Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I want to bitch about the Auburn Review

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
I want to bitch about the Auburn Review
« on: September 21, 2010, 04:03:02 PM »
Our post-game review show leaves lots to be desired.  There are long stretches lacking any commentary at all.  Just a string of highlights.

Contrast this with Arkansas' post-game review show.  Petrino banters a bit with the host, then turns around to a monitor and starts diagramming plays over the highlight film.  He tells you what the call is, what Mallet's audible options are, and explains who will be doing what.  Then the play runs and he breaks down the good and bad.

It's everything you could want in a review show. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: I want to bitch about the Auburn Review
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 04:05:28 PM »
Our post-game review show leaves lots to be desired.  There are long stretches lacking any commentary at all.  Just a string of highlights.

Contrast this with Arkansas' post-game review show.  Petrino banters a bit with the host, then turns around to a monitor and starts diagramming plays over the highlight film.  He tells you what the call is, what Mallet's audible options are, and explains who will be doing what.  Then the play runs and he breaks down the good and bad.

Haven't seen it this year. Who is hosting?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 04:11:25 PM »
Haven't seen it this year. Who is hosting?

Ours?  Rod Bramblett.

Theirs?  Nofuking Clue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 04:15:22 PM »
Leave Rob along, don't you know he is tired from doing the radio broadcast. Maybe we should draft the Rick & Bubba show into doing the post game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 04:16:22 PM »
Leave Rob along, don't you know he is tired from doing the radio broadcast. Maybe we should draft the Rick & Bubba show into doing the post game.

Uh...what?

Who woke the gimp?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 04:22:01 PM »
Uh...what?

Who woke the gimp?

Whats wrong, you no likey? Lou Holtz could drop by each and every week...wait...ugh...nevermind, that idea sux.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lurking Tiger

• Brother
  • Table Limit
    • Clinton/Obama '08
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 09:09:03 PM »

Bitch.

I have neva actaully seen this show. I usually watch the game and then then watch it again on the full replay. By then I have had enough. Is it worth setting aside a half hour of my life ?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 09:28:49 PM »
Bitch.

I have neva actaully seen this show. I usually watch the game and then then watch it again on the full replay. By then I have had enough. Is it worth setting aside a half hour of my life ?

Not really.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 10:53:09 PM »
I am going to try play devil's advocate here, though it might be a weak attempt:

Is it really wise for a coach to get on the TV and start breaking down all of their plays they do during a game for all to see? If an opponent gets a copy of the broadcast, aren't you then just doing the job for them by telling them exactly what you were doing or were supposed to be doing instead of them having to try to break it down themselves? Just sayin'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 11:56:37 PM »
I am going to try play devil's advocate here, though it might be a weak attempt:

Is it really wise for a coach to get on the TV and start breaking down all of their plays they do during a game for all to see? If an opponent gets a copy of the broadcast, aren't you then just doing the job for them by telling them exactly what you were doing or were supposed to be doing instead of them having to try to break it down themselves? Just sayin'.

Psychology 101
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 01:27:18 AM »

A: it's not like they don't have plenty of film to look at on you anyway.

B: Each coach has a handful of plays he's going to run several times in every game, and every team they play knows they're going to run these certain plays, and how they break down. 

I seriously doubt Petrino is revealing anything secret. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2010, 09:06:20 AM »

B: Each coach has a handful of plays he's going to run several times in every game, and every team they play knows they're going to run these certain plays, and how they break down. 

This.

And Petrino, probably, is far and away a better x's and o's guy than Chizik is on offense. You aren't really going to get a lot of breaking down things from Chizik. I am not sure if it's because he doesn't know how or what. I agree with Kaos on this one. Chizik is a coach that does just about nothing but cliche's and coach speak. He is not going to walk in a room and wow you with his football philosophy. I think he let's the coordinators try to do that. He just fires up the players and gets them ready to go for the game I think...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2010, 10:39:21 AM »
This.

And Petrino, probably, is far and away a better x's and o's guy than Chizik is on offense. You aren't really going to get a lot of breaking down things from Chizik. I am not sure if it's because he doesn't know how or what. I agree with Kaos on this one. Chizik is a coach that does just about nothing but cliche's and coach speak. He is not going to walk in a room and wow you with his football philosophy. I think he let's the coordinators try to do that. He just fires up the players and gets them ready to go for the game I think...

Kaos is up to his old ways...on another site moaning and pissing about our "gimmicky offense".  How we are unlike any other offense, "this won't work in the SEC", we need to go back to "Auburn Football" ie line up in the I and mash people, because Bammer does that and it's manly.  And even if you lose, you still look manly and tough.  Forget the fact that Auburn is currently 3-1 run to pass, we run the ball with gimmick plays, and we don't "power run". 

As for Chiz...I have to admit, I like a coach that says coach speak.  You can't get in trouble that way.  I honestly don't know his "football IQ", but must assume that since he's been hired by Tubs, and Brown to run defenses, and has run defenses at a championship level, he must not be a football moron.   That said, it was clear that Tubs understood little about offense, and was also clear he didn't understand that he didn't know anything about offense.  I like that Chiz seems to recognize that he's not an offensive guy, and is allowing his offensive guy to do what his offensive guy does.   However, I'm concerned that our defense seems to lack good fundamentals in many areas.   As for the soundness of the scheme...I don't know...I know functionally, it's not been sound lately. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 08:46:01 AM »
As for Chiz...I have to admit, I like a coach that says coach speak.  You can't get in trouble that way.  I honestly don't know his "football IQ", but must assume that since he's been hired by Tubs, and Brown to run defenses, and has run defenses at a championship level, he must not be a football moron. 
This.
And since just about everyone at Auburn was touting Chiz as a defensive genius in 2004.....please be to telling me how you get to be a defensive badass without some fucking understanding of offensive plays?

I like that he keeps things close to the vest....but, that having been said... The Auburn Football Review does suck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 08:56:16 AM »
The only thing I want to know is if Chizik makes those God-awful commercials that Bowden and Tuberville did.

You're right about that, coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 03:40:34 PM »

I think you missed the point. I know they have game film, but the coach of the opposing team is supposed to try to figure out what you were trying to do breaking it down themselves. If you do that for them, especially if that film contained a trick play or any other play you do not use except for a special circumstance, isn't that like giving them the answers to the test. They don't need to study nearly as hard then.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2010, 05:29:24 PM »
I think you missed the point. I know they have game film, but the coach of the opposing team is supposed to try to figure out what you were trying to do breaking it down themselves. If you do that for them, especially if that film contained a trick play or any other play you do not use except for a special circumstance, isn't that like giving them the answers to the test. They don't need to study nearly as hard then.

I though WE and I were clear.  I doubt seriously he's "breaking down" anything that's not on film for everyone else to see, AND something they do all the time.  IE, something everybody knows they run, has seen a hundred times before, and doesn't need any help "breaking down".   Not all football plays have "magic" in them.  Not all plays take a defensive genius to "break down".  And not every game plan is chock full o' brand new plays fresh out of the playbook.    Again, he's not sharing any secrets, you can bank on that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions