Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

bammers are getting scared....

Re: bammers are getting scared....
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2010, 12:28:27 PM »
I think his passing and decision making is improving.  He really didn't need to throw all that much.

Agreed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2010, 12:30:58 PM »
AND if Alabama keeps playing like we are LSU will beat the CRAP out of us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

JR4AU

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2010, 12:32:44 PM »

Maybe, maybe not, but on paper, and by the way each is playing it could be a raucous 9-6 type affair.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2010, 12:33:53 PM »
I can't handle another Miss St/Allbarn game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

Token

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2010, 12:34:46 PM »
He can score a last second (or no seconds...) fourth quarter off the back foot prayer of a TD like usual if he wants, but I don't think it will help him if Cam puts AU ahead by four TD's before it happens....

So far, I've picked an LSU game on parlay 4 times this season.  Lester's burnt my ass all four times.  I'm taking Auburn and the points (however many).  Something has to break the Mad Hatter's voodoo.  And it needs to be broken before Bama plays, because I'm not sure we can get the required 30 points ahead of LSU that it takes to beat Les.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2010, 12:41:09 PM »

So far, I've picked an LSU game on parlay 4 times this season.  Lester's burnt my ass all four times.  I'm taking Auburn and the points (however many).  Something has to break the Mad Hatter's voodoo.  And it needs to be broken before Bama plays, because I'm not sure we can get the required 30 points ahead of LSU that it takes to beat Les.

It's funny cause we both need the other to actually finish the season undefeated. If we take care of LSU and LSU beat bama we would pretty much have the west won.  However, if we were to go undefeated we might get held out of the MNC.  bama in turn needs to beat an undefeated Auburn to have a shot to make the MNC.  Can I hope that another Katrina unexpectedly hits LSU the weekend bammer plays them?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2010, 12:43:34 PM »
Maybe, maybe not, but on paper, and by the way each is playing it could be a raucous 9-6 type affair.
I could see this happening. I don't like that we have to go to their house for this game. Hopefully it will be a 2:30 game.

Our offense is playing like shit, and well, theirs just is shit. I think our playcalling is becoming a little too predictable, and that's fine if you're still getting it done. It worked last season. You knew what we were going to do, but we did it anyway, and made you like it. Not so much this season, though. Need more play action, and definitely need to stretch the field more. I can't remember the last time I saw us throw the ball beyond 20 yards. Even if you're not connecting, it puts it in the defense's head that they still have to defend it. 

I think our defense responded well after the loss. Not that Ole Miss is super scary or a huge threat in the air or anything, but I think our secondary will be OK the rest of the season. We're 25th in the country in pass defense, and that's not horrible when you replaced your entire secondary with some sophomores and true freshmen, minus one guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2010, 12:45:26 PM »

I cannot believe I am saying this, for many reasons...

But I have these visions of an undefeated Gus Bus, with The Chin standing on top behind a Cam Newton 50 caliber machine gun, bands of ammo looped over his arm, rolling into Turd Stadium to face a one loss bammer team for all the marbles...

Mmmmmm... tingles in all the good spots...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2010, 12:49:42 PM »
Somebody pass here a cigarette...what the hell, pass me one too. That would make for one helluva IB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2010, 01:00:19 PM »
Plain and simple LSU can match up with allbarn better than anyone else so far. Like I said I will not pick against allbarn but I think LSU matches up better. They are big, fast and strong.

I will go ahead and say it...fuck it....

I don't think anyone matches up against Cam. Not a single person on any team. If he is running that lead option, and you have it defended perfectly with one guy responsible for Cam, you can forget it. I will take Cam Newton against anyone in the country one on one. Anyone. To run past. or run through.

Add to that, we don't have chopped liver with the guys playing around him. We got some damn good play makers that are the zing to cam's zang. Offensively, we are better than anything I have ever seen at Auburn. By a LONG shot. That includes 2004.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2010, 01:07:17 PM »

I don't think anyone matches up against Cam. Not a single person on any team. If he is running that lead option, and you have it defended perfectly with one guy responsible for Cam, you can forget it. I will take Cam Newton against anyone in the country one on one. Anyone. To run past. or run through.

Add to that, we don't have chopped liver with the guys playing around him. We got some damn good play makers that are the zing to cam's zang. Offensively, we are better than anything I have ever seen at Auburn. By a LONG shot. That includes 2004.
Thats what I'm saying...only you did it more better. ;)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2010, 01:19:30 PM »

^^^THIS times infinity!

The slight tweeks that Malzahn has made in the run game with the option, is going to put every defense we play in a severe bind, because merely spying Cam with one LB is almost useless...and IF you got a man LB that can take Cam on...we got speed in in McCaleb and Fannin.   Funny thing is, you don't hear folks saying it because we don't bring in special wildcat personnel...but we're running variations of the plays we ran out of the wildcat about half the plays we run, Malzahn just added a read to it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2010, 01:29:33 PM »
^^^THIS times infinity!

The slight tweeks that Malzahn has made in the run game with the option, is going to put every defense we play in a severe bind, because merely spying Cam with one LB is almost useless...and IF you got a man LB that can take Cam on...we got speed in in McCaleb and Fannin.   Funny thing is, you don't hear folks saying it because we don't bring in special wildcat personnel...but we're running variations of the plays we ran out of the wildcat about half the plays we run, Malzahn just added a read to it.

Hence the reason, I don't understand Kodi running the wildcat, or even taking a snap.  He has got to have pictures of Gus getting screwed in an extremely uncomfortable place.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 01:30:21 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2010, 01:35:51 PM »
Hence the reason, I don't understand Kodi running the wildcat, or even taking a snap.  He has got to have pictures of Gus getting screwed in an extremely uncomfortable place.
Like in the back of a Volkswagen?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2010, 01:36:08 PM »

This This This This This
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2010, 01:38:03 PM »
Like in the back of a Volkswagen?

+7 cause that one wasn't easy!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2010, 01:38:39 PM »

He hasn't done it since game 1 right? Or did I miss something?

But I said the same thing when Kodi did take a snap...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2010, 01:39:25 PM »
He hasn't done it since game 1 right? Or did I miss something?

But I said the same thing when Kodi did take a snap...
Nope..he did it against Arky
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2010, 01:41:01 PM »

Damn...where was I?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2010, 01:42:57 PM »

I think my reaction was like, "Who the hell is tha.....wait, what the fu...well son of a bitch."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions