3.  Ohio State
4.  Stanford
5.  Oklahoma
6.  Boise State
7.  TCU
8.  Nebraska
9.  Florida (thanks Trey Burton)
10.  Auburn

Agree with this, you could flip flop TCU and Boise and it would still be correct.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: What's your top ten?
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 04:44:44 PM »
Alabama
OSU
Stanford
Oregon
Nebraska
Oklahoma
Auburn
Florida
TCU
Boyzee

Ppppppphhhhhuk Boise and TCU and their high school schedules.  Also, I don't care where they started or what the current polls say.  Auburn has played a far tougher schedule than Florida and looked better doing it.  Save one game, Nebraska has looked far stronger than OU. Stanford and Oregon will decide that issue this weekend.  BTW, the PAC-10 is a lot better 1-5 this year than people give them credit for.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 04:48:08 PM »
Oh, and great topic THS.  I know it would never happen but ideally, this doesn't need to be addressed until 3-4 games in.  Preseason polls are part of the tradition of college football but IMO have way to much influence on where teams are placed throughout the season.  If anyone watched OU struggle with Utah State, Air Force and Cincy, would they be top 5?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 04:56:39 PM »
If anyone watched OU struggle with Utah State, Air Force and Cincy, would they be top 5?

Could apply that to UF as well.  One game does not a world beater make.

I'm not sold on Ohio State either.  Yes, they beat Miami, who laid the wood to Pitt.  I'll reserve judgment on them until after Miami/Clemson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 05:05:14 PM »

I'm not sold on Ohio State either.  Yes, they beat Miami, who laid the wood to Pitt.  I'll reserve judgment on them until after Miami/Clemson.

I watched most of that game and I was actually impressed in a way with both teams.  Miami had a bunch of chances to stay in that game but kept dropping TD and other big play passes.  OSU, on the other hand, looked much faster on defense than I've seen them in a long time.  Pryor is a freakin' beast.  At this point in his career, the difference between him and Cam is his decisiveness.  He may not be any better passer than Cam or even a better runner, but he makes his decisions quickly and when he decides to run, you aren't bringing him down with one guy. 

On that note, I heard Archie Griffin rating college QB's yesterday and he categorized them as to NFL potential and great college QB's.  His analysis of Cam was just that, he hasn't played long enough to be decisive with his throws or runs.  There's still a little hesitancy about his decision making, which will come with time and eventually make him a great QB.  Couldn't agree more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 05:26:15 PM »
We could potentially be int he top 6 after this weekend without a lot of work.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 06:05:31 PM »

Also doesn't kill them. 

I agree that Oklahoma is probably not as good as I ranked them.  However, they have a tremendous amount of talent on offense and defense.  Their achilles heel?  Landry Jones.  When he's on, they look unstoppable.  When he's struggling, well, Utah State hangs around. 

As for Ohio State, again, they might not be world beaters, but I have a tough time picking teams to beat them.  I'm highly critical of their schedule because if schedules matter, then Ohio State is not much different than Boise State.

Where Ohio State gets its respect is through Cam Newton's reject brother Terrell Pryor.  Pryor gives them a chance to win every game they play no matter who they're playing.  Combine Pryor with a good defense and a sound running game, and you have a team that may go undefeated including the BCS championship game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Aubie16

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 06:31:26 PM »
Combine Pryor with a good defense and a sound running game, and you have a team that may go undefeated including until they play an sec team in the BCS championship game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010