Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I submit to you....

JR4AU

Re: I submit to you....
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2010, 06:41:17 PM »
Replay is on now if interested.

Watching....growing more disgusted with our LB play.  DEs not so hot at times either. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2010, 06:43:01 PM »
Geez, you'd think Cam was only playing in his third full speed college football ga....oh wait...nevermind.

Give him a little time on the learning curve.  In fact, enjoy the winning stat line as he continues to improve, or learn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2010, 07:01:31 PM »
Geez, you'd think Cam was only playing in his third full speed college football ga....oh wait...nevermind.

Give him a little time on the learning curve.  In fact, enjoy the winning stat line as he continues to improve, or learn.
I thought one of the great things about him was going to be that he was Tebow's backup at one time, so he had to be uber elite? And since he took his JUCO team to their NC, he kept that eliteness? Bottom line, there were very lofty expectations put on him by some AU fans before he ever took his first snap for AU. I think the jury is still out. Some people told some of you there would be a learning curve, and that the majority of the time a new starting QB won't take a team to the promised land, because of that curve. Especially in the SEC. I know Chizad decided to mock one of those people (Kaos), and he is showing that in his signature. I'm not going to hold you to what Chizad or others might have said, but I'm pretty sure you were all in the Cam-wagon this summer. Seems some folks are backing up a little now and realizing the curve.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

jmar

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2010, 07:02:55 PM »

And he got after some folks on the sideline which I note because we haven't had a guy this firey  actually displaying  his frustrations so openly. I think it's a good sign as long as he doesn't have to do it each Saturday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2010, 07:09:37 PM »
I thought one of the great things about him was going to be that he was Tebow's backup at one time, so he had to be uber elite? And since he took his JUCO team to their NC, he kept that eliteness? Bottom line, there were very lofty expectations put on him by some AU fans before he ever took his first snap for AU. I think the jury is still out. Some people told some of you there would be a learning curve, and that the majority of the time a new starting QB won't take a team to the promised land, because of that curve. Especially in the SEC. I know Chizad decided to mock one of those people (Kaos), and he is showing that in his signature. I'm not going to hold you to what Chizad or others might have said, but I'm pretty sure you were all in the Cam-wagon this summer. Seems some folks are backing up a little now and realizing the curve.

If one were reading your post, having not seen any games, they'd think he's been a complete and total flop.  Neither extreme is the case, and he shows signs of the greatness more than he shows signs of being a complete flop.  In fact, Id say if he never improved, he'd be a better than avg QB.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2010, 07:10:02 PM »
keep talking shit SPuat fans, just remember what you've said, then after the Iron Bowl, we'll rehash it all out.  Y'all just need to worry about Arkansas' RBs, remember they roll 17 Deep at that position.
If you haven't noticed, Alabama hasn't had any problem kicking the piss out of Arkansas the past few years.

Hey, I hear Arkansas is going to be wearing some alternate uniforms on Saturday. What do your inside sources say?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

jmar

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2010, 07:17:08 PM »
There's a curve but I doubt many OC's would turn this guy away  based on his entire body of work thus far.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2010, 07:20:20 PM »
If you haven't noticed, Alabama hasn't had any problem kicking the piss out of Arkansas the past few years.

Hey, I hear Arkansas is going to be wearing some alternate uniforms on Saturday. What do your inside sources say?

Let me say that I believe Alabama will win the game. 

Now... With that said, it's a better and more confident Arkansas team this year.  What you did versus teams in the last few years doesn't mean SHIT.  Nothing.  Nada. 

Secondly, I think Prowler's RB statement was said tongue in cheek in reference to some of our hog friend's recruiting assertions when it comes to their depth at QB and RB's.

You're (Alabama that is, shit knows you won't be anywhere to be found at the game) not sneaking up on anyone, and will get their best effort.  I think it'll be a good ball game and you'll have to score plenty to secure it.  Petrino and Mallet are competent enough (in my opinion) to move the ball to some degree.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2010, 07:35:58 PM »
Let me say that I believe Alabama will win the game. 

Now... With that said, it's a better and more confident Arkansas team this year.  What you did versus teams in the last few years doesn't mean SHIT.  Nothing.  Nada. 

Secondly, I think Prowler's RB statement was said tongue in cheek in reference to some of our hog friend's recruiting assertions when it comes to their depth at QB and RB's.

You're (Alabama that is, shit knows you won't be anywhere to be found at the game) not sneaking up on anyone, and will get their best effort.  I think it'll be a good ball game and you'll have to score plenty to secure it.  Petrino and Mallet are competent enough (in my opinion) to move the ball to some degree.
I think the matchup goes beyond a "competent Mallett/Petrino" sort of thing. I don't know if you have watched the two previous meetings, but it has been utter annihilation. I think scheme-wise, we have their number. We simply do the right things at the right times, and we seem to score plenty on them anyway. You just poo-pooing away what we have done to Arky the past two years makes total sense when talking about this year in this case.

And no, I won't be driving to Arkansas for the game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2010, 07:45:28 PM »
There was an effort last week to try and compare Lattimore to Dyer by our Arky friend. This week is devoted to Newton There must be a pattern here but I don't share their superior powers of observation. I'm working with a curve, give me a break.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2010, 08:55:33 PM »
7/14 203 yards, 2 TD 2 INT, including OT. Great stat line. Cam for Heisman!

Just saying, the guy isn't that great of a passer. Saw quite a few throws last night where it was simply lofted up in the air downfield with the hopes that Adams would come down with it. Are you trying to tell me you are 200% confident that if AU finds a team that contains Newton in the pocket, that he can win it with his arm? I just don't think it will happen. Throw out all the stats you want. He looked human against MSU, and for the most part bad last night. I mean, the way alot of folks here talked (I know not you), this kid was the next coming of Tebow.

Man, bammers sure are worried about Cam.  That is all the white-trash nation can talk about today is Cam this, Cam that.  Too bad they are all slinging burgers or doing road work, cause they all sound like they would have been excellent coaches.  Maybe they are jealous of Cam's size and agility, or maybe it is because they know their wives want to suck his big horse dick?  Who knows...

Seems like they would be more worried about a coach that ridicules them for booing the visiting team, but chooses to throw 50 yard bombs on first down when his team is up 30 or 40 points on a high school team, in a high school stadium.  Nothin' like that rammer jammer class...  Can't wait for a Prothro incident to happen in this situation and watch the fallout.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2010, 09:05:43 PM »
Very poignant post 280.
Keep 'em comin'
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2010, 09:34:12 PM »
Man, bammers sure are worried about Cam.  That is all the white-trash nation can talk about today is Cam this, Cam that.  Too bad they are all slinging burgers or doing road work, cause they all sound like they would have been excellent coaches.  Maybe they are jealous of Cam's size and agility, or maybe it is because they know their wives want to suck his big horse dick?  Who knows...

Seems like they would be more worried about a coach that ridicules them for booing the visiting team, but chooses to throw 50 yard bombs on first down when his team is up 30 or 40 points on a high school team, in a high school stadium.  Nothin' like that rammer jammer class...  Can't wait for a Prothro incident to happen in this situation and watch the fallout.

Let me guess how you know he has a big horse dick.  You gave a book of sticky notes to the team physician?

And someone doesn't remember Cam connecting on a 40 yard touchdown pass against Arkansas State halfway through the 3rd quarter.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2010, 09:46:48 PM »
Let me guess how you know he has a big horse dick.  You gave a book of sticky notes to the team physician?
forget little notes - he can make a whole trapper keeper sticky
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2010, 09:52:38 PM »
forget little notes - he can make a whole trapper keeper sticky

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2010, 10:02:26 PM »
Let me guess how you know he has a big horse dick.  You gave a book of sticky notes to the team physician.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2010, 10:11:44 PM »
I'll weigh- in with my armchair analysis.

What bothers me, is where were the swing passes? the bubble screens?  Shit, where are the slant patterns, the hooks.  It seems to me that we don't throw anything short and let our talented playmakers do their thing.  We did the swing passes and screens against MSU, but they were non existent against Clemson.  I don't think I have seen a slant pattern all season long, what about a ten yard up and in rout?

It just seems to me that the play calling is run....run...40 yard bomb.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2010, 10:23:02 PM »

And someone doesn't remember Cam connecting on a 40 yard touchdown pass against Arkansas State halfway through the 3rd quarter.

However you want to justify it...  Just don't boo San Jose State next time, aaaiiittt....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2010, 10:25:19 PM »
This is my opinion and I'm sticking with it dammit.

http://www.tigersx.com/forum/war_damn_eagle/thoughts_week_3_10618.0.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2010, 10:31:08 PM »
I think the matchup goes beyond a "competent Mallett/Petrino" sort of thing. I don't know if you have watched the two previous meetings, but it has been utter annihilation. I think scheme-wise, we have their number. We simply do the right things at the right times, and we seem to score plenty on them anyway. You just poo-pooing away what we have done to Arky the past two years makes total sense when talking about this year in this case.

"poo-pooing" away?  What?  Okay.  So what are you saying?  That you're getting the band back together for one more game?  Call back the 2009 team.  We got another one to play in Fayetteville.

Gotcha.   

I'm not dismissing anything.  I even said that I believe Alabama will win the game... However, it's a new year and I think that Petrino and Mallet have proven to be better than average.  If that's proven incorrect, and they look utterly unprepared for the total awesomeness that you have pre-ordained because of years past, then I guess you can thump your chest from behind the keyboard I guess.

And no, I won't be driving to Arkansas for the game.

No shit.  You won't drive across you're own fucking city to watch a game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions