Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Week 6

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Thoughts - Week 6
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2010, 07:05:20 PM »
I'm recently feeling like the board is being haunted by a ghost of a poster I thought we'd gotten rid of. A GalensGhost, if you will.

The infamous Galen Ghost, spooking a forum near you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2010, 07:07:48 PM »
I thought Galen left on his own accord. Was he banished?
He left on his own accord.  We don't ban.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2010, 07:15:52 PM »
The infamous Galen Ghost, spooking a forum near you.
We are getting close to Halloween. If you listen closely, you can hear a faint whisper of "aaaaallllll haaaaaaat nooooooooo cattle."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2010, 07:28:06 PM »
We are getting close to Halloween. If you listen closely, you can hear a faint whisper of "aaaaallllll haaaaaaat nooooooooo cattle."

I thought it was the faint smell of a litter box finding it's way back into a corner room here somewhere...hmm...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2010, 07:35:46 PM »
I thought it was the faint smell of a litter box finding it's way back into a corner room here somewhere...hmm...
Can we look forward to the appearance of Birmingham and Kaos or will that have to wait until the ghost of Christmas past thread?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2010, 08:42:44 PM »

ppppfffftt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2010, 10:08:06 PM »
Seeing someone call another poster out with a " :wartim:" emoticon for saying one thing, saying why he's worth the " :wartim:", and then doing a total flip flop and justifying what the " :wartim:" poster was saying, is something I've seen before...

Can't seem to put my finger on who was infamous for that kind of flim flam opinionating...hmmm....

Please to be pointing out the flip flop. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2010, 10:22:14 PM »
Please to be pointing out the flip flop. 
It can't be justified, which was the whole point in my  :wartim: response.  It's bammer and the polsters...they ain't dropping bammer as far as you're claiming they should.
Splain this. That was your whole point? The  :wartim: smiley indicates I was being a homer by saying Auburn should be ranked ahead of SC, who should be ahead of bammer. It implies that you disagree with me. Then you proceed to say that anything to the contrary "can't be justified". It would appear that this means you agree with me, yet you continue to argue some vague point just to be edgy and contentious.

We've had to deal with this exact shit before, and I for one don't miss it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2010, 10:29:15 PM »
Splain this. That was your whole point? The  :wartim: smiley indicates I was being a homer by saying Auburn should be ranked ahead of SC, who should be ahead of bammer. It implies that you disagree with me. Then you proceed to say that anything to the contrary "can't be justified". It would appear that this means you agree with me, yet you continue to argue some vague point just to be edgy and contentious.

We've had to deal with this exact shit before, and I for one don't miss it.

You apparently lost track.  The  :wartim: was for your thinking that our defense isn't a problem.  You are a homer on that, and all your post excusing their play is ludicrous.

What I was referring to that can't be justified (IF I'm recalling correctly the post in question) is your saying something about if the pollsters put bammer somewhere you disagreed with. 

2 completely different subjects....but if you need clarification, your take on the defense is homerish, was, and still is...

Your take on the polls is, well, different, as evidenced by your stupid Chiz polls.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2010, 10:34:38 PM »
You apparently lost track.  The  :wartim: was for your thinking that our defense isn't a problem.  You are a homer on that, and all your post excusing their play is ludicrous.

What I was referring to that can't be justified (IF I'm recalling correctly the post in question) is your saying something about if the pollsters put bammer somewhere you disagreed with. 

2 completely different subjects....but if you need clarification, your take on the defense is homerish, was, and still is...

Your take on the polls is, well, different, as evidenced by your stupid Chiz polls.
Please show me exactly where the fuck I made this argument defending the defense. I simply never said anything of the sort. Read the thread again. What the hell are you talking about?

The only time I said anything whatsoever about our defense, is when you basically forced me to because you were crusading against this position I never held, nor even implied that I held. And even then I didn't say anything like what you're saying I did. Only pointing out that obviously our offense scores at least a little bit more than our defense allows, or else we wouldn't have outscored opponents by 100 fucking points so far this year. But if you're going to tirade against that fact (or ignorant homeristic opinion, as you prefer to call it), then at least keep it in that thread.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2010, 10:35:19 PM »
You see WarEagle!!?  You see what happens when we don't fuck a thread up? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2010, 10:35:56 PM »

Chad's polls are only right 8/12 of the time. Thats 3/4 for you idiots on the board... :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2010, 10:38:18 PM »
Please show me exactly where the fuck I made this argument defending the defense. I simply never said anything of the sort. Read the thread again. What the hell are you talking about?

The only time I said anything whatsoever about our defense, is when you basically forced me to because you were crusading against this position I never held, nor even implied that I held. And even then I didn't say anything like what you're saying I did. Only pointing out that obviously our offense scores at least a little bit more than our defense allows, or else we wouldn't have outscored opponents by 100 fucking points so far this year. But if you're going to tirade against that fact (or ignorant homeristic opinion, as you prefer to call it), then at least keep it in that thread.

I took his  :wartim:  as meaning that you assuming that Au>SCe>Bama in any poll today would be naive on your part. Although logical, very naive. As it stands now, the polls have Au>Bama>SCe....just saying, it was naive to think they would do something logical.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2010, 10:38:34 PM »
You see WarEagle!!?  You see what happens when we don't phuk a thread up?
That isn't a unicorn on a rainbow emoticon is it? SWEET!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2010, 10:40:11 PM »

Nope, I clarified what I said, because it's completely possible that posts and thread have run together since earlier today. 

Chiz's orange and blue world is what it is...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2010, 10:43:48 PM »
Nope, I clarified what I said, because it's completely possible that posts and thread have run together since earlier today. 

Chiz's orange and blue world is what it is...
Posts and threads are running together on a collision couse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2010, 10:46:47 PM »
Chad's polls are only right 8/12 of the time. Thats 3/4 for you idiots on the board... :thumsup:
The gift that keeps on giving!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2010, 10:50:32 PM »
JR...  This is real simple...

1.  You threw the  :wartim: out at Chizad because you felt like his statement was entirely a "hope" rather than anything based on what you see as reality.  However, it's only because you immediately assumed he was just being a homer that you didn't just read what he said, which was perfectly justifiable, and simply an opinion.

Then you flip flop on how it's "bammers and their polsters" position that made you point and call Chizad AFTER the poll comes out dropping bammer as Chizad had hoped, and call it a common thing.  In fact, here's your quote:

6 to 8 spots is normal if you get beat, not lose on a fluke or whatver.  Sometime a couple more if it's a home loss, a couple less if it's a close road loss.  This was a sure nuff loss for bammer, and not a close one.  Pollsters got it about as right as they could.

So, in conclusion, you went from calling Chizad a sunshine pumper basically to agreeing with his position.  Now you're dancing around it like a jackass and acting like it's everyone else confusing the situation.

Get over yourself.  You just got it wrong.  They dropped more than you thought.  What's the big fucking deal?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2010, 10:54:27 PM »
JR...  This is real simple...

1.  You threw the  :wartim: out at Chizad because you felt like his statement was entirely a "hope" rather than anything based on what you see as reality.  However, it's only because you immediately assumed he was just being a homer that you didn't just read what he said, which was perfectly justifiable, and simply an opinion.

Then you flip flop on how it's "bammers and their polsters" position that made you point and call Chizad AFTER the poll comes out dropping bammer as Chizad had hoped, and call it a common thing.  In fact, here's your quote:

So, in conclusion, you went from calling Chizad a sunshine pumper basically to agreeing with his position.  Now you're dancing around it like a jackass and acting like it's everyone else confusing the situation.

Get over yourself.  You just got it wrong.  They dropped more than you thought.  What's the big fucking deal?

What Chad said WAS entirely a 'hope', which is poll logic. By logic he said the poll should read Auburn, SCe, then Bama. Yes, I agree with Chad that the order he said was the logical one, but totally a pipe dream thinking it would actually happen. And it didn't happen. These pollsters make no fucking sense. Thinking they will at this point is very naive. 2004 taught us that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2010, 11:03:21 PM »
What Chad said WAS entirely a 'hope', which is poll logic. By logic he said the poll should read Auburn, SCe, then Bama. Yes, I agree with Chad that the order he said was the logical one, but totally a pipe dream thinking it would actually happen. And it didn't happen. These pollsters make no fucking sense. Thinking they will at this point is very naive. 2004 taught us that.

Fair enough.  Call it what you want, but the assumption that Chizad is wrong simply because it's big bad Alabama and because of all that conspiracy shit with the media, that it absolutly won't, is equally as stupid.

It's just the opposite, and stupid stance.   

So, I guess the proper way to debate this would be to just find a pile of shit emoticon and post it right after someone throws the rainbow emoticon with no explanaition.

The only thing correct in the whole debacle, that is this thread, is that the pollsters don't make sense from week to week.   It is a total crapshoot at times.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions