhere,” he added.

We all need to take a step back and give this young man time to fix whatever it is that is going on in his life. And yes folks, even though he is an Alabama football player, it is his life.

As for the reporter and the high school coach-shame on you!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2008, 01:04:52 PM »
Yeah, but what does any of that have to do with his mom's new kitchen?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 01:13:42 PM »
Mark Murphy is a douchebag.

Here is Chris Sherman's report after speaking with Alabama defensive end Luther Davis:

Enough is enough! It appears that some media outlets and especially certain Alabama beat reporters have lost all professionalism in reporting the news. A news beat writer “reported” this week that embattled Alabama freshman Luther Davis was married, neither one of his brothers finished their eligibility or graduated college and basically implied that Davis had some character flaws.

There is only one problem with all of that. It is not true! All it took was just a little bit of actual reporting to figure any of this out.

In the business you cannot just go on unsubstantiated rumors. Sometimes the truth is just a phone call away.

In June of 2007, the News-Star in Monroe, La., printed that Luther Davis and Olivia Faith Dotray had gotten married. The following week, the paper offered a correction saying that was not the case. This was verified today by the News-Star.

“Last summer my girlfriend and I got engaged and it was in the local newspaper as married and like a week later it came back out in the news paper as a misprint that I am engaged,” Luther Davis said.

"I don’t plan on getting married until after the summer I graduate college. The whole reason we even got engaged is because she, my fiancée was leaving for Iraq."

"She's in the army. I have it on my facebook that I am married to keep other girls from coming on to me because when I had engaged on facebook that didn't seem to help much,” Davis said.

First I have to ask what does it matter if Davis is married or not? Does that somehow flaw his character? No. But Davis wanted to make sure people knew the truth about him. As for as his brothers, Ian Rapoport of the Birmingham News printed this in his article earlier this week.

“From what I can gather from various conversations with people who know him, Davis is an extremely complicated person with a complicated upbringing. (Did you know he's married, for instance?) In fact, his two brothers also received college scholarships to play football, yet neither finished his eligibility, nor graduated. Will Luther follow suit? That's not clear.”

Once again, that is full of inaccuracies. Yes, one of his brothers has not graduated, but he will graduate this August. The other has finished school and earned his degree.

“As for my two brothers, they both did finish their eligibility, and one has his degree while the other is graduating in August. Like I said, Shows hates Alabama, and the fact that I came here and he'll take every chance he gets to say something negative."

It has been a bumpy ride for the 6-4, 275 pound defensive lineman from West Monroe (La.) High School. He was ridiculed in high school for changing his commitment from LSU to Alabama and unfortunately he continues to be misunderstood.

“I am not and did not quit this football team. I'll be back for summer workouts. This is just something I’m dealing with that's temporary and I hope it doesn't turn into something long term. But as for now, I’ll be back for summer workouts,” Davis said.

“I just want my name cleared of all these allegations. I just want to deal with my problems so that I can get back to what I do best and that’s play ball. I’m not going anywhere,” he added.

We all need to take a step back and give this young man time to fix whatever it is that is going on in his life. And yes folks, even though he is an Alabama football player, it is his life.

As for the reporter and the high school coach-shame on you!

shut up perry, no one cares what you think, I'll / we'll give him just a big of a break as you would an AU player.  NONE
why'd yall let this POS on the board?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Peace, Love and God Bless Auburn!

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 01:23:12 PM »

shut up perry, no one cares what you think, I'll / we'll give him just a big of a break as you would an AU player.  NONE
why'd yall let this POS on the board?

Hey dip shit... He didn't write that, there for, it wasn't what HE thought. Goddamn Stewie, from all the times I see you on TV, I would have thought you'd be smarter than that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

Ogre

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2008, 01:28:39 PM »

Hey dip shit... He didn't write that, there for, it wasn't what HE thought. Goddamn Stewie, from all the times I see you on TV, I would have thought you'd be smarter than that.

Seriously, I can't believe anyone would think that BP has the ability to write something like that.  Anything more than a couple of sentences and you can bet he's cut-and-pasted it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2008, 01:40:32 PM »
Yeah, but what does any of that have to do with his mom's new kitchen?
If she wasn't away in the Army, she would be in there fixing Ms. Davis' boy a sammich.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2008, 01:57:36 PM »

Okay, you just stood up for BP.  There's something wrong with that....something very WROOOOONG with that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions